Battlefield 3

Grimes

Tell that to the cheater. This is the ONLY reason why I stopped playing BF series and later all EA games. EA doesn't exist for me anymore. They, (cheaters) come and take over the server and all 64 players have to leave as there is nothing they can do, cheater got admin rights... Ridiculous, but true.

Shenanigans!

I'll never understand that, Contra 30 lives cheat was the only real cheat I ever played...it was impossible to beat that game with only 3 lives seriously. Anyway, that's too bad.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I've seen hacks in Bad Company 2, but I haven't really played it much lately so I don't know what the current atmosphere is like in it. What lowered my interest in BF2 was some of the balance changes done in patches and the majority of servers slowly started to play the same 3 maps over and over again.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

Well, for BF 2, i kept my butt on recognized and serious servers, with mods around pretty much all the time. I hardly experienced any cheating, though it happend now and then. I played BF 2 with a clan as well, so it was quite addicting. :P

Okay, I decided I'll get the PC version. I went on xbox try the Bulletstorm demo and aiming was horrible with a controller. I never noticed that before, I mean, the aimer even snaps to a target when you press the button to aim down the gun sites. That's how much help people need to aim on consoles! So I will stick to PC, I like aiming.

Gents, this thing will never change. It is an industry for loosers, and you like it or not, for as long as there will be loosers, there will be hacks.

http://www.fpscheats.com/topic92775.htm

Notice, all and only EA FPS... and this is one of the hundreds of websites who sells hacks. Imagine, someone actually paying for this.

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Perhaps you missed the memo, but Activision is the new "supreme evil game publisher"

Still wish they'd bring out a new Mech Warrior game though. Can you imagine how frickin good it could look on DX9/10/11 ?!

Mind you, I also want to see Volition bring out Freespace 3, Particle Systems do a I-war 3, and Relic do a Homeworld 3.

Since all of these are pipe dreams, I'll crawl back under my rug ;)

Perhaps you missed the memo, but Activision is the new "supreme evil game publisher"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

Probably now over-shadowed/over-taken by Ubisoft after the current IL2-CoD debacle :music_whistling:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Still wish they'd bring out a new Mech Warrior game though. Can you imagine how frickin good it could look on DX9/10/11

Then check this out: it's coming.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002164p1.html

I'm a big MW fan so cant wait.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

There is a crysis mod mechwarrior also. Only a MP mod, but is decent fun. More like just a FPS with mechsuits, but you are still clomping about in a mech.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

The link about the new MW game is old. The company currently having the rights of the game has recently had to lay off staff and a notification went piblic about them going to focus on mobile apps. Read all about it over at the Classic Battletech forums.

Its unclear if the project is still alive...

Edited by Yskonyn

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

I keep meaning to install BF 2 and give it a real go...but then I just go and play Bad Company 2 instead. What can I say? I love destructibility. I'm really looking forward to this. I don't mind the console-esque battlefields, but they lose some of the larger scope of 1942, BF2, Vietnam etc. It'll be good to see the frostbite engine put to use over a really large scale!

Well what i miss is a real old school Xwing/Tie Fighter/Bwing space game.

Damn geaorge Lucas terminating lucasart.

• Like 1

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Battlefield Rant :)

"jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer" This is how they are trying to whet my appetite for BF3? Prone?.....PRONE?

1942 was amazing, innovative, had way more players (even AI) and possibilities than I had seen in any game up till that.

Desert Combat blew me away, it was for me multiplayer nirvana and perfectly balanced. Couldn't wait to see what the creators Trauma Studios could do with the chance at making a retail game.

BF2 disappointed me, but I'll admit I did have some enjoyment with it. There where some very annoying times with hackers and with patches that fubar'd the game (Server crash anyone?) for months at a time. Also: no Sever favourites, NO CTF (never forgive them for that), Over powered jets (Air superiority fighters with bombs!) and helos, no Man portable AA class. Frustratingly inaccurate weapons.

Good things? The voip was great as was the ability to make squads, I also thought the commander was a good idea. But they wrecked so much of the original flavour and balance of Desert Combat that these added extras where no compromise.

So BF3? Yeah right..I'm pretty much gonna predict it will suck and be nothing like as amazing or innovative as it's great granddad 1942. The fact that they list; "jets, prone, and 64-player multiplayer" as exciting features of this game is laughable when the original did all that plus more. Where the heck is 128 players? And another eyes-to-heaven moment is before we get any hard details about the game content, they have already made us aware of the first DLC/expansion Battlefield 3:Back to Karkand LMFAO

Screw you EA, Screw you

:music_whistling:

I hope I'm proved wrong.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

I am sure EA has major influence, but it is Dice that is the developer. What sucks worse is that both were spectacular when they started out. EA published many a flight sim for example. They are in the business to make money, but video games are to many an art form. EA has become like a pop band making sure their music is easy listening and can be consumed by the masses easily and sell lots.

Saying all that, I bet BF3 will be fun, but not very innovative.

DICE stopped being DICE when Frank Delise and several others left during the Alpha stage of BF2. EA wanted them to create an instant-action, nub-friendly game that would be easy to play instead of taking time to get good at a single role.

The only innovative thing DICE has released has been Mirror's Edge, but that was more of a tech demo.

As BTTW-DratsaB said, BF2 was a REAL disappointment that actually started with the 1.2 patch in Battlefield: Vietnam. That was when the nerfing started.

Haven't touched the franchise since the beta of BF2 and won't give 'em a dime until they stop caving into a handful of whiners on the EA forums.

I don't really care much about the publisher, but first person shooters have stopped being innovative about 5 years ago. Everything since has been "flash and trash". No offense to the author of course, I can't explain what it is, but FPS just don't do it for me anymore. This is what impotence must feel like ;).

It's there in my face, but it's just not doing anything for me...i can't explain it.

Another trailer here as well.

I believe this is a piss take trailer from the upoming Bullet storm which is a shooter with a twist, you get points for downing foes in inventive ways, looks pretty good. As for battlefront 3, i never did get 2, i thinks its finally time i gave it a go now im on xbox live...

Stay away from the consoles, they will make you dumb!

Yeah but everybody needs a bit of dumb fun every now and then :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Well what i miss is a real old school Xwing/Tie Fighter/Bwing space game.

Damn geaorge Lucas terminating lucasart.

A+! I dream of Xwing in DX11. sigh...

I did not know Lucasart went out of business. I guess all those terrible Star War games took its toll?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Where the heck is 128 players?

Honestly more players doesn't always make it better. Two games come to mind, MAG and Joint Operations. MAG is a PS3 game with 256 players, it was fun and it had its moments, but the 256 player battles just weren't that interesting to me. Mostly because it was a giant map divided into 4 main areas with two teams of 32 fighting over the same area. 256 players were in the game, but it was divided up so it didn't really matter. Joint Operations had 150 players and was plenty fun, however the 150 player maps were basically un-winnable and un-losable. Essentially the last base to take had a MASSIVE capture area that covered the default instant spawn zone for the defending team. Player is inside zone, player dies, 1 second later player respawns back inside the zone...... who-ever designed that failed game design 101. Some of the larger conquest maps in Battlefield could use more players, if they re-use rush from BC2 then more players won't likely help things.

Psst, Lucas Arts didn't close, they are still around.