Wags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Config\Producer.cfg and change the "ForceFeedbackEnabled" line from

"true" to "false".

I do not find this file

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

I don't play BS anymore so I doubt I'll get this anyway. But, it seems kind of expenive for a couple of upgrades that you already have if you paid for DCS:A10.

I think the name BlackShark2 was a mistake too.

I'm surprised they didn't wait until Nevada map was finished and include that. That would be worth $20 and would have made the package go down much better with everyone I feel.

Still, people got to make a living I guess.

PS, can any =one give me a link to some screen shots of the new cockpit, if there are any yet?

You're mistaken about Nevada, they are going to charge for that too.

...I think the moderator's on this site get a little to involved shooting down other people's opinions....

It has on countless occasions been requested and stated that all opinions are welcome, provided that said opinions/comments are, and I quote:

we expect posts to be made in a polite manner with respect to users, developers, and the product in general

Now whether a member elected to ignore the above request or not, all posts are moderated with that credo in mind. If a member wishes to be disrespectful, discourteous or just plain rude and argumentative, well then, you gotta be prepared to take your punches. Don't wade in, take a wild swing and moan if and when you get a bloody nose for your effort.

All that was demanded was a little bit of respect. If adhered to, all else will follow. For some it was however regrettably too much of an effort and administrative action was deemed appropriate. I trust that it will no longer be necessary as evidenced by the conduct of this thread as of late.

In conclusion it is again reiterated that if one has any problems whatsoever with any aspect of the moderation of these boards, please by all means contact the Community managers and they'll assist.

Ta

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

All that was demanded was a little bit of respect. If adhered to, all else will follow. For some it was however regrettably too much of an effort and administrative action was deemed appropriate. I trust that it will no longer be necessary as evidenced by the conduct of this thread as of late.

In conclusion it is again reiterated that if one has any problems whatsoever with any aspect of the moderation of these boards, please by all means contact the Community managers and they'll assist.

Ta

Ok I understand where you are coming from. In the past 20 minutes I took the liberty to read all of the pages on this thread and I can sympathize with the moderators a lot more. Quite a few individuals are not making their arguments known in a respectful manner.

It's funny you would think the announcement of Black Shark 2 would have a bastion of support and little controversy :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

It's funny you would think the announcement of Black Shark 2 would have a bastion of support and little controversy :D

We are too diverse a crowd for that to have even been considered a possibility. That said - would have been helluva nice though........would have gotten a lot more sleep these last coupla days :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem from the get go was, "surprise Black Shark 2"

How ever I'm loving the new flight characteristics.

Much more realistic.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

...You're not having to pay for updates on every future update. You are asked to pay to upgrade this one...

OMG Eth, do not bull***t us please. Upgrades like this will happen in the future too, and you know it as well as me. If flightsim wants to survive and remain attractive for users, it must be updated at least every two-three years. Technology is advancing, what we see today as state-of-art becames obsolete very soon. And what will make ED to stop charging customers for such upgrades in the future, if they do it now? They will need sufficient funds to work on those upgrades, especially when number of necessary compatibility-patches increases with every new DSC-release...

...The second is technical: By constantly developing the core, they can significantly enhance /all/ of their products - but the caveat is that this sort of development will require some form of maintenance fee...

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what most of us would see as welcomed and acceptable strategy: paying let's say once per year or two for core-upgrade, and for every new DCS-module when it is released. But *not* charging customers for every compatibility-patch! Because once in the far future, when DCS consists of 20 releases, users will have to pay $50 for new DCS:No21, and 20x$20=$400 for 20 "upgrades" of DCS:No1-DCS:No20 (not to talk about time necessary to create/release those 20 upgrades)...

OMG Eth, do not bull***t us please. Upgrades like this will happen in the future too, and you know it as well as me. If flightsim wants to survive and remain attractive for users, it must be updated at least every two-three years. Technology is advancing, what we see today as state-of-art becames obsolete very soon. And what will make ED to stop charging customers for such upgrades in the future, if they do it now? They will need sufficient funds to work on those upgrades, especially when number of necessary compatibility-patches increases with every new DSC-release...

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what most of us would see as welcomed and acceptable strategy: paying let's say once per year or two for core-upgrade, and for every new DCS-module when it is released. But *not* charging customers for every compatibility-patch! Because once in the far future, when DCS consists of 20 releases, users will have to pay $50 for new DCS:No21, and 20x$20=$400 for 20 "upgrades" of DCS:No1-DCS:No20 (not to talk about time necessary to create/release those 20 upgrades)...

I think the biggest issue here is people's perception of how a software company should maintain their product. The following is the software development process:

Requirements > Design> Implementation> Verification> Maintenance.

Do you see upgrade, expansion or dlc anywhere? If a company wants to market a upgrade, DLC or expansion it's their prerogative. You the consumer can elect to purchase the product or not but I can assure you all of the upgrades in Black Shark 2 costs hours of hard work. I'm sorry but I'll happily reward the devs with a measly $20.00.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Did the manual get updated? :huh:

What sections have new information?:noexpression:

I need to print those so my manual is correct, I enjoy reading new stuff:book:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

This is awesome. Worth every penny at a meagre £10.00 or so. Activision charge more than that for a couple of maps on call of duty, and you just got significantly more.

No pleasing some people, thanks ED.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

i want some screenshots and videos for bs2, so ?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80938

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did the manual get updated? :huh:

What sections have new information?:noexpression:

I need to print those so my manual is correct, I enjoy reading new stuff:book:

Yes. Wags said he did not have specific information on what changed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's really annoying to read all of the whining about $20! Most of us spend at least that on junk food, cigarettes, beer or other crap daily. I've been into flightsims since the mid '80 s and over the years have spent hundreds of dollars on crap! Nothing yet has come even close to the level of perfection that ED delivers...nothing. I'm also a private pilot so I know a little something about flight dynamics and how a sim should feel, although I have no experience in an A-10 nor a Blackshark:)

Bottom line is this, support the great work of developers like ED or don't complain when this genre dries up and dies the slow death that it's been dying and we're left with cheap cheesy "games" rather than high fidelity flight simulators.:music_whistling:

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whole heartedly agree Cornbread and redtail. Its funny those complaining about the 20 dollars will probably go out and eat at some junkfood restraunt or go see a movie or rent a movie for example and when its over - its over! At least for this 20 dollars you can play again and again and with friends and get an experience that is close to real life in some ways. Thanks ED for the awesome SIMS!

Sorry gentlemens moderators but I think ED just this mistake leaving the paid upgrade, it does not like it or not, and I'm not the only one to think that I feel, given the number post since the opening of the subject, along the same lines as mine. That's a shame because I think it will compromètre many things for the rest of the series on the DCS community Simer ... to the wise ...

PS: I regret that the posts are deleted for fear of hurting the ED team, you have to accept criticism, especially when a decision is not understood by a very very large part of the community.

Edited by Muse

courage and dedication

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We accept criticism; posts are deleted not because they are critical, but because they are rude.

PS: I regret that the posts are deleted for fear of hurting the ED team, you have to accept criticism, especially when a decision is not understood by a very very large part of the community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

+1

Common guys we're always talking about how we should support ED, well here's your chance to "put your money where your mouth is." If all the "patch" included was simply multiplayer compatibility then I would agree with the naysayers - yet there is so much more from what I have read and seen in these forums.

I can't wait, I have 56 days left until I leave Afghanistan and return to the US, once there I will buy BS2 (32 weeks to download here). I think ED charges too little for their current offerings and I hope they do what ever it takes in the future to stay financially sound.

I do agree with earlier postings about finding a way to share resources amongst the installs. I have a 240GB SSD that is pretty well loaded down already; until pricing goes down and storage size goes up I'm concerned with the completely separate installs.

Also I support and hope that you guys release FC3 as well!

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I just bought the full version because of the trouble whit the patch?

And thanks ED for this one.

When will we hear about the next plane in line?

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

To help alleviate some of concerns raised here about the general direction of DCS development, I can say that ED understands that production of individual titles, which need to be continually updated separately in order maintain compatibility is not a sustainable system in the long term. It continues to be our goal to develop a truly modular system with a unified world into which individual products can be plugged into and maintained up to date. Creating a technological and financial infrastructure for such a system is challenging, time-consuming and expensive, in particular when the realism bar for player-controlled and AI units, as well as the rest of the virtual world are so high. We know this has been a vision for many simmers and sim developers for a long time, including ED, but there is a reason why it hasn't happened yet. We will continue to work to try and make it a reality.

• Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

To help alleviate some of concerns raised here about the general direction of DCS development, I can say that ED understands that production of individual titles, which need to be continually updated separately in order maintain compatibility is not a sustainable system in the long term. It continues to be our goal to develop a truly modular system with a unified world into which individual products can be plugged into and maintained up to date. Creating a technological and financial infrastructure for such a system is challenging, time-consuming and expensive, in particular when the realism bar for player-controlled and AI units, as well as the rest of the virtual world are so high. We know this has been a vision for many simmers and sim developers for a long time, including ED, but there is a reason why it hasn't happened yet. We will continue to work to try and make it a reality.

:thumbup:

I'd sticky this post.