Outstanding Major Bugs in FC2

Nate--IRL--

Hmmm for me it is just weird it appears in termo mode, even if active. Perhaps it is real feature, or just forgotten bug since LO1. Maybe answer would be in Su-27SK manual.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm for me it is just weird it appears in termo mode, even if active. Perhaps it is real feature, or just forgotten bug since LO1. Maybe answer would be in Su-27SK manual.

well you know if it has EOS lock and you get "LA/NP" and bandit is far away even, it will just fly straight. No guidance until pitbull. EOS mode with this missile is just for launch parameters. WCS does no guidance without radar in the SIM. Not sure about reality.

There is one bad problem which is a little related. If you got a guy on EOS 30km away rear aspect, switch to 73/ET you can then IFF him with radar. Same with '77. BUT, with the 77 selected, you think you have a shot, but your radar is only giving you the IFF NOT an actually lock. So he starts to reengage and you get a shot off it can fly straight, no guidance. Now in same scenario... select ER... "I" radar symbol disappears because you do not have a radar lock to fire. ;) Just one of those things lost in the logic.

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUGs gentlemen BUGs! not modelling! If something is documented in the manual as doing something and it is not doing that, THAT is a bug,

If you can't find it in the manual, then it isn't a bug, and isn't welcome in this thread.

Yeah GG that applies to you too :)

Nate

Well, you're the tester, you should know all the bugs better then anybody.

Or, just spend few more hours on the forum reading, not only guarding the castle :D

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Well, you're the tester, you should know all the bugs better then anybody.

Or, just spend few more hours on the forum reading, not only guarding the castle :D

As I said in the original post I have not touched FC2 for a long long time, I have no idea what people view as the major problems. I could try trawling through the forum, but things will get missed.

Starting a thread like this worked well for BS2, the improvements in the Wingman AI, among many other things, were a direct result. So if there is some you'd like to contribute, then please do. If not, then please don't clutter the thread.

Nate

• Like 1

Why hasn't anyone yet mentioned the non-working (or, more fatal, wrong-working) HSI in AC-mode? This can be from annoying (when in navigation training) to fatal (in Air Combat, receiving a threat in rel to BE for example). I know that bug's relying deep in the avionics code, but everything is subject to change and so there's chance anyway it's looked into, right?

Look at the end of post #7, the Devs have know about this for a long time.

I appreciate that, but I'd rather the debate be kept to another thread.

Nate

There is no debate, but this is a big problem in multiplayer and needs to be addressed. A member in the community fixed it, so I don't think it would be that hard for the Devs to fix it also. I'm sure the person would be willing to help out.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

BUGs gentlemen BUGs! not modelling! If something is documented in the manual as doing something and it is not doing that, THAT is a bug,

If you can't find it in the manual, then it isn't a bug, and isn't welcome in this thread.

Yeah GG that applies to you too :)

Nate

So, if I can ask what will be changed in "Flaming cliff x", manual or in-game stuff?

Cheers

Presing

Edited by Presing

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

What a polite answer. But i`m sure what will be changed... nothing excepting price and destroyed multiplayer, for now... i don`t know about future if DCS have future.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

You need ZVER (mega computer) from Brussels for dedicated server.

Not really - I use laptop as dedi and it works good for at least 12 people at once. My lap is not too powerful, just core2duo and GF 9300GS. I lowered all settings on laptop to very low or ultra low (lower than it is possible). It works.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Yes. If such old PC ran 12, nowadays PC or a bit older will handle much more. There is no problem.

ಠ_ಠ

For the Virtual Aerobatic Community it would be good to fix the "see through" of aircraft when zoomed in with the camera. That should also fix the clipping of the canopy and afterburner. Thanks!

Thats a price you have to pay, not to have black dots instead. I know it is frustrating while movie making and like VFAT when you must superzoom. But in air combat, this is a real bless. It practically imitates air density.

Other bug, just for my two cents: Missiles are giving away IFF signals on radar . . . All of them which can be picked up by radar.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

I agree with GG by far. You may not have an exit window in real life and if you can provide anything to the fight,....you are your own aircraft commander. You decide when you are going to set your controlled ejection parameters. If I have a few holes in my wing, a fuel leak and a busted engine,....you better know that I sure as heck will not eject at that second if I can feed SA to my wingman to help him survive. Then once the smoke is clear,... I eject and backup arrives for SARCAP.

Every scenario is different but I have encountered this before in a training fight one time as I was acting aggressor,.....where it was better for me to float around and feed SA and brevity to my wingy so he has a better chance of survival.

If I can't stay in my jet longer then --- Controlled or Uncontrolled ejection as required.

We always train to ensure the bandit is out of his jet first,..... or we stay out of any WEZ until we are sure he is dead. I will not be caught off guard by a wounded bandit,....that would be embarrassing.

Sincerely,

"Rooster"

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the Virtual Aerobatic Community it would be good to fix the "see through" of aircraft when zoomed in with the camera. That should also fix the clipping of the canopy and afterburner. Thanks!

FC3 will use the same graphics engine as the current DCS A-10C and Ka-50 does, so no see-through aircraft or buildings, at any distance.

Also it would be nice to see realistic Approach speeds/AOA relationship for the F15 for final approach and landing smile.gif It is currently bugged.

Pageg 84 of the FC2 manual under the title of Angle Of attack Indicator.. it says :

"The AoA indicator is positioned on the instrument panel under the IAS and Mach meter. It is used for indicating the current AoA value within the limits of 0 to 45 units. The AoA values do not correspond to actual degrees. In the area of landing Aoa 920-22 units) there is a corresponding index on the the indicator"

and Page 92 of the manual describing HUD, it says in the 4th dot point:

"Just to the right of the speed scale , a smaller AoA scale is displayed. This scale shows the current AoA, which is measured in units and not degrees. You should land at approximately 22 units".

Given the manual is specific and in game Flight performance is at variation its a "Bug" wrt to Nates definition :)

The F15 Flight manual provides the IAS versus units AoA relationship:

f15iasvaoa.jpg

IAS at 21 units AOA v Wt.

So on speed (21units) at 32000Lbs (2000Lbs gas, empty Cl tank) with Flap App speed around 137KIAS at 21units gives typical 3 deg flight path.

In FC2 Typical App speeds are closer (though still faster) to the No flap speeds in the diagram above

f15vref.jpg

5 Units AOA, 162KIAS 3 deg flight path is what you get in FC2 (With Flap)

Edited by IvanK

I agree with GG by far. You may not have an exit window in real life and if you can provide anything to the fight,....you are your own aircraft commander. You decide when you are going to set your controlled ejection parameters. If I have a few holes in my wing, a fuel leak and a busted engine,....you better know that I sure as heck will not eject at that second if I can feed SA to my wingman to help him survive. Then once the smoke is clear,... I eject and backup arrives for SARCAP.

Every scenario is different but I have encountered this before in a training fight one time as I was acting aggressor,.....where it was better for me to float around and feed SA and brevity to my wingy so he has a better chance of survival.

If I can't stay in my jet longer then --- Controlled or Uncontrolled ejection as required.

We always train to ensure the bandit is out of his jet first,..... or we stay out of any WEZ until we are sure he is dead. I will not be caught off guard by a wounded bandit,....that would be embarrassing.

Sincerely,

"Rooster"

There is a big difference between a bandit with slight damage and a bandit with all sytems and engines taken out spiralling to the ground.

If a bandit is engaging your strikers then you don't have the luxury of keeping at arms length from him, taking him down is priority. After winning the engagement against a clever foe you can end up right on top of the bandit because of the process of him notching your radar, CMs, use of terrain etc.

When you finally hit the bandit or hit him for the second or even third time and everything on his plane is knocked out except the pilot he can still fire on you with everything he has, that is the flaw being highlighted here.

• Like 1

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Well I'd like in FC3:

• During integrity check window with "Integrity check failed" should show what files are wrong, it would be nice to add what lines too.
  • Add payload screen. It is annoying choosing payload via text commands. It is not DOS time. :)
  • Add progress bar and control bar for track replay function. Now I don't know I am at beginning of the track or in the middle. Also I can't rewind to back or move to specific moment. Sometimes bug appeared after 2 hours of playing. I doubt you will watch 2 hrs track to see it. With control bar you simply choose where to start track and v'oila:)
  • 3D mission editor I guess, is beyond however who knows :)
  • Server browser needs rework. It is not too friendly - no sorting.
  • Fix weapons stand off. After rearming they will not "jump" from "jumpable" pylon like AKU-58 - Kh-29, 58 ect will not fall down before engine ignition. Same with Su-27\33 internal pylons.
  • Force worsen Shkval image. Currently It seems to be HD picture :) It'd be nice to have Ka-50's TV behaviour moved to Su-25T - no object snap you know. Add AA fuze button for Frog...
  • Improve anti-cheat measurements.
  • Do something - dunno what - to allow record track (acmi file) during normal flight. Now due to some affects of leaving it turned on is mostly forbidden. Then you have to record track manually. Again flying example hour, if you speed up track replaying after some time you will notice shortcomings - eg. plane will not land or runway, but 20 meters on the right.

That is so far.

Edited by Boberro

ಠ_ಠ