DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The argument "buy to support ED so they continue devolping" end.

I know people who bought everything: LOMAC, FC1, FC2, BS1, BS2, A10

And they bought more than one time, download version, box version, english version, spanish version, but they wont buy anymore.

ED know what people want since a lot. Supersonic fighter multirole or at least air-air, thats the reason because they bought all, and they bring P51? This seems like ED is laughing of us, so, we wont buy it

If next step is DCS Cessna, you´ll buy again?

Greetings

Because warbirds in FSX are really vintage GA planes, a lot of them are flying today, I've seen few of them by myself. Combat ready P-51D over modern Georgia theatre is completely out of place :P

I'm not against P-51 or DCS, no, but series is pretty funny now TBH. A helicopter built in just few copies, A-10C over Georgia (lol) and now P-51. We'll get a theatre in the middle of US soon, and you are asking why there are warbirds in FSX? Which one is more crazy? :thumbup:

My question was rhetorical :) My point is there is a market for High Fidelity WW2 birds in a modern environment.

Nate

What I'm most exited about is to learn first how to start it up without oil/smoke covering my whole canopy.

And then, when I'm able to keep the motor going for more than just a normal traffic pattern, to get my head into learning proper navigation habits without a HUD and a moving map.

Only using the clock and the compass.smile.gif

And they bought more than one time, download version, box version, english version, spanish version, but they wont buy anymore.

ED know what people want since a lot. Supersonic fighter multirole or at least air-air, thats the reason because they bought all, and they bring P51? This seems like ED is laughing of us, so, we wont buy it

Greetings

Your argument carries no weight IMO. Sounds like you want/expect ED to make all these products and keep them updated for free??? Do you expect to get paid when you work? No one is forcing anyone to buy anything. This is a hobby and hobbies cost money. If you can't afford it, find a cheaper hobby. I've spent less than $150 on ED's products... that's a bargain for the hours I've gotten out of them.

Nice! :) finally someone talks about the new product line in detail!

But how can you see on a single static Image that this a "dynamic" reflection...? - and not one of this textures we have since early LockOn?

the photo focuses on it. maybe it's just showing the shadow on the canopy.

A p-51D? Great!

I for myself want this fighter cause i knew ED is doing and will do a great job on sims.

I was concered if i am able to start and fly the A-10C but ED and forum members did a great job and helped me, so i am not an expert but i love to fly the A-10C.

This will be sure for the P-51D. ED did every time a great sim, so there is no hesitating from my side.

The only thing i want to know is if DCS P-51D will be available on DVD. I for myself like the "hardend" version.

I must say i hate steam. Sorry, this is my point of view.

Why you have doubts?

Throw down a convoy protected with a truck mounted AAA, and you got yourself fairly realistic scenario.

Spotting ground targets without any fancy targeting pod will be a lot of challenge. Hell, navigating without a moving map and INS/EGI will be fun :D

You won't be fighting Sa-10, sa-11...but you aren't fighting those in the BS or A-10 either.

For AA, you will most likely have to stick to P-51 vs P-51, but that's not less realistic then the air quake we got with FC 2

Sure ;) but personally i prefer modern combat.

I can understand other guys love famous old planes :pilotfly:

But mix both :P

So much whining and complaining in this thread. If you don't like it, don't buy it... but quit whining like a pack of kids. It is what it is.

IMO I don't think there is anything wrong with a little customer feedback. For example when you look at what the banks (Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase) were trying to do with imposing debit card fees. The customers had a voice, spoke out against it and they backed off. Now, I am NOT saying protest ED by any means. Just saying the other side should be heard also.

Hope better days come with FC3 and next DCS add-on.

From my understanding this work is to be done in parallel with the release of many DCS modules this year. including the F-18(not officially announced). With that said, at first thought this is not very appealing because there are so many prop sims out there. At the same time I have supported most of the products ED has released and I wish them continued success.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Greetings

People here wish ED to earn more money and to keep up their good work.

People like ED to develop different kinds of plane, modern , legend ,military or civil.

People just complain p51 eat up too much time they spend on DCS jet, what's worse,ED still didn't tell people what the jet is .:doh:

Greetings

As stated by wags it's a parallel initiative that will have no impact on the dcs jet module. You're completly mo's understanding and knee jerk reacting to your own confused gobbolygoop.

A Cessna and an armed p51 are a very poor comparison my friend.

There are a few light bulbs and gauges as well. ;)

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

What I'm most exited about is to learn first how to start it up without oil/smoke covering my whole canopy.

And then, when I'm able to keep the motor going for more than just a normal traffic pattern, to get my head into learning proper navigation habits without a HUD and a moving map.

Only using the clock and the compass.smile.gif

I was thinking this too and was quite excited. Then I though... Oh dear god, I'm excited about doing maths for a simulation that flys exactly like the real thing. Most people wound say, I better stop. I say AWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSOOOOOOOOOMEE. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

the photo focuses on it. maybe it's just showing the shadow on the canopy.

A dynamic reflection would be very nice - but when looking at this image - and the angel which it is taken - the reflection of the HUD has to be more to the left to be correct. - So I think taht the reflection is not fully dynamic. - at least very simplified.

reclection.png

Well, I get tired at page 20. Whiners will be whiners.

Of course I would prefer some multirole jet plane going supersonic at ground level but... that work is being done in paralel. So far so good.

A week to master the plane and systems? No complicated navigation (visual)? It can cruise at 360kts? 6 0.5 inch guns with 400 rounds each, 500lb bombs and 127mm HVAR rockets? Hmmm, I'm buying it at first hour.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I think taht the reflection is not fully dynamic. - at least very simplified
Most likely it's a static reflection, as in previous ED products.

Likely, dynamic reflections wouldn't have a big visual impact. (unlike dynamic cockpit shadows, which we already have)