DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have the real thing and are using it to record all of the required samples.

Nate

That's what I like to hear!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

An AT-80U is basically an armed cessna isn't it? Sorry Ethereal. :D

Actually, AT-802U is more like a flying tractor with teeth. :D

A Cessna is just a fartmobile, the most boring aircraft I ever flew (both IRL and in simulators). :P

(Nice as an initial trainer and pure personal transport though.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Actually, AT-802U is more like a flying tractor with teeth. :D

A Cessna is just a fartmobile, the most boring aircraft I ever flew (both IRL and in simulators). :P

(Nice as an initial trainer and pure personal transport though.)

Slow and ugly. Sounds like a cessna to me. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

One of these days you need to develop a sense of taste... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

:music_whistling::music_whistling: I am sure looking forward to the P-51D Mustang..I always loved this plane as a child..even went out and bought two models of it..with working wheels up/down and bombs dropping..damn I wish I had kepted them...it would also be nice to have DCS to add a FW-109 or sorts..for some old fashion " Dogfights "...:thumbup:

Some of you people are really amazing with the whole "glass is half empty perspective"... even if you don't care one lick about the P-51D, you should at least recognize this as a vehicle for bringing in more simmers into the DCS world...

I hope that is true but I am fairly certain that it is not. The people who are simply curious about the handling of a classic fighter have FSX and X-Plane. Add-ons for these sims are sufficient for most people. I don't doubt that ED can make a very beautiful and well-representative P-51 model. But it's been done. And whatever improvements ED brings to the FM over the existing add-ons will be subtle to the point that only a few will care. The IL2 and RoF crowd are interested in combat and history. Unless there are surprises hidden under this announcement I see immediate potential for none of either. Therefore I see little potential for this to be an entry drug to bring more fans to the modern study sims we all fly.

PS: I WILL buy it. It's a great way to support TFS and their enduring support of ED. (English terrain around Duxford would be nice.)

I hope that is true but I am fairly certain that it is not. The people who are simply curious about the handling of a classic fighter have FSX and X-Plane. Add-ons for these sims are sufficient for most people. I don't doubt that ED can make a very beautiful and well-representative P-51 model. But it's been done. And whatever improvements ED brings to the FM over the existing add-ons will be subtle to the point that only a few will care. The IL2 and RoF crowd are interested in combat and history. Unless there are surprises hidden under this announcement I see immediate potential for none of either. Therefore I see little potential for this to be an entry drug to bring more fans to the modern study sims we all fly.

PS: I WILL buy it. It's a great way to support TFS and their enduring support of ED. (English terrain around Duxford would be nice.)

Or just maybe they wish to grab some of those members from IL-2/ROF..that are not already here...nothing wrong with being active on both area's of the Sim Community...modern and past..

And whatever improvements ED brings to the FM over the existing add-ons will be subtle to the point that only a few will care.....

Trust me, you have absolutely no idea how misinformed that statement actually is. Just plain wrong :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I will buy this. I think this could be tremendous fun. Also, given the quality of other products (A10, BS2 etc) it could be a real hoot learning how to survive. If nothing els, going for a sight seeing flight at the end of those days where you don't have enough brainpower or energy left to get into heavy duty combat.

Also, out of principal I would buy to support this company. To me these are the best combat flight sims available today (and probably tomorrow).

Dave in Winnipeg

I wonder how it will do in your ladder, if you decide to include it. The flying skills for it are something else :)

Or just maybe they wish to grab some of those members from IL-2/ROF..that are not already here...nothing wrong with being active on both area's of the Sim Community...modern and past..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I wonder how it will do in your ladder, if you decide to include it. The flying skills for it are something else :)

@GGTharos...it would be very easy to impliment into our Ladder Competition's...and if DCS does add other planes of that era to include into their vision..the more the better..but yea for now it could be P-51D vs P-51D until they add the FW-109 :thumbup:

I am very Looking forward to the P-51D..more than anything..I am excited..:pilotfly: