Newest EDM Model Tools

Greetings

Except removing cooled materials of the object , is there other way to stop the object from being exported by EDM ?!?
cause after hiding again EDM exports it !

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Il 13/6/2023 at 13:26, sadjad-vosoul ha scritto:

Greetings

Except removing cooled materials of the object , is there other way to stop the object from being exported by EDM ?!?
cause after hiding again EDM exports it !

Verify in edm plugin options that export hidden objects is unchecked.IMG_7732.jpeg

• Thanks 1

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

On 6/16/2023 at 8:55 PM, Automan said:

Verify in edm plugin options that export hidden objects is unchecked.IMG_7732.jpeg

Thank you soo much 😅

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings

what these lines do and how can i use them ?!

While LODs are controlled by .lod lua file

i cannot understand this image.png

Edited by sadjad-vosoul

My Gear :

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the .edm plugin in 3ds max, but when I try to access a tool from the plugin, I get a "script file not found" error. Like settingsGUI.ms not found, exportToPSMeshGUI.ms not found, or overwingVaporMakerGUI.ms not found. Is there something I need that I didn't download in order to use the plugin with 3ds?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

6 minutes ago, rwbishUP said:

I installed the .edm plugin in 3ds max, but when I try to access a tool from the plugin, I get a "script file not found" error. Like settingsGUI.ms not found, exportToPSMeshGUI.ms not found, or overwingVaporMakerGUI.ms not found. Is there something I need that I didn't download in order to use the plugin with 3ds?

Its usually a good idea to not download the latest plugin but maybe the second or third newest iteration. 

On 7/28/2023 at 1:36 AM, razo+r said:

Its usually a good idea to not download the latest plugin but maybe the second or third newest iteration. 

even for 2022 second or third have problems 

i am now wanna download for 3 months older !

My Gear :

Does anyone else have the issue with the EDM plugin that one can no longer use the file > export > export   functionality in 3ds max?

3dsmax (2023 & 2024, I can't go really older) crashes when doing that, regardless if the scene is empty and manually moving the files out of the plugin dir when not doing DCS stuff is slightly cumbersome...

Just buy going to file > export > export, it instantly crashes 3dsmax, the 'edm export' from the toolbar however seems to work (I can't tell, other than a few test EDMs I haven't done with it yet)

this is not really on how to use those EDM tools (started learning DCS related stuff) but more of an "how to keep the host application functional with the ED plugins installed" issue.

it simply breaks 3dsmax export feature, regardless of using it for edm files or as in most cases here for other things.

(did install various versions, just not sure how far to go back in time with those, particularly as 2024 support was added in April)

I would be happy for any hints on which plugin-build does not crash max when going to export, for now I have to manually remove the plugin files in max 😕
Could go up to 5 versions back, which should be 2020, but this would be a really specific DCS case and when autodesk releases their 2025 series, the oldest to get would be 2021

My 2022 crashes While doing that route... Which means exporting to FBX to do textures is a no go... did a complete reinstall as well.. Evan whit out the plugins.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• 2 weeks later...

Went to download the latest version and an option to download a\the Blender plugin .... Is this ED's own or the unofficial one?? 

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 1 month later...

Index of /mods/ (eagle.ru) @empty

It'll be great if it can be made official as it'll help those that use Blender even more. 

1 hour ago, joey45 said:

Index of /mods/ (eagle.ru) @empty

It'll be great if it can be made official as it'll help those that use Blender even more. 

If you download it from the link you posted and load it into Blender it says that it is an official plugin from ED in version 1.0.0. I have not gotten it to work though. But this was a suprise to me regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I temporarily switched back to 3dsmax to bea able to repair an older model, but I am not able to export any edm correctly, whatsoever. Even a simple box mapped with a bitmap does only give a 309 byte edm file and an empty box-frame in model viewer mt. I use max 2022 and edm-plugins-216821, and also tried edm-plugins-229281.

Any trick I am missing? Which combination works with max 2022?

edit:

I get a model exported with the standard legacy materials, but no mapping of textures or lights. In Modelviewer, no "Textures" Window pops up (it does with older or Blender-exported models).

Thanks for any suggestions...

edit:

solved. (I used OSL bitmap lookup accidentally, needed to use simple bitmap load).

V.

Edited by rato65

On 12/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rostic said:

Any ideas why in ModelViewer2 (edModelViewer2-2.8.1.34101.exe) materials looks inverted to the game. In viewer gears, nose pinup and other elements have glossy effect, while in game not. But polished metal in viewer looks like it is painted, while in game it looks correct?

bot-game.jpg

bot-mviewer2.jpg

top-game.jpg

top-mviewer2.jpg

Hi Mate 

I created a MOD that addresses this issue with the B-17 Metallic Specularity that works both In Game and ModelViewer

Edited by Warlord64

I am having troubles getting anything to show up in the modelviewer. It gives all these errors but they also appear when loading the f5E for example but the model still shows up. Mine don't show up.

image.png

this is just a simple setup to sanity check myself. The dummy has Type="boundingbox"; and i've tried to but the box on renderable and no type but it just won't work. Pretty sad because I made a fully modeled and animated cockpit.

image.png

Please help I can't find anything about this and I can't understand most of the instructions.

Just now, Vismonger said:

I am having troubles getting anything to show up in the modelviewer. It gives all these errors but they also appear when loading the f5E for example but the model still shows up. Mine don't show up.

image.png

this is just a simple setup to sanity check myself. The dummy has Type="boundingbox"; and i've tried to but the box on renderable and no type but it just won't work. Pretty sad because I made a fully modeled and animated cockpit.

image.png

Please help I can't find anything about this and I can't understand most of the instructions.

If the file size of your exported model is 1kb, you did something wrong when trying to export it.

Did you also press "make cool"?

14 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If the file size of your exported model is 1kb, you did something wrong when trying to export it.

Did you also press "make cool"?

It is 1kb. and if i only press 'make cool' it errors so but if i also press 'no good' it works. could definitely be the problem but I don't know why it gives this error when I only press 'make cool'; Error: Uniforms: Can't get parameter Shader Basic Parameters->Specular Level. Material: Material #43.    File: Utils\EDMTools\NGModel_MaxPlugins\Exporter\src\MtlKeeper.cpp:344.