Any FFB stick owners playing P-51D?

Scarecrow

Not yet implemented.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

FFB needs to come real soon. I can't really fly without center force or FF.

It's just a time for configuring and setting up inputs and options - no serious flying until it kicks in.

Still there is the Su25, but I did want to fly my P-51

Hey guys

I have a MS FFB2 stick, I was wondering if the joystick loose its return to center force in P-51D.. if so a guy posted a nice program for BS2 that improves the force feedback... as far i can remember this program takes control of the joystick's force feedback

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84883&highlight=force+feedback

Might be we can use it to temporary get some dampening on the joystick and get rid of the missing "return to center" thing... while ED implements proper Feedback :joystick:

I can't try it myself because I'm still downloading my P-51D...

What do you think... worth trying?

Edited by fzfq3m

Compuer Specs

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @2.6Ghz

Asus P6T7 WS rev2

6GB Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A2000C8

2xHP 300GB 10K SAS RAID 1

Corsair AX1200

Nvidia Geforce GTX 580 3GB

Water Cooling Specs:

Koolance CPU-360

Koolance ASP6T7WS

2xSwiftech MCP655 with EK D5 Dual Top

1xBlack Ice GT S 360 XFlow

1xPhobya Xtreme 400

Tubing:Tygon 2001 1/2"

2xBitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm

Swiftech MCres Rev1

Hey guys

I have a MS FFB2 stick, I was wondering if the joystick loose its return to center force in P-51D.. if so a guy posted a nice program for BS2 that improves the force feedback... as far i can remember this program takes control of the joystick's force feedback

I tried it and it doesn't work for me , but it doesn't work in BS2 either so ... not sure about that.

I tried it and it doesn't work for me , but it doesn't work in BS2 either so ... not sure about that.

Did you select the checkbox in the options to enable it, for BS2 that is?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No ffb effects for my g940, though I do have basic centre stick, trimming doesn't effect it.

That is because

Not yet implemented.

:(

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Did you select the checkbox in the options to enable it, for BS2 that is?

In the BS2 options ? Which checkbox?

In the simffb , I don't see a box to check in the options..:helpsmilie:

If you just want the centering force to work with your MS FFB2, pause the sim once you're in the cockpit, alt-tab to the desktop and run and then close the FFTest.exe file that's in the DCS World\bin folder. That should reset the force feedback on the stick so you'll have centering force in game when you alt-tab back.

Hey guys

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84883&highlight=force+feedback

Might be we can use it to temporary get some dampening on the joystick and get rid of the missing "return to center" thing... while ED implements proper Feedback :joystick:

I can't try it myself because I'm still downloading my P-51D...

yes

If you just want the centering force to work with your MS FFB2, pause the sim once you're in the cockpit, alt-tab to the desktop and run and then close the FFTest.exe file that's in the DCS World\bin folder. That should reset the force feedback on the stick so you'll have centering force in game when you alt-tab back.

This doesn't work for me. As soon as I return to the game the full force, non-centering controls resume.

Expectation of FFB Implementation?

I use the G940 HOTAS and was wondering when FFB will be implemeted? Can we expect it in the next patch? I can be patient if I know that its being worked on.

As a second thought, I wonder if there isn't a work around that would give a solid centering force on the stick even though the FFB isn't programmed in yet? Anyone possibly worked this out? I'm excited to fly but right now it is very unstable due to no tactile feel on the stick. Really just like a wet noodle.

I use the G940 HOTAS and was wondering when FFB will be implemeted? Can we expect it in the next patch? I can be patient if I know that its being worked on.

As a second thought, I wonder if there isn't a work around that would give a solid centering force on the stick even though the FFB isn't programmed in yet? Anyone possibly worked this out? I'm excited to fly but right now it is very unstable due to no tactile feel on the stick. Really just like a wet noodle.

Try enabling centerinspring in windows and about 60%, helps a lot.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Kindly utilise the Search function prior to posting new threads. Should a matter already have been addressed, utilise existing threads for queries and posts.

Ta

/Threads Merged.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 1 month later...

A little "update" from JimMack about FFB - so we know now that FFB is working in the testers-build of P-51D.

I have tested the current beta new code with G940 and it works fine. Nice early warning of an impending accelerated stall!

Hoping to get my hands on it soon :)

And again:

right now there are no FFB effects in P-51D 1.1.2.1

- so please use this nifty tool to stiff up your stick:

>>>> Damper and friction effects in force feedback for Black Shark

jib, I did another version to see if the axes swapping is now correct and the spring stops while holding down the trim button.

If any of the axes is still inverted try to see which one, X or Y.

Remember that you have to use an actual joystick button. I mean, if you are using logitech's programming tool to send a 'T' with the trim button, my program won't catch any button press.

That same joystick button must be configured inside black shark as trim button.

Also, remember that you have to launch the program AFTER the mission is completely loaded. Or, if the program is already running, you have to select "Init DirectInput" in the Options menu to steal control of force feedback from black shark 2. But only after the mission is loaded.

Attached Files zip.gif simffb_jib_32.zip (14.7 KB, 13 views) zip.gif simffb_jib_64.zip (14.7 KB, 31 views)

Edited by PeterP

• 2 weeks later...

Well FFB works and quite well!!!! Im a littel bummed there is no weapon firing shake yet but I'm sure it will be there eventually. You can definietly feel the stall coming. But man I always feel like Im about to stall in this Sim. Am I doing something wrong.

Onemore thing Im a bit dissappointed with is you dont ever really feel the control surfaces "stiffen up" from gaining speed.

A soon to be 940 owner. Post your real/sim FFB youtube's guys! let's see it!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well FFB works and quite well!!!! Im a littel bummed there is no weapon firing shake yet but I'm sure it will be there eventually. You can definietly feel the stall coming. But man I always feel like Im about to stall in this Sim. Am I doing something wrong.

Onemore thing Im a bit dissappointed with is you dont ever really feel the control surfaces "stiffen up" from gaining speed.

You don't? Mine is quite slack at slow speed and much stiffer at normal speeds.

Nate

• ED Team

They stiffen as they must even when the empennage is washed by the slipstream. As you gain IAS they stiffen more.

I am not sure the stick must shake when firing. The airframe gets recoil itself so you need no unwanted control inputs when you firing. :) I agree it's a fun but very far from the real things.

And anyway - the mechanics of FFB devices do not like this kind of excersizes...

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I agree with Yo-Yo. I've been an FFB user for a few years. I was sold on it from a description of how the stick responds to bouncing over tufts of grass in Rise of Flight. That's neat. But the rest is not. The stick is not the place to turn to for non-visual cues. I like the stall warning but that, and other vibrating events, would be much better implemented through the seat rather than the stick. Having said that, version 1.2 handles FFB very nicely, IMO.

smile.gif I agree it's a fun but very far from the real things.

And anyway - the mechanics of FFB devices do not like this kind of excersizes...

thumbup.gif

Here is a example why you don't want Gun-shaking at your stick:

helpsmilie.gifFine-tune FFB gun effect for the Su-25Tmusic_whistling.gif

IMHO- best device to feel gun-effects and many more :

A ButtKicker

@Michaelski

Do you use a G940?

Please check your centering spring settings in the logitech FFB GUI. There must be something wrong. I cant tell any more details - as I use MS_S_FFB_2

Edited by PeterP