RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

this will be interesting to see how this plane transitions from hover to forward flight. My brother in law is a marine harrier pilot and he will be interested to see this plane in action as well.

I asked the same question a few pages back , no reply .

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the same question a few pages back , no reply .

Hi..there are no replies since we are not attacking the subject yet, once we get into this, and i mean deep into this development we´ll be able to give some answers..

I'm still a little surprised (but also very happy) that the Harrier will be amongst the first of your DCSW aircraft. The reason I say that is I assume the Harrier would have one of the most complex flight models given the whole VTOL aspect, therefore one of the most difficult aircrafts to model within DCSW with a highly accurate flight model?

Latest pics look really good!

1st of all, thanks for the comments, regarding the aircraft of choice, well, our first product will pretty much be a T-2 Buckeye (so far), we decided to move in with the Harrier since it´s (currently) one of our most complex and detailed model.Regarding the complexity, we love the challenges, in fact, it´s pretty much difficult to explain how challenging it was to create VTOL in a sim where there is no vectorial thrust (FSX) and most (if not all) Harrier developments (wont mention names) regard to a trick involving "superflaps" and some more clever coding (kudos to the creator, a very clever way to approach the subject, IMHO), we went another direction entirely and replicated "real"(if it can be called that way) vector thrust within the limitations of the sim.We still have to deal with DCS´s engine, and we have absolutely NO DOUBT it will be a huge challenge, but one way or the other, i really hope (but in reality have no doubt) that we´ll tame the beast.

Best regards

Prowler

Thank you for taking on this challenge of this aircraft.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• ED Team

Nice Prowler !

How long before work in DCS starts? is it a case of finishing the FSX project first before switching to DCS?

I keep saying it, but I am really looking forward to flying this :) it will be a great addition to world :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just to clarify my view .. I love the idea of the Harrier in DCS, but have absolutely zilch interest in Harrier in FSX.

Why? Because FSX is utterly dead to me. Sorry, just can't stand FSX. It's so ... how to say it ... cartoonish? :(

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Then why is this thread posted in DCS World folder. Can some moderator move this to the Other simulators folder?

(HJ)

yes, its nice to see RAZBAMs lovely harrier but this is still FSX,

would be brilliant to see first pics of this model integrated into the DCS world !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Cool. Looking forward to seeing it in DCS :o). Cheers!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Then why is this thread posted in DCS World folder. Can some moderator move this to the Other simulators folder?

(HJ)

because this gives us an idea of what to expect for the future, its better than nothing and be fair.... it looks great even in fsx.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Another pic. sure it´s FSX; but we want to give you an idea of how complex and accurate we are aiming with this project

lightingsysteminwork.jpg

And these are direct from 3ds, not renders:

screen_DEV18_harrier1.jpg

screen_DEV19_harrier1.jpg

we got a release (not public yet) date for the FSX version, which means work into converting it into something inside DCS World universe will begin.

Best regards

Prowler

• ED Team

Really pleased you are aiming for a high standard, FSX stuff looks great, I bet the DCS model will look and perform even better :)

Keep up the good work

You will have a sale for the harrier with me when the time comes :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

we got a release (not public yet) date for the FSX version, which means work into converting it into something inside DCS World universe will begin.

It looks amazing, when is the fsx version due? il be wanting both ;) quick question though, will the dcs version be just the aircraft or will it come with custom missions and what not?

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]