DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

Do trees on NTTR really block LOS efficiently for AI? I thought only the trunks have a collision model, which wouldn't do much about LOS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Im on helicopters and fixed wing. AB212, Caravan, KingAir...

But we also have real Gazelle pilots in the team and Pat, Olli and Sven are working every day very hard on the module. You helo-guys will be blown away ;)

:D So looking forward to flying this Helicopter!

Not much tree in nevada tho - and in Caucasus tree will likely still remain transparent to AI since they won't get a collision model.

It's gonna be tought battle for Gazelle pilot. :noexpression: .

I thought they were updating the original map? Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, missions will need to be carefully crafted and planned according to aircraft capability, and this will strengthen the opportunities to work in coordination with other type of FW/RW. Just like IRL, you won't send Gazelles for SEAD for sure. With 4,5km range, it will be OK to use HOT against tanks although it's true you'll be pretty much in range of the tanks too. Time to play with the gazelle's agility, hiding capability behind buildings (or trees for NTTR map), and pop up maneuvers. ATGMs are usually not too hard to dodge for agile helicopters.

Since BS, choppers had always been pretty vulnerable on the battlefield and we DCS chopper pilots had to adapt and develop tactics rather than comfortably sitting at 10000 meters, happily watching our laser guided bomb blasting entire convoys on a screen. This is why choppers are so exciting to fly (IMHO)

Guess you're going to have to build another pit by the sounds of it CRC. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Any news or update. How is testing going?

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

:thumbup:

Hi gents,

At the moment, moving map, Pilot gun sight and more things are beeing coded, it's a long way and I thank you a

ll for your support. The 3D pilots are on the way too, pics as soon as possible.

hi i can't wait when it comes out...can you tell me when it will be ready for down!oad ? and i read somewhere that it will be free to ?

if it's not free than i will sertenly buy it.:thumbup:

hi i can't wait when it comes out...can you tell me when it will be ready for down!oad ?

Polychop may have their own answer to this, but with ED, the answer is usually "When it's ready " ;)

and i read somewhere that it will be free to ?

I think it was originally supposed to be a free mod (or was that the Bo 105, or both?), but the project went commercial, so AFAIK it will not be free. The price is anyone's guess. Mine would be that it'll fall within the price range of other DCS modules.

I believe I previously read that since becoming official third party partners the price will be set by eagle dynamics not polychop simulations.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Then brace for impact!

(Yes, literally. Brace for impact! :D )

He really must brace for impact.

Brace for a lot of impact.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by Pat01 View Post

Hi gents,

At the moment, moving map, Pilot gun sight and more things are beeing coded, it's a long way and I thank you a

ll for your support. The 3D pilots are on the way too, pics as soon as possible.

hi i can't wait when it comes out...can you tell me when it will be ready for down!oad ? and i read somewhere that it will be free to ?

it was mentioned that there will be no moving map.. that post by pat01 is outdated..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

• 2 weeks later...

We are happy that you are too busy to answer our questions or keep us updated.

Very happy

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.