DCS SA342 Gazelle Project

Pat01

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit, I ran out of nails to bite on, any suggestions?

The waiting stuff is harder start biting fingers that is the only solution :p

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

God the tension... must ...think ...strait :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Strait.... is that a hint for Strait of Hormuz?

Actually I'm already far behind learning all current modules. I own each and every one, but this year will give me a helluva pain... I really love to fly helicopters, Huey so far is my favorite.

With ED announcing F/A-18C, possibly Carrier Ops plus a new Map (Strait of Hormuz), this will require a lot of time to learn and get moderately proficient.

Now, with Hawk maturing, a bunch of cool WW II planes in the making, Mirage getting out of beta likely this year and jets like F-14, F-5E and Typhoon may coming also 'til end of 2016... Not even thinking about the BO-105, may be the Stuka...

Oh, man, I have a demanding day job, plus translating, sometimes looking into mission building, and then a wife on top!

We need more public holidays or slow the earth rotation to gain some additional hours. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

@shagrat

well I know what you say there and yes even for us as developers it is hard sometimes.

Developing, testing, day job, wives or girlfriends and some of us even have kids, plus new planes to learn if there is time for it.

Bonus of development is, that you learn to fly the plane you develop fast, as you have to test it often.

Promised though is, she is a joy to fly and i try to take her out on a short ride 2 - 4 times a week for 30 minutes, so I keep my balancing of training as it is hard to fly her without training as I had to learn the hard way. For sure, after you have as a pilot a few hours on her and get used to her more and more, ka50 and uh1 are real easy to fly, which is in my opinion a pro fact for the nimble helos.

Ok this was more side info, now I need to get back to work as we have a plan ;-)

• Like 1

... makes it a great training heli as well!

weeeeeell... better you train on something else to be prepared for this pure awesomeness :D

That icon could be prettier.

... it's not the final version, so as always, everything is subject to change ;)

• Like 1

I am not sure about release today, i mean it would be a nice and surprising way to do but so far all the releases we have had (that i know of) have been with atleast a couple of weeks pre purchase (i think the F86 Sabre was 5 days pre purchase).

But i would support a release today and will have my credit card ready just in case :)

I am not sure about release today, i mean it would be a nice and surprising way to do but so far all the releases we have had (that i know of) have been with atleast a couple of weeks pre purchase (i think the F86 Sabre was 5 days pre purchase).

But i would support a release today and will have my credit card ready just in case :)

Mate, it doesn't matter. I buy every mod no matter what stage it is in. Support the industry, which is decreasing.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I agree. There is usually a pre-purchase period. However, since this is their first product, they may think that its better its better to surprise with a top quality product. People would then automatically pre-purchase every other mod in the future.

I believe we are, at worse, a couple of weeks away from release.