Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I hope the 10X increase from Titan X translates to gaming performance as well. And hey, why stop there, you can drop $15K USD and get Digits DevBox with four builtin Pascal cards! :)

But if the game performance - especially for VR FPS - is better, I'll sell my titan X and grab the Pascal unit. I usually recycle my video cards at steep discount so it shouldn't be a problem upgrading. Everything is lining up for 2016! VR, better DCS, better Nvidia...can't wait!!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whose going for a GP100 (Nvidia titan Y) when it drops in april?

you have a link? :smilewink:

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

whose going for a GP100 (Nvidia titan Y) when it drops in april?

Probably, I have a Rift coming in March, but still waiting to upgrade my 580GTX. I was waiting for the next generation Pascal or AMD gpu, and buy whichever one is better for DCS and VR. The Titans are very expensive so I usually by a GTX, but the GTX model of the Pascal family won't be out for months, so if I want to use my Rift as soon as possible, I will probably have to buy the very expensive Pascal Titan. I have no interest in buying the 980ti GTX. Hopefully AMD pulls are rabbit out of the hat soon, but I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.:noexpression:

edit....I could buy the EVGA 980ti with their upgrade program....BUT you have to time it right...as the upgrade program only lasts for three months.

Edited by Chivas

Any estimates on how much GP100 will cost?

I'd like to get one but if it's more expensive than CV1 then it will have to wait.

I'm also waiting for new AMD or Intel cpu's.

i7's have been around for 7 years now and I refuse to build a new PC with outdated tech.

Devs REALLY need to get cracking on SLI support for the edge engine now. With OR on the horizon SLI support is absolutely necessary now.

SLi wont help you, as it is CPU force the Rift needs...

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

Any estimates on how much GP100 will cost?

I'd like to get one but if it's more expensive than CV1 then it will have to wait.

I'm also waiting for new AMD or Intel cpu's.

i7's have been around for 7 years now and I refuse to build a new PC with outdated tech.

The Pascal Titan would probably be around twice the price of a Rift. Very expensive.:noexpression:

No - you have to manually adjust your eyepoint position. There's a guide around here somewhere, and I asked this specific question some time ago, to which I received a meaningful reply linking the guide - my reply isn't as helpful.

However, I do remember (FTMP) how to do it. First you hit R-Shift and R-CTRL PLUS your KP Arrow keys, 2,4,6,8 to go down, left, right, up, respectively. RSHFT+RCTRL+ KP (-) and KP (*) move you out and in IIRC. THEN, MOST IMPORTANTLY, you MUST hit RALT+ KP (0) to get it to save your eyepoint position.

Sometimes you have to go out and then come back into the cockpit to activate it...at least I have experienced this on occasion. It also remembers your eyepoint by plane when you save it correctly.

GL! :pilotfly:

That sounds like a lot of hassle! Luckily, ED just said they're improving the VR interface in DCS, which probably means it'll be easier to setup and use in DCS. :)

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

That sounds like a lot of hassle! Luckily, ED just said they're improving the VR interface in DCS, which probably means it'll be easier to setup and use in DCS. :)

Where is this? I need to catch up on my news, and if you have a link for ED comments, I'd appreciate it.

The VR interface isn't the best, such is life. Adjusting the cockpit eyepoint isn't a hassle, and it's set and forget once you have it to your liking. I just turn off the Oculus when I want to use the mission planner and put it back on when I am planning to fly. It's not too bad...though the MP screen needs some attention :joystick:

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Where is this? I need to catch up on my news, and if you have a link for ED comments, I'd appreciate it.

http://fudzilla.com/news/graphics/39834-nvidia-pascal-rumoured-for-april

https://semiaccurate.com/2016/02/01/news-of-nvidias-pascal-tapeout-and-silicon-is-important/

as the previous titan cards, its probably going to be 1000$.

i definitely will buy one.

i dont think i can wait until 2017 for a GTX 1080Ti.

i can get a 980Ti right now in the 650$ range as a place holder, but once 1080Ti arrives, i basically will be throwing away 650$ if im going to buy a 1080Ti. Rather just spend 1000$ for the 2016 Titan, and not have throw away 650$, but only loose 350$ as an early adopter for the 2016 Titan should the 2016 Titan be comparable to the 1080Ti. (because in late 2017, a new archecture ~volta will be out)

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

The VR interface isn't the best, such is life. Adjusting the cockpit eyepoint isn't a hassle, and it's set and forget once you have it to your liking. I just turn off the Oculus when I want to use the mission planner and put it back on when I am planning to fly. It's not too bad...though the MP screen needs some attention :joystick:

brother.. you need to make some youtube videos of you playing with your elaborate setup!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

https://semiaccurate.com/2016/02/01/news-of-nvidias-pascal-tapeout-and-silicon-is-important/

It may not be as soon as people are hoping.

75 FPS is capped. However, it's the ability to run at 75 FPS AT ALL TIMES is what you want. More GPU+CPU = The more you stay at 75 FPS. The new Oculus is expected to run at 90 and I'd suppose VR titles will run at that speed if the hardware can push it. Judder/blinking is when you can't get 75.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

what is locked at 75 FPS? my card runs DCSW well over 75

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Yeah I'm getting between 90-120FPS running surround (5760x1080), but i'd suspect the Rift is a different kettle of fish when it comes to pushing large resolutions...

I7 4790 3.7ghz// 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS// MSI GTX 980ti OC// EVGA G2 750w// Deepcool Gammax 400// Corsair Quiet Fans// Saitek x55 HOTAS// Saitek combat pro pedals// TrackIR 5// ButtKicker Gamer// 27.5" Surround LED/LCD

This is a Rift thread, after all. Recently, DCS raised the FPS to 90 (95?) for Rift. Currently, you can't get past 75FPS in Rift. At least i don't recall going above it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

This thread is about using the Oculus. What kind of frame rates people are getting without it is a separate matter. I get 500+ when not using it. It doesn't go past 75 when it is on as a function of the way it all works.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

It may not be as soon as people are hoping.

75 FPS is capped. However, it's the ability to run at 75 FPS AT ALL TIMES is what you want. More GPU+CPU = The more you stay at 75 FPS. The new Oculus is expected to run at 90 and I'd suppose VR titles will run at that speed if the hardware can push it. Judder/blinking is when you can't get 75.

I don't think this effects the Titain GP100, does it? I heard this should be out around April, but the price point :helpsmilie:

We have no idea what the C1 version will do in DCSW but I am confident that my rig will get more that 90 FPS when I get my C1, that was my point.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

@Rocky- Do you get a constant 75FPS in the Nevada map using DK2? I'm not just talking about free flight either. I really struggle with a Geforce 970 on the Nevade map and my Geforce 970 is overclocked to a stock Geforce 980.

Edit - I also have an I7 6700k Overclocked to 4,6Ghz & 16 GB of Corsaur Vengeance DDR4.

I'm intrested to know why you think you will get 90 FPS when I can't? Do you think it's down to the Graphics card?

Edited by joebloggs

I think that a lot of optimization will take place inside DCSW for the rift plus there is not sense in comparing DK2 with the C1

If one uses an Oculus DK2 you can never exceed 75fps. The CV1 is expected to run at 90hz so 90 FPS will be the max. If you're running oceans of supercomputers you will get 90 FPS. That's it.

Comparing frame rates with and without the use of the Oculus is not possible in any meaningful sense.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare