Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

I may be a little late, entering in on this conversation...

I too, wear glasses when I read. Now that I'm 50, I wear glasses when I drive. I purchased the DK2 2-years ago. It came with a pair of "A" lenses (for normal sighted people), and "B" type lenses (for those less fortunate). To this day, I wear no glasses while 'strapped into the rift', and the "A" lenses work perfectly!

I just pre-purchased the (consumer's edition) of Oculus due in about March - May of 2016.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They threw the Xbone in at the last minute after postponing the controllers and jacking up the price. I'm just calling it like it is.

Last minute? Haha :)

Xbone controller bundle was announced last summer (June) at the same time that the Touch controllers were announced. That's not "last minute".

I understand that completely I would use the camera maybe to grab a drink something along those lines I'm gonna stick with the Rift I just wanted thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who needs cups, lol

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bell-Hydration-Pack-1.5-Liter/34038257

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Last minute? Haha :)

Xbone controller bundle was announced last summer (June) at the same time that the Touch controllers were announced. That's not "last minute".

They threw the Xbone in at the last minute after postponing the controllers and jacking up the price. I'm just calling it like it is.

Yup, Bundle was announced a while ago, as MS is going to support Rift As Well on XBO.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Last minute??? The vast majority of VR content has been made for Xbox type controllers for the last few years. Your obvious dislike of anything Oculus has clouded your perception of reality.

Don't feed the troll. Icarus has said he's not buying a rift yet continues to post in this thread to knock it every chance he gets.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

How can anyone call themselves a member of the pc master race :D and say that a non-tracked, puny console controller is the best thing Oculus (and Facebook wallet) can bring us in 2016 :joystick: ?

At least valve is trying to come up with something new with their steam gamepad, oculus is simply being lazy.

The only way they can redeem themselves to me, is to squeeze Microsoft to release new and much improved Sidewinder Force Feedback 3!:P

Yup, Bundle was announced a while ago, as MS is going to support Rift As Well on XBO.

Not directly! To clarify the xbo will be able to stream games to the PC which can then be played in the rift on a virtual big screen but not in full VR.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Don't feed the troll. Icarus has said he's not buying a rift yet continues to post in this thread to knock it every chance he gets.

Yes its been patently obvious for years, but some people actually believe his constant misinformation. I don't have a problem with him preferring the Vive as its a very good HMD, but he usually has to throw in some misinformation about the Rift to support his Vive argument.

Gamers would snatch those up in a heartbeat if they kept Mt. Dew cold. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not directly! To clarify the xbo will be able to stream games to the PC which can then be played in the rift on a virtual big screen but not in full VR.

Correct, VIA the Windoss 10 Xbox App.

Gamers would snatch those up in a heartbeat if they kept Mt. Dew cold. :P

Mine keeps cold cold for at least 5 hours, also keeps your back cool.

The A-10C is my favorite, but I am worried about the resolution and inability to read displays adequately

It is my experience that most dials and switches in the cockpit are rendered with sufficient detail to be readable and usable. The navigational MFDs "can" be harder to read small text on so that is the weakest point in the VR cockpit ... IMO.

For these reasons I found the Mi-8 to be the most VR ready cockpit. All the dials and switches I can be read and you can fly all non-combat missions without any problems and "many" combat missions can be flown too.

It is a shame that the Kneeboard does not work in VR. We really NEED the kneeboard for VR.

Yes its been patently obvious for years, but some people actually believe his constant misinformation. I don't have a problem with him preferring the Vive as its a very good HMD, but he usually has to throw in some misinformation about the Rift to support his Vive argument.

Hilarious.

Your Oculus love spamming the Vive thread with misinformation has been constant.

• Like 1

Slip the surly bonds of Earth

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Core i7 2600k@4.5||Z77 Extreme 6||16GB RAM

WIN 10||HTC Vive ||G940||1080Ti

The Oculus Rift is the best choice for a Single Seat Simulator in 2016. I think I will Order the Vive to,but only for Holodeck Games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Apple's innovation, as usual ... right ? ^^

HW : 4790K @4.6 / GTX 1080ti 11GB / 16 GB / Asus ROG Formula VI / Acer Predator 32" 4K Gsync / X-55 Rhino / Oculus Rift-S / TrackIR

• Combined Arms/Supercarrier/Nevada TTR/Persian Gulf/Normandy
  • F-16C/FA-18C/AV-8B Harrier/F5-TigerII/SA342-Gazelle/M2000-C/L-39 Albatros/C-101/MiG-21/F-86F Sabre/Mi-8MTV2/UH-1H Huey/A-10C Warthog/Black Shark 2/Flaming Cliff 3/Hawk T1A(RIP)
  • WWII : Spitfire/Bf-109 Kurfurst/Fw-190 Dora/P-51D Mustang

Apple's virtual reality plans revealed: Firm hires industry expert in bid to take on Oculus and Google

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3412811/Apple-s-virtual-reality-plans-revealed-Firm-hires-industry-expert-bid-Oculus.html

for once they are really late to the party, unless they can bring something out quickly and really cheap. they shouldn't bother

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

for once they are really late to the party, unless they can bring something out quickly and really cheap. they shouldn't bother

For once....

They are constantly copying and refining old technology and seemingly manage to make everyone believe that they invented it! :noexpression:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I wouldn't be so sure.

Both OR and Vive have limited resolution screens; certainly nowhere near a "retina display" level, and that's what the goal should really be. If Apple can develop a higher quality display then they've differentiated themselves from the competition.

If Apple can develop a higher quality display...

Just FYI: Apple devices (and the rest of the industry) use panels from manufacturers like LG, Sharp, Samsung, JDI and AUO, so they will only work with what these companies have to offer. Apple is not making and never made any displays.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Yeah great, Apple VR, half as good and oh needs a special cable and only Apple programs work with it, bound to sell well with the technology challenged, more dollars than sense masses.

/drunk sarcastic mode off.. Well sarcastic mode off anyway.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Yeah great, Apple VR, half as good and oh needs a special cable and only Apple programs work with it, bound to sell well with the technology challenged, more dollars than sense masses.

/drunk sarcastic mode off.. Well sarcastic mode off anyway.....

Don't forget the shiny metal case that doubles the price, and an OS that only art students can view as intuitive....:doh:

My *new* AV-8B sim-pit build thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3901589

The old Spitfire sim-pit build thread circa '16/17:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143452

Just FYI: Apple devices (and the rest of the industry) use panels from manufacturers like LG, Sharp, Samsung, JDI and AUO, so they will only work with what these companies have to offer. Apple is not making and never made any displays.

Ok I should have said "develop a product using a higher quality display" then.