Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

Thanks for the video..., it's a rarity in terms of ACM dogfights of the F-15!

I also have a video with a Flanker, the only video so far giving me a look at a 360 degree turn, which was a STR not an ITR (full aft stick turn), so it took 19 seconds for it to complete between 2:05 and 2:24:

I'd really like to ask GGTharos why does the Flanker and Su-33 in our game lower flaps automatically and with no authority to control them (except for a small ammount in the Su-33), if in real life this never happens? Are all the videos on youtube or any real footage too old to show that they've implemented something new into the control systems of the Flanker and make it lower the flaps automatically to a given amount dependent on alpha and airspeed if you pull the stick? And how realistic is it having no control over the flaps in the sim, if they don't even lower in reality?

Thanks in advance,

Maverick!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the FC3 campaign only F-15s?

"The art of simulation design is about understanding limited fidelity...

...compromises must be made. Designers have to consider cost vs. fidelity and processor time vs. fidelity. Additional trade-offs must be made between graphics, AI, flight models, number of units and more...

...never ask the pilot what he wants to learn because he too will end up building an airplane. Instead, ask the pilot what he needs to learn."

-Gilman "Chopstick" Louie

I really want to buy but ED ought to look into putting up digital copy of Lock On. Or is that never going to happen?

You can't provide what you don't own.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

The fly by wire system does operate the flaperons automatically in RL.

Ok, thank you very much Tharos..., but i still doubt about how realistic is the drag created by the flaperons when they are deployed..., cause from my opinion the airspeed at which the Su-27 settles (350km/h) is a bit high and should be well below 300km/h if fully lowered, or that's just my guess!

Thanks again!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

I don't know the details of the FBW, but it is supposed to optimize the CL/CD ratio; I don't know the optimization schedule though, nor where to find it.

Ok, thank you very much Tharos..., but i still doubt about how realistic is the drag created by the flaperons when they are deployed..., cause from my opinion the airspeed at which the Su-27 settles (350km/h) is a bit high and should be well below 300km/h if fully lowered, or that's just my guess!

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

ED, you have stated that FC3 is likely to be the final add-on in the series. That makes me worried that important aircraft like the MiG-29S will not receive model updates on par with the F-15C.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how these aircraft will be released with updated models if not in another add-on?

The problem is, the amount of work required for these improvements is substantial, so releasing such work through a free update/patch would not be in place, but if they do not follow up with anither purchasable add-on, then I cannot see these aircraft ever being updated except as fidelity products bearing the DCS standard, which is also unlikely.

Just some worrysome thoughts.

Lost

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Just some worrysome thoughts.

Lost

You mean thought? :)

Exterior models have been confirmed to be replaced/upgraded in due course, as has happened with the Mig-31, A-10A and so on and so on. It will happen, just not all at once.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ah ok. What about interior models?

Would not bet on it - they look pretty good as is.

Now if I were a 3rd-party modeller with a wee bit of talent then I'll be all over that like White on Rice.........There's a helluva lot of money to be made there. I'd happily fork out a tenner for a F-15- like cockpit for all the Russian birds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now if I were a 3rd-party modeller with a wee bit of talent then I'll be all over that like White on Rice.........There's a helluva lot of money to be made there. I'd happily fork out a tenner for a F-15- like cockpit for all the Russian birds.

Is that something that is possible to do technically? To have a clickable 6dof pit for FC3 aircraft?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Is that something that is possible to do technically? To have a clickable 6dof pit for FC3 aircraft?

Yes - just look at the F15 pit. Does not have to be clickable though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would not bet on it - they look pretty good as is.

Ok. I have no knowledge or experience. Where do I start?

Shouting on all capable Third Parties to pull finger would be a good start :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree Viper. I don't know why the third parties aren't jumping on this opportunity. Almost every single FC sale will equal to the cockpit package sale. A tremendous opportunity.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Same here Rusty. I do however use pro/engineer on a daily basis for modeling and design, but where to get information to construct these cockpits is hurdle number one to me. Then importing into 3ds max for texturing and animation is yet another hurdle.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals