DCS World 1.2.1, Now Available

Wags

Mouse pointer still blinking (but only when you move it)

Still getting the annoying "DCS has stopped working" everytime I quit a mission >.<

Anyone experiencing this issue using Win8??

I have Win7 and I do not have that issue. Have you tried running it in Win7 compatibility mode? I imagine Win8 would have that...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does "scenes" actually refer to please ? I might lower it from high to medium to gain some FPS back .

Amount and draw distance / visibility of houses, structures etc in villages and cities

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

I had a huge Fr/PS Hit using EDs Stock 3 Screen Setup (I guess it auto detected them). The Stock 3Screen does has 3 separate viewports for each screen, and when I zoom out in the pit it makes it look like my wings are in front of me, so I re-typed my Eyefinity LUA I had for 1.2.0, but had to adjust GUI parameters.

Restored my Eyefinity LUA and switched to that and got about 80% of my FrameRate back. If I killed MSAA completely maybe get the rest back, But I ran 2x MSAA in 1.2.0 no problem.

But I noticed flying below 1000Ft was a bit clunky, with or without TGP/MAV on, climbing to about Angels 3 or 4 allowed smoother frame rate. But the Down Low Stutter is evident, ED may have added clutter to make the terrain look better for low flying KA-50s. The View distance in the stock LUA Files also doubled at some detail levels, so what used to be HIGH settings are now MED, and HIGH is now higher. What used to be MED is now LOW, etc etc. Havent tested the new water.

Seems they changed a few things in the renderer. As with 1.2.0, If I ALT+TAB and come back, the Scene is restored almost immediately and you watch as it restores the textures in the cockpit (similar to FSX). In 1.2.1 if I Alt TAB and come back, Im sitting at a black screen for about 30-60 Seconds, then it comes back up, and takes a second to get back up to a decent frame rate. At mission start, if I ALT Tab and come back, I still have to wait for the renderer to restore itself, but the GUI comes back scrambled and it must refresh itself which took about another 5 seconds.

This is a pain for ALT Tabbing for manuals. Or in my Case, with 1.2.1 the problem with starting a mission, and the Mouse not working (cant click any buttons on the mission start pause screen or buttons in pit.) you have to ALT Tab out and back again. This was partial as I switched to my Eyefinity LUA and it fixed it for about 10 mission starts, then went back to losing the mouse. It doesn’t do it with loading an SU-25 Mission though.

But I’m still not getting the 100% smoothness I got in 1.2.0, but 1.2.1 is still a lil above 1.1.1.1 (A-10C Standalone) for me, which had horrible FrameRate in Pit on ground for me.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

When I disabled the headtracker.dll I no longer got the DCS has stopped working message, and the mouse pointer doesn't blink accept to change from yellow cross pointer to green select pointer.

Turn headtracker.dll back on and those behaviors reappear, but much rather have the tracking.

Mouse pointer still blinking (but only when you move it)

Still getting the annoying "DCS has stopped working" everytime I quit a mission >.<

Anyone experiencing this issue using Win8??

When I disabled the headtracker.dll I no longer got the DCS has stopped working message, and the mouse pointer doesn't blink accept to change from yellow cross pointer to green select pointer.

Turn headtracker.dll back on and those behaviors reappear, but much rather have the tracking.

Yep, that was the fix to "dcs has stopped working" in 1.2.0. But I'm still getting that message in the newest patch even though I'm not using the headtracker.dll. So I'm guessing 1.2.1 just doesn't get along with windows 8 yet :(

Yep, that was the fix to "dcs has stopped working" in 1.2.0. But I'm still getting that message in the newest patch even though I'm not using the headtracker.dll. So I'm guessing 1.2.1 just doesn't get along with windows 8 yet :(

I have to move the DLLs out of 1.2.0's folders to get that error to stop.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I have to move the DLLs out of 1.2.0's folders to get that error to stop.

Yep, done that and still get the error in 1.2.1:6099

"dcs has stopped working" and .... dcs.log + *.crash files bitte.

Sorry c0ff, I was browsing the forums on my phone and that's why I didn't see your preview post.

Here's my crash logs:

DCS has stopped working.txt

LordLobs crashlogs.zip

Yep, done that and still get the error in 1.2.1:6099

Sorry c0ff, I was browsing the forums on my phone and that's why I didn't see your preview post.

Here's my crash logs:

looks like an illegal LUA parameter caused the GUI DLL to Crash.

is it a patch or complete new install? if i have to complete install whole 5gig, you gotta be kidding!

i downloaded v1 within 1week, then a few days later new version became available and i waited for a while then i decided to download it (1.2.0) , it finally finsihed and now i am seeing this topic. so looks like i have to wait for it 3rd a new week lol!

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

is it a patch or complete new install? if i have to complete install whole 5gig, you gotta be kidding!

i downloaded v1 within 1week, then a few days later new version became available and i waited for a while then i decided to download it (1.2.0) , it finally finsihed and now i am seeing this topic. so looks like i have to wait for it 3rd a new week lol!

The versions released lately are patches using the autoupdater, which means their download size is rather small. You need to be on any version of 1.2.1 to have the autoupdater, though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hi,

I have downloaded DCSW at torrents and now that it says this is 100.0% complete, but if I look the general information it says that is in "Wasted: 16.7 MB (2 hashfails)"....

Should I worry about it??? how can I know if I have lost some important file??

The total folder size is 5.03GB.

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Hi,

I have downloaded DCSW at torrents and now that it says this is 100.0% complete, but if I look the general information it says that is in "Wasted: 16.7 MB (2 hashfails)"....

Should I worry about it??? how can I know if I have lost some important file??

The total folder size is 5.03GB.

That's ok - it is saying that is the amount it had to throw away and re-download.

Nate

Guys,

A positive report:

I followed the install instructions to the "T" except I uninstalled & deleted Saved game folders before deactivating. I had to use one activation, but I have 4 left (fingers crossed that is the last time). Anyways, all I can say is WOW, great FPS for me average of 45-60 fps with everything maxed except for bushes/clutter. 8x AA, HDR Normal, TSAA on, Vsync on, full screen unchecked. I was recording and only dropped below 30 fps once.

Some cool things I noticed:

AAA and small arms fire is more pronouced, kind of freaked me out coming from my six and came into view from right side of cockpit.

GAU-8 bullet ground strikes look nice!

Issues:

Cockpit mouse flashy thing, I got over it quick though!

Mav contrail, blue in color.

----------

Hope this gives some of you guys hope, the new update feature once tweaked is going to rock!

Edited by Ranger79

Just downloaded the four files, placed them into one folder. When I ran set up it got so far and then asked me for disk 2 ? I was unable to continue setup!:cry:

Which 4 files?

Open the folder they are in, take a screenshot of the contents and post it if you please.

Also, did you verify the MD5 checksums of each file after downloading?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'