FC3 Bug thread

Not sure if this FC3 or DCS bug. It has been mentioned before but I don't see it in the list.

A feint Black line is visible on both sides of the aircraft at the Left 7 and right 5 O'clock positions. It is only visible when fully zoomed out. It will disappear as you slowly zoom in.

FC3Linebug.jpg

Also a question: Shouldn't the weapon quantity and maybe the interval selector work for rockets as for bombs? I might recal some pictures or videos that an Su-25 fired from 4 blocks at the same time. (couldn't find it though)

this actually works

I tested this just now in Su-25A and find the quantity switch does work for bombs but does not work for rockets, now I don't know if this was intended change from FC2 where this worked for rockets also or is this a bug?

Viper... maybe add this to the bug list?

steps I did to test:

1. start in Su-25A on parking

2. load 6x B-8 rocket pods

3. take off and flip the QUANTITY switch to 4x and fire rockets... it was firing rockets only from 2x pods but should be 4x

4. start new mission again with Su-25A on parking

5. load 8x FAB-250 bombs

6. take off and flip the QUATITY switch to 4x and dropped bombs... it dropped 4x bombs as intended

7. flipped the QUANTITY switch to 1x and dropped bombs, this time it dropped 1x bomb as intended

8. flipped the QUANITY switch to 2x and dropped bombs, this time is dropped 2x bombs as intended

Conclusion for bug report:

In Su-25A and Su-25T QUANTITY switch works for bombs but does not work for ROCKET pods

I will test Su-25T now.. EDIT: same with Su-25T

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

I found that the tail automatic cannon from the Tu-22M3 and tu-95/142 doesn't work... it shoots to nowhere. I back to FC2 to check and it works, jump again to FC3 and nothing.

I let the track attached, you can try in fc3 and fc2 to compare. Also the mission so you can try differents tactics

tu22 defence.trk

tu-22 deffence.miz

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

Here's a screenshot of Bulgarian MiG-29A to point out few (smaller) bugs in FC3 MiG-29A - second image is of what we have in FC3

1. The HUD range in gun mode is 1Km - in FC3 it's 5km

2. The range scale on left side has values on every notch - in FC3 its only on top

3. There is MAX and MIN range notch when using gun same as for missiles, this is missing in FC3, also to be nitpick the arrow showing current range has small line :D

329255598_MiG-29AHUD.jpg.a52d38607ccecb7cdbaa497eeada6e15.jpg

Screen_121124_224200.jpg.1f0c93deab60163b08f99d31f29ad784.jpg

Edited by Kuky

In armament screen in mission editor, should the MiG-29 be set to have 60 flares and 0 chaff? I ask because if you see image attached it shows the MiG-29 is equipped with 2x flare cartridge canister in root of the tail, each having 30 flares. If it has chaff also, where are they stored?

1095582238_MiG-29Flares.png.99f19bbb8a7e368c32a59c6e20fae0f9.png

Those holes can store 1 chaff or 1 flare. You can put 60 flare and 0 chaff 59 flares and 1 chaff 58 flares and 2 chaffs... etc. And mechanists can set up the sequence to how to deploy them (1-2-3-...-60 at once and they will always deploy from the top of the rack)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From what I can tell, the change in the cannon isn't so much a change in strength but dispersion. The rounds seem to have much more spread than before. Which in turn leads to less rounds on target.

I did not notice a cannon dispersion difference between FC2 and FC3 from the range that I was firing on a non maneuvering target at short range. One burst of 30mm cannon should obliterate a fighter airplane, hence the migs and the Su's carry a very small amount of ammo

Speed is life !!!

Well what I saw is that if you try to hit the body of the jet you need more ammo but if you try to hit the wings 2-3 hits will do the trick. In FC2 guns effectiveness was really heightened, two hits from 30mm cannon will take off both the wings of F-15 and set the engines on fire, that really seemed to much AFAIK.

In FC2 guns effectiveness was really heightened, two hits from 30mm cannon will take off both the wings of F-15 and set the engines on fire, that really seemed to much AFAIK.

I agree it was a bit much in FC2 but FC3 is weak for 20mm or 30mm damage. We need a medium.

On the other hand a 25mm bradley cannon can shred you to bits in DCSW. Great gunnery or very strong 25mm... have not figured it out.

Speed is life !!!

Has anyone been able to make the scan zone of the IRST slew up and down, it can slew left or right, but not up and down, as the FC2 trainings suggest.

Seems to be present an all russian craft with the IRST

14. The scan zone can be shifted 30 degrees to the right by pressing "RShift," or 30 degrees to the left by pressing "RShift/". The scan zone can be slewed in the vertical 50 degrees up and 15 degrees down by pressing "RShift ;" and "RShift .". To re-center the scan zone, press "RCtrl i".

I agree it was a bit much in FC2 but FC3 is weak for 20mm or 30mm damage. We need a medium.

On the other hand a 25mm bradley cannon can shred you to bits in DCSW. Great gunnery or very strong 25mm... have not figured it out.

Don't forget, You are comparing total different gun types. 25mm Bushmaster is 180 rpm, the 30mm Gh-301 is 1500 rpm while the M61 is 6000 rpm. So different total effectiveness should vary.

Of course we can talk about each hit effectiveness. IMO the M61 beats everything in A2A gunnery, but against fighter size targets, I don't think there would be so much difference between each hit as both is fatal. HEI rounds both in M61/GS-301, not much needed to crush a sophisticated target like a fighter. Againts ground targets, a whole different story.

As conclusion I'd prefer FC2 ways of damage: few hits and you are dead, at least in a fighter. If we want more, a detailed damage modelled would be required, DCS level.

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

Hi,

As the DCSW server: crashing - pull over from the runway - during the take-off (Mig-29S) is freezing the game (screen) on the server. In consequence an anti-aircraft defence of airports is ceasing acting (and other vehicles), players cannot change planes.

DCSW v. 1.2.2.7286.

System: Win8, i7, Geforce GTX 670.

Best,

qrdl

Boski Logos

As conclusion I'd prefer FC2 ways of damage: few hits and you are dead, at least in a fighter. If we want more, a detailed damage modelled would be required, DCS level.

Hi Lefty I was just making a point of a much less faster gun hitting flying targets way more effectively than guns designed to do so and yes I share the same sentiments about FC2 damage with few hits more effective.

I mean I watched some gun kill footage ex Mirage Vs Mig-21 and 1 burst sends the plane burning up like a torch.

Speed is life !!!

When I tell my wingman to RTB he gets stuck in a holding pattern in multiple missions. I played the instant action intercept F15c. Did the mission, told him to RTB, landed and left it running for an hour and he still is holding. Anyone ever had a wingman land after the mission?

Also, When I ask the tower permission to taxi, my wingman says rolling and starts moving before I get cleared. I waited for the tower, on the mission where you start in the hanger and got trapped by my wingman.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

When I tell my wingman to RTB he gets stuck in a holding pattern in multiple missions. I played the instant action intercept F15c. Did the mission, told him to RTB, landed and left it running for an hour and he still is holding. Anyone ever had a wingman land after the mission?

Also, When I ask the tower permission to taxi, my wingman says rolling and starts moving before I get cleared. I waited for the tower, on the mission where you start in the hanger and got trapped by my wingman.

I have the same issue with my wingman not being able to land. I've tried instant missions and premade missions and I get the same result. It looks like he is trying to land then aborts and retries. Other planes in the mission are able to land just fine so it seems isolated to the wingman. Example mission would be blockade with the Su-27.

1.2.2.7570 released:

Now as with all updates, what we planned on and what appears *might* not be one and the same, for various reasons, none which necessarily attribute intentional blameworthiness on anybody concerned.

With that in mind, herewith a list of resolved issues, keeping in mind that to the best of my reckoning, they have all been so resolved. If not, kindly draw my attention to ones noted as resolved but not so I can attend to investigate further and re-report if necessary:

Resolved

1 - F15 Gear up = black textures

2 - Mig29S external fuel tanks not displayed on fuel tape

4 - F15 Virtual head movement excessive

5 - Russian planes Cannot lock contact in TWS

6 - AK arrestor cables not animated

7 - SU33 loadout indicators reversed in cockpit

9 - F15 VSD text overlap when STT/Guns

10 - F15 external lights absent in flight

11 - Damage modelling to wheels/landing gear absent

14 - Engines/Afterburner on even though engines on fire.

15 - R27ER no loft trajectory

16 - Mig31 nosewheel not grounded

18 - EOS scanning not functional in elevation

21 - SU-27 native HUD "ИЗЛ" symbol overlaps over distance scale in BVR mode with Radar on

22 - F15 HUD indications overlapping

24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contact appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked

26 - SU33 Green HUD block at night effect

28 - F15 black cockpit pixelation when facing northerly direction (afternoon)

31 - Graphical glith (hash marks) in lower centre of SU27 HUD when zoomed out

32 - Graphical glith (hash marks) in lower centre of SU33 HUD when zoomed out

35 - Scripting for cobra not present

36 - AIM-120C/R-77 tracks target beyond gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C/R-77 locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target

38 - SU27 automated leading edge flaps on flanker are shown in pit instruments as regular flaps

40 - FC2/FC3 mission incompatibility

41 - F-15C CTD initiated by changing the weapons (CTD when the player lock in the NAV mode a target with the radar and change the weapons)

45 - F15 unable to adjust altimeter pressure setting at all.

52 - Helicopters are exhibiting stealth characteristics

64 - AIM9 drops away before accelerating at launch

61 - F15 no afterburner LED on right panel to indicate burner lit

62 - F15 flaps do not induce any drag

63 - F15 strange attitude/behaviour with crosswind landings

66 - Mig29 flaps not extending to full 25 degrees

67 - Mig 29 flap extension animation incorrect

69 - Mig29 Chaff and Flare loaded amount incorrect when rearming in game, via the radio (Alt + ' )

70 - Russian planes slip indicators and HSI offset from centre

72 - Multiplayer exhaust nozzle expansion not visible to other clients

74 - Water not visible in mirrors of FC3 aircraft

83 - SU27 Engines fully functional even when on fire

84 - SU33 Command IAS too low in LDG mode

85 - SU33 In-cockpit Weapons station indicator has 11 stations lit instead of 12

107 - SU27 Flaps retraction audio is played twice instead of once

108 - Wind does not affect chaff, flares and smoke markers

112 - SU25A/T takeoff flaps is shown as landing flaps on client aircraft

Rest is still unresolved and pending rectification. Will update list accordingly later.

Ta

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Here are some other bugs:

1- When setting F-15 non controlled on the ramps and making a startup afterwards by AI-switch - Start, there is indeed no pilot in the canopy as long as the switch is no activated, but amazingly there is also NO ejection seat in de cockpit. Do the pilots come with their own MK-10??? (I noticed this with the F-15, haven't performed the same tast with other planes yet)

2- Strange illumination of the pilot coming from the back of the seat, but only on the #2 to #4, not on the leader. As well as the wingmen keep their navlights and formation lights on on the contrary of the leader. Bug discovered on a flight of 4 AI A-10, not yet tested with other aircrafts.

Screen_121121_133835.thumb.jpg.9f8312b04c7c71135d819fe9c90bc09d.jpg

Screen_121121_133905.thumb.jpg.cea82bb64b2ac3562f7b9e614185a501.jpg

Screen_121121_141003.thumb.jpg.7383f47007e7ade7a5f76393eabe9bf1.jpg

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Unresolved at 1.2.2.7570 and pending fix:

3 - F15 ADI switched

8 - Refuelling F15/SU33 buggy

12 - F15 HUD unreadable

13 - Russian planes Nav circle misalignment in ENR/RTN modes

17 - Canopy jettison animation wrong

19 - SU-27 cockpit textures include English labels. Not consistent translation. Examples: MSL and GUN on the weapons panel

20 - SU27 entire RWR is in English

23 - Su-25, Su-25T and Mig-29 Caution, Warning and Trim lights are in english instead of russian letters

27 - A10 ADI switched

29 - MIG29 Command Airspeed in LDG mode way below minimum

30 - SU27 Command Airspeed in LDG mode slightly below minimum

33 - F15 no drag increase with external fuel tanks

34 - Flyables smoke pod colours are incorrectly designated

39 - SU27 when leading edge flaps are operational audio is heard for normal flaps -

42 - SU33 floating on pitching AK deck

43 - SU27/33 weapon panel characters misalignment if the cockpit illumination is on

44 - G940 HOTAS FFB issues/not functioning correctly

46 - F-15C antenna does not track PTD in elevation with TWS

47 - Air to Air missiles do not have INS

48 - ECM uses FC2 behaviour in DCS world

49 - Missiles expend too much speed when turning

50 - Short range missiles do not turn hard enough

51 - Virtual Pilot G-Tolerance is too low

53 - SU25A Airbrake Pylons keep defaulting to the Russian SU-25 1st skin and the bort numbers become an outline in external view when zoomed out

54 - SU33/27, Mig29 RWR does not indicate A.I. missile launch

55 - Russian HUD guidance symbology in LNDG mode incorrect - missing glide slope error circle at certain runways

56 - Russian plane pilots have corrupted Pilot head textures at night

57 - Russian planes have corrupted landing light animations

58 - Missile HOJ mode not functional

59 - Mig29 incorrect flaps deployed for player-controlled aircraft

60 - Multiplayer datalink not functional for Russian aircraft

65 - Chimney smoke visible through undercast

71 - Multiplayer audio from other players not present (drogue chute)

73 - SU27 gets AoA warning of F15

75 - Wingtip vapour effect missing from flyables

76 - SU25A antenna on nose cannot be seen from cockpit

77 - Contrails misaligned/too close to engines of aircraft id=21482

78 - Missile smoke discoloured/blue effect

79 - F15 does not repair

80 - Multiplayer clients do not see SU25A/T airbrake deployment

81 - F15 turbine fans not spinning

82 - F15 Gun pipper tracking issue (Impact point below target)

86 - SU33/27 and Mig29 Missile fire Zone computations bugged

87 - F15 AIR intakes appears to be without any animation

88 - Multiplayer Mig-29 repair on ground/at airbase not functioning correctly

89 - SU25A Wrong Chaff and flare count. 128 places instead of 256, model and skin shows 8*32 dispensers

90 - SU 25A/T MDB-67-U 4*FAB-100 modell is incorrect, FAB-100 bombs too close to each other

91 - SU25A Gunpods operation cannot be asigned to axis

92 - Disappearing player names from the menu in multi-monitor setups

93 - Missiles not aligned with weapons-pylon when SU-33 wings are folded

94 - R-77 not select-able whilst in Fi0 mode

95 - No TTI indicator on Mig29/SU27/SU33

97 - SU27/SU33 EOS not slewable in Elevation

98 - SU27/SU33 lack EOS Narrow Mode Scan

99 - Russian Helmet Designator Circle stays on target after lock

100 - IRST sensor is Gimbal-Fixed in search mode

101 - No audio tone when HMS locks target

102 - HMS Targeting Ring behaviour/illustration incorrect

103 - Multiplayer: If client is killed by other player/unit he does not get losses in stats

104 - Mig29 Canopy Jettison lever transparent at night

105 - Russian Pilot kneeboard showing incorrect map of Crimea

106 - SU27 audio for flaps deployment not heard in external view

109 - No heat blur on jet engines when spooling up or at idle

110 - Mig29A can be rearmed with R27ER and R27ET in ingame rearming menu

111 - SU25A/T drogue chute cap remains open after first rearming

113 - F-15. Mig29, SU27, SU33 Localizer Deviation Bar exhibits incorrect behaviour in banking maneuvers

114 - F15C mission wingman #4 in radio menu

115 - Floating Ghost Missiles in Multiplayer

116 - SU25A Inner Flaps defaults to the Russian SU-25 1st skin in external view

117 - Contrails visible through Clouds

118 - Landing reference lights on Admiral Kuznetsov very dim and unclear

119 - Mig29 External Fuel tank creates no drag

120 - SU25A Gear Lights Far setting not functioning correctly

121 - SU-27 visible as large black dot from extreme visual distance

122 - SU-33, SU-27 and Mig-29 Gear Lights Halo not visible at night

123 - F-15C Misalignment between under-fuselage weapons-pylons 4,5,7 and 8 and missiles

124 - Touch smoke only draws when the 2nd main wheel make contact with the ground on landing

125 - SU25,25T, Mig29, SU27 and SU33 Cockpit lighting incorrect colour

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here are some other bugs:

Need tracks and version number of bugs please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also forgot these:

1- Client players not seeing the hangar doors opening for other players

2- Awfull sideview of the laxy lights on US a/c (with cone too much marked and visible)

Screen_121126_192119.thumb.jpg.aaeb964f4f0a07cde23f7bfc00de5c6d.jpg

Screen_121126_192122.thumb.jpg.56391846543de7140b8dad989af8eb0c.jpg

3- Also still complaining about the weird textures in the SU-27 mirrors (is the cleanig staff still on strike?)

Screen_121126_192235.thumb.jpg.aa92cf71b7651ebe54404dc80ff6c637.jpg

System Configuration: Windows 10 64bits, Intel I5-3570K, 8Go DDR3-1333Mhz, GeForce GTX 560Ti LE

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3

Need tracks and version number of bugs please.

Sorry, no track for the moment as I performed the test on an other machine than the one I'm posting from.:huh:

Anyway, my version is 1.2.2.7286 :thumbup:

By the way, it seems that there are new updates? Such as 7570? Why can't I update to this version via the automatic updater?

Edited by Maraudeur

DCS-FC3 Version 1.5.3