DCS: Roadmap (old)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update with last news

SD,

Is it possible to add the "edited" date out to the side of each line item to indicate what has been updated? It's a nice long list and a bit cumbersome to sort through, at least for me. :helpsmilie:

I do appreciate you posting and keeping this list updated. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a quick browse and didnt notice the already announced ATC improvements?

Must be in progress as was originally planned for 1.2.5 release...

Great list and thanks for keeping it updated...

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

I saw that Su-27SM is listed as "In progress", just wondering where the official info on this is? I thought it was just "Planned" at the moment, would love it if this was actually being worked on.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Yes, thanks by the recommendation, I go to change the Su-17SM to planned to the lack of news for the moment. Change them if appears some news.

Ah ok, thought maybe you knew something I didn't, I was really hoping Su-27SM was actually being worked on right now:cry:

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

thats great news

a european classic mirage 2000:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I could have sworn I read a post from Wags that said F-15 and Su-27 AFM before the year ended.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I could have sworn I read a post from Wags that said F-15 and Su-27 AFM before the year ended.

Yes, you did.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764

Specifically:

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

These modules will feature:

1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)

2- 6 DOF cockpit

3- Advanced Flight Model (AFM)

4- Same level of cockpit system detail as the Lock On: Flaming Cliffs aircraft

DCS World 3rd party projects?

I was wondering about the 3rd party projects listed in this forum, such as Razbam etc, are those aircraft supposed to become modules in DCS World? are they a work in progress? I never see a completion date, I only keep seeing them there, but they only seem to remain in that 3rd party section, or are they just the AI aircraft that appear in DCS?

Just wanted to help you out in giving you an update on the Su-27SM from Wags. It is buried in the Su-27 module thread, understandable that no one wants to dig through that one. Su-27SM should be changed to Su-27S.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

After the video was created, it has decided not to develop the Su-27SM in favor of the Su-27S.

They will be flyable modules... It just takes time to get a plane in a game... This is no MSFS.

Is it more difficult to develop an aircraft in DCS rather than MSFS? I thought it was only taking so long for DCS modules, by ED and 3rd party devs, to be released because almost all of them are extremely high quality, plus all of them have weapons, which MSFS devs don't have to do.

A lot of MSFS add-ons aren't as high quality as DCS modules. PMDG and VRS perhaps, but none of the others get it as right as them. And AFAIK, the PMDG 777 has been under development for quite some time and the VRS F/A-18E took quite a while to be released as well. I honestly think it's about the quality of the add-on, and since most 3rd party devs sign a contract with ED saying that they will produce A-10C quality aircraft, which means it will probably take a really long time to develop.

At least the DCS 3rd party devs have a active team (ED) to work with and a simulator that is often receiving updates. Thank god for that!

Edited by GodsPrototype

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it more difficult to develop an aircraft in DCS rather than MSFS? I thought it was only taking so long for DCS modules, by ED and 3rd party devs, to be released because almost all of them are extremely high quality, plus all of them have weapons, which MSFS devs don't have to do.

A lot of MSFS add-ons aren't as high quality as DCS modules. PMDG and VRS perhaps, but none of the others get it as right as them. And AFAIK, the PMDG 777 has been under development for quite some time and the VRS F/A-18E took quite a while to be released as well. I honestly think it's about the quality of the add-on, and since most 3rd party devs sign a contract with ED saying that they will produce A-10C quality aircraft, which means it will probably take a really long time to develop.

At least the DCS 3rd party devs have a active team (ED) to work with and a simulator that is often receiving updates. Thank god for that!

I've seen some developers state that there is a learning curve with going from FSX to DCS. So it seems that at the moment it is a combination of learning DCS programming and the amount of work/research that goes into making a highly detailed aircraft. Once they start pumping planes out it'll just be the work/research that becomes a factor.

Systems are significantly more in depth than anything FSX or Anything else has to offer. (limited only by data available and the developers coding ability.)

Coding the systems is alot harder for DCS than it is in FSX.

Contract Terms with 3rd Party Devs are not disclosed, so it's not safe to assume all their contracts required or even stipulated the Level of Fidelity of their projects/modules.

VRS SuperBug wasnt a Simple Addon like Most of the other Aircraft in the Vast FSX Library, VRS Wrote a lot of External code for new systems as well as plugins to the FSX Front End to allow those external systems to communicate with the FSX Environment.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just wanted to help you out in giving you an update on the Su-27SM from Wags. It is buried in the Su-27 module thread, understandable that no one wants to dig through that one. Su-27SM should be changed to Su-27S.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1839764&postcount=223

i made the change from SM to S for ya Silver_Dragon.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs