25 April 2013 Update from Matt

Raven68

Very good update. Glad that you mentioned my (least) favourite bug in respect of the cluster munitions.

I may not be as excited as others about the Huey module, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway. In any case, progress and regular updates will be a good thing. I can imagine that, if the updates are that frequent, some will become a little same-y, especially when we're a long way from a new patch/update/module etc.

That's bad news for me. Not having a very fast PC this hits me hard. There are times where frames drop to 1 fps. Especially in multiplayer where there are a dozen of guys dropping anything they have all at once. Please make this a priority so that it is fixed with the next patch. Thanks.

On the bright side it sounds like (from another thread) they're redoing the cbu effect from the ground up (87-103 anyway... not sure about 97s but not all complain about 97/105) so though it may take a bit longer at least it'll actually be fixed.

Nobody can help the fact that you have a slower computer so I hope you maintain realistic expectations.

Good news on regular updates and on giving mp issues some priority.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I hope to play with my Microsoft Sidewinder FF2. I don't want to fly my Huey with severe FPS drops when the FF effect is on. I understand the FPS drops with the cluster bombs but me and other SidewinderFF2 users can´t deal with this issue anymore.

• Like 1

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

"weekly Friday updates starting next week."

Great news,I'm sure everyone will welcome this,

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

So a another week another update... my missus works like that as well!

Only thing is i dont have to squash her bugs... im afraid that if i do i might get a system faliure on her side and then i F-ed

So all the wait for 1.2.? is worth it.. we keep flying they keep working.. I hope along the way comes a investor and says: i have tons a money and want to have a good pruduct...

and i get my SU27SM :)

Thanks for the info.

Good to know 1.2.4 is just around the corner. :thumbup:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Nice to be able to get more communications from the horse's mouth on a regular basis. Good stuff.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, everyone complained when the Missiles got nerfed, maybe they'll complain when they become 100% effective, lol.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Update folks...

EDIT: Thanks for the update Matt. I'm sure most of us will appreciate these announcements.

I can wait.

Whenever it is ready will be fine with me.

I would rather have the patch ready for prime time when it is finally ready to be released, than to be buggy. My philosophy in tool room work is take the time to do it right the first time, than hurry and screw it up.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, everyone complained when the Missiles got nerfed, maybe they'll complain when they become 100% effective, lol.

Guaranteed. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks for the update Matt

Don't know about the huey - I bought the p51 and never fly it, bought blackshark and lost activation key but never flew it - hog all the way for me, might be tempted though after all it is such an icon isn't it!!!

Looking forward to a new update and as always cannot wait 'till Nevada comes out and I can finally fly desert missions

cheers

Ian

Chillblast i5 3.4 ghz NVidia GeForce gtx 670 thrustmaster warthog hotas Saitek combat rudder pedals trackir 5

user_online.gif reputation.gif report.gif progress.gif

Just wondering, back in 2011 there was "Future Projects Road Map"

Is it still in effect? Or "subject to change"?

That is still the plan. I don't have a link to reference, but I'm sure someone will come along shortly who does. :D

--NoJoe

[EDIT] Here's a reference, from Matt himself back in January: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1660812&postcount=1434

(specifically see his note #4)

Edited by NoJoe
  • Like 1

Yeah a turbulent week no doubt - to say the least! Thanks for the update Matt - happy to wait until everything is ready - weekly updates will help with overall progress - thx.

Seriously looking fwd to the Huey.

On the Edge issue - WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some info! yes please! I can fly around the Caucasus region without a map, these days, and never get lost.

I believe most of us are adults with busy lives, so take your time ED

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO