First flights......

Mt5_Roie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning lights came on. I looked up and spotted a seemingly vital part drift away from me.

:megalol: That's one of those "Oh s**t" moments...

I'm pretty curious to see my first flight. I was seriously considering saving my 50 bucks and just downloading picture of the crashed Huey, because that's what I will be looking at most of the time. :)

Just joking, can't wait. Soon now...

My very first attempt. (60% fuel - no external weapons - forgot trackir...)

Without any axis tune (but this is nr1 on the to do list now :D )

:pilotfly::joystick::pilotfly:

Great first flight...

Sorce3r... Don't forget to "Breathe" and relax that grip on yer stick I thought I heard it crying :megalol:

Thanks for the vid Great Job!:thumbup:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

First flight. No time to set up the controlls (including trim)!

Edit: How do I embed???

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

We don't hear that much about Cowboy and Hueyman... I suppose they died when they saw the update speed.... :D

Stuck at work mate. :(

Don't worry ill be flying soon enough. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

So, where to begin... Just went trough my first few flights, with expected (=shameful) results. At first, I found it nearly impossible to achieve something that could be called a hover. I somewhat managed to get into stable forward climb, but when I tried to land, I descended a little too steep and got caught into vortex ring -> BOOM. Oops, this thing is a lot less crash-resistant than my beloved shark. :)

My second landing was "much better" though - that tail was already broken off before takeoff, really! ;) But hey, at least I could walk away from it.

Last time I tried (after some 8 attempts), I finally landed it in one piece, but my hovering is still laughable. Guess I will be busy for some time now.

First flight was a bust because i didin't realize that the throttle was bound to the second throttle of my TM warthog. Got an RPM warning as soon as i tried to add collective.

So i quit, fixed the axis setup, then started a flight at Batumi and went to a destroyer i placed off shore and managed this on my first try:attachment.php?attachmentid=80397&d=1367354559

Very, very wobbly though, i think i'm going to have to play with the curves a little bit.

shiplanding.thumb.jpg.285a07b875fa0c48de1511c65f8a152f.jpg

I was able to do almost anything after two hours in the KA-50. So I had a good reason to overrate my abilities.

Man this is difficult :helpsmilie:

I can't even hover properly. I use the trim settings from the instruction video's but the nose seems to dive into the ground on these settings.

Think it's time for some pedals too. Twist handle is good enough for the KA-50 but it looks like a mess when flying the Huey.

This is going to be a longer learning curve than I expected :music_whistling::)

'Frett'

Wow she is one sensitive heli. I managed to lift her off the ground and got into kind of a hover, at least I wasn't jumping around too much ish. Lifted into forward flight and got kind of a finger of 8 roll going with the nose, got upto 2000, before deciding to land, dropped the collective too fast, nose dropped, rotor over revved and engine died.

Remembered the autorotation video and got into a rough forward and level flight. 50 ft from ground collective upto far, stalled and put skids up through floor and embedded into the roof.

Doc reckons I might walk again in 3 yrs. ;)

All in all, a hell of a lot more difficult than I ever would have thought.

I know what I'm gonna be practising for the next 3 yrs. oh and I have no idea how to get the trim to work, force trim switch on, and press the button where I want the cyclic to stay but, nothing seems to happen. Time to RTFM.

Damn this was worth the wait, I absolutely love it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Erm... which pedals recommended btw? This is going to be an expensive module for me ;)

Oh yeah.. and budget (ish) stick / throttle... oh hell... what's another cc bill eah? That Mig21 module isn't ready yet right (hehe).

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)

oh and I have no idea how to get the trim to work, force trim switch on, and press the button where I want the cyclic to stay but, nothing seems to happen. Time to RTFM.Cowboy10uk

Cowboy, if you display the position of the controls (took me a while to find again what shortcut that is: Rctrl-Enter), then you will see how the force trim work more easily. You put your cyclic in the position you want, then press the force-trim button and it offsets everything so that this position is now with your stick in neutral :joystick: