03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

It won't be a problem.

It's not good to see two types of F-15C or Su-27 with different FMs in a same server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things:

1. As long as the price of these separate F15C and Su27 modules is fair, I'll buy both, just to be able to land normally using AFM. :D

2. Please don't call these "DCS" if they're not going to be at the same level of detail like A10C and Shark. It'll just confuse people and water down the true meaning of "DCS" in a title. Maybe they should be called "Flaming Cliffs 3: F-15C / Su27"? Just a thought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

I bought the FC3 for the same reason ED said, to have fighters for now till there will be DCS level fighters, not because i like mid fidelity sim.

So, i guess the numbers of FC3 sells is not really saying that we all want mid fidelity sim.

So, i hope that every aircraft will have 2 versions, high fidelity and mid fidelity for both kind of costumers.

I understand the decision. I would like to see these modules available at a lower price to those who bought FC3, but I won't blaim anyone if that won't be the case.

It will be great to eventually see these birds as fully DCS products in the future, even if I have to wait for it. But as we all know; the one who waits for something good, never waits for too long…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F18C

This is my first post even though I have been a very long time reader and supporter of ED.

Someone else here mentioned it is time for new maps, new map graphics and I have to agree.

Would absolutely love DCS-F18C with carrier operations and I think really decent (I mean full) carrier operations alone would do wonders to this series.

Imagine walking out to your aircraft, boarding and then going through the start-up routine, then being directed to your Cat all along whilst other aircraft are going through the motions.

Being shot out in front, meeting up with a tanker, then returning for some circuits and eventually catching the 2 wire.

The graphics of the carrier operations would have to be mint though, rolling deck, fully functioning people, steam from the cats etc.

That for me (with updated graphics) would be worth paying twice as much for. I'd even pre-pay now for an F-18C.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Still no word if the AFM will be given to those who bought FC3 ... ? if not well ....:shocking:

Highly unlikely since part of the point of releasing them, before the full DCS treatment is ready, is to generate revenue which will fund further work.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This honestly seems like a waste of resources. I would much rather see this effort go towards the F-18.

Only up to page 24 and have to go to a meeting, but time spent on AFM for the Su-25 & F-15 IS development towards any DCS.F-18 modlue.

For a DCS fast mover to be developed, AFM that deals with supersonic flight has to be developed, as do new seeker and radar models and various other things.

Getting a return for the components as they're developed seems a sensible thing to me (unless you'd rather they saved all the dcs.fast-mover technology up and released it to the commiunity as they went brok ?)

Cheers.

What we REALLY need is a new map. Hopefully once based in the Persian Gulf which would incorporate said carrier ops above.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I don't see what's the big problem here. Wags' update is clear enough.

What I fail to understand is the uproar.

Bear with me for a moment:

• DCS modules take an awful amount of time due to avionics and integrating them to the cockpit, that cannot be helped

• Eagle Dynamics working on upgrading F-15C and Su-27 to DCS level (6DoF 3D cockpit+AFM+avionics), plus starting F/A-18C module from scratch, process takes years and is very challenging and expensive, very hard on the community to wait for so long
  • ED gets 3D cockpit and AFM ready for F-15C and Su-27
  • Instead of making us live with SFM for an extended time (it's been 18 years of Flanker SFM after all, about damn time :music_whistling:), ED decides to release what they have as separate modules so we can fully enjoy the flight characteristics of the Su-27 and F-15C, so we can at least be a step closer to realism while we wait [as a side-note, not everyone bought Flaming Cliffs 3 or is going to buy it at all - I for one won't buy it at all probably, and I'm glad I can buy those aircraft separately for a cheaper price to enjoy AFM and the new pit]
  • Developing continues strong on creating the F/A-18 module, plus upgrading F-15C and Su-27, and other modules
  • Expected sales increase for new aircraft as they integrate directly into DCS:World and will be cheaper than FC3/average DCS module, plus appeals to wider audience (including aerobatic pilots, who will love this AFM. This is a massive step for VFAT and similar events :))

What's the big problem here? FC3 wasn't just F-15 and Su-27, it also came with the Su-25, MiG-29A/G/S, Su-33 and A-10A. I understand a lot of people bought it for air superiority capability and it may be frustrating. This is a wise move for this very kind of costumer too - now whoever wants F-15/Su-27 will be able to save and just get those two, while pilots after the classic FC planeset will purchase FC3.

ED's keeping us up to speed with their advances while also funding their next modules. Yes, it's often more expensive for people who buy every product as it comes out because they have to charge for new products, even if they're a development of the older ones, but that's because each new product brings considerable innovation and hardwork. AFM is a bitch to model, it takes pilots and engineers, advanced calculations, extensive testing - the people involved get paid to do that, and the methods of testing and developing AFMs cost money too. It's only fair that we pay for that capability, it's worth it after all.

• Like 2

I have FC3, I don't want a non DCS level F-15c and su-27. It'll be cool to have a super maneuverable AFM, but again I want a deeper experience.

DCS has always been about ball-crushing level of true to life detail, and while I enjoy FC3 I don't see the point of releasing aircraft already in it. Basically all you're paying for is the AFM. In my opinion, development time and resources would be much better spent on ANY dcs level aircraft, be it F15, 18, 27, whatever.

The announcement of the F-15C and Su-27SM being FC3-level first and DCS-level later doesn't mean I've "lost" anything, and doesn't leave me disappointed. If anything it gives me more awesome simming to look forward to!

I don't think we're getting the SM variant, since Wags said cockpits/3D models/sounds would be the same as the ones in FC3 :(

Good post Lucas. Pointing out that things can be developed, then used in the future. Means that it will all go to good use. Also get the benefit of less wait. Not a bad strategy after all. As long as it goes to a MODERN JET FIGHTER I'm good. Alll those asking for maps etc. please consider us jet fans that have squat in DCS.

I will buy incremental upgrades to aircraft. Some may feel it unfair that you are paying for upgrades, but at the end of the day, you are paying for man hours of work, regardless if it is a complete module or an upgrade. I for one will pay if it is of value to me.

News

With some of the news about DCS F-15C and SU-27 we might get them later this year. :-) Seems like there is a fan base that does not like the clickable cockpits. :-( which is surprising to me. F-18C DCS model sounds like it's more then a year or more off.

Well guess it's come a long way but there is years and years to come before we have mods like A-10C.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

...because the 35 page thread about this is clearly not enough.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

...because the 35 page thread about this is clearly not enough.

This won't be here long. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I dont know it 100%, but did you pay extra for the 6DOF cockpits? No. So first of all i would expect we get it free. Now if someone could set us clear with that.....

Greetings

Ah, yes. They were part of the package when I bought FC3. FC3, btw, was released with these as part of 1.2.4, wasn't it? I have to agree that adding the AFM only and charging the same to someone who bought FC3 already as someone who bought nothing would be a slap in the face for the FC buyers. So far, I have bought all the modules, and I might be ok paying extra for the AFMs, but I've already paid for the model and 6dof cockpits.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Good post Lucas. Pointing out that things can be developed, then used in the future. Means that it will all go to good use. Also get the benefit of less wait. Not a bad strategy after all. As long as it goes to a MODERN JET FIGHTER I'm good. Alll those asking for maps etc. please consider us jet fans that have squat in DCS.

I will buy incremental upgrades to aircraft. Some may feel it unfair that you are paying for upgrades, but at the end of the day, you are paying for man hours of work, regardless if it is a complete module or an upgrade. I for one will pay if it is of value to me.

I don't really mind paying for upgrades but he cost has to reflect that it is indeed a upgrade and not a whole new product.

In other words, I would be willing to pay maybe $30 for the base module of each aircraft but ONLY if that means that they are in fact going to expand those modules bit by bit and in a timely manner, finally, I don't want each "upgrade" to cost another $30 or more and even more so, I don't want to keep paying for the same content over and over again.

In short, I want to really know where we stand at this stage, I want to know what they are working on and what is just being planned in the long term because we really don't know at this stage and since we are clearly going to be waiting even longer for a fast mover of DCS quality, it would be nice to know if it has even been started yet or if we are looking at a five or more year dev cycle for it.

In short, I want to really know where we stand at this stage, I want to know what they are working on and what is just being planned in the long term because we really don't know at this stage and since we are clearly going to be waiting even longer for a fast mover of DCS quality, it would be nice to know if it has even been started yet or if we are looking at a five or more year dev cycle for it.

I'm with you, but I think that Wags is doing his best to let us know where things stand. Of course, a little info leads to a lot more questions, and I have a feeling much of this is not decided yet. Certainly, if I knew of the upcoming su27 and f15 modules, I would have never bothered buying FC3, but this announcement might save others. On the other hand, it hasn't been stated either way whether these will be included for FC3 owners.

As far as a DCS quality fast mover, I have really good feelings that MiG21 will be very good. I am also very impressed with Huey and P51. In fact I enjoy them more than A10.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Why do so many people say "I bought x to support DCS"

I buy things for 4 reasons only:

1: I want it

2: I need it

3: I'm getting it for someone who wants it

4: I'm getting it for someone who needs it.

I haven't made any purchase with some pseudo-altruistic intent of supporting a company. I don't buy ED's products to support the company, but I notice that they release things I intend to play. If they release something I don't want, I won't buy it. Simples.

I always buy goods that I can afford that are made by southerners to support my people. I don't buy products and eat food that come from north and north eastern part of Thailand because the majority of these people support our current government. Sometimes you gotta take side, man. I chose to buy CA because it's what I could afford in order to support ED. Stupid? Probably but I've done worst things.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Well, it seems if we out-throw Ka-50, A-10C and recently Huey we fly over and over same planes since original Lock On...

Idea of charging for AFM only? Weird, in future for working MFDs too? For every switch 50 cents I suggest :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Like I said before:

If AFM will be the only difference between FC3 SU27 and the new standalone SU27, and if the standalone module will cost, say, $15, I would hope ED would be kind enough to offer existing FC3 customers (such as myself) to purchase an AFM upgrade for a reduced price.

This would result in two things: existing FC3 customers would also throw in a few bucks into the new standalone modules (which I doubt they would do, if they would be forced to pay full price for the new standalones), AND the stables of existing FC3 customers would remain the same, meaning you wouldn't have TWO Flankers in your roster (one SFM and one AFM).

Of course, collectors such as myself, that buy everything on the horizon to support the developers and have a wider variety in our DCS Worlds, will buy the new standalones regardless (albeit a bit disgruntled if we'll be forced to pay full price).

But since ED knows that FC3 is the majority of their sales, it would be wise of them to recognize that new standalones with AFM wouldn't only be appealing to new customers, but to existing FC3 owners as well.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display