DCS F-35A

Wags

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but it would suits much better with the whole rest.. eventually.

But the problem isn't just about the era (what about the P52?), but about the info available for a certain aircraft (we discussed much about it in the previous pages tho).

Well, there has to be the first aircraft ;)

Some systems will not be modeled and some system will be approximated, the same way it's in the DCS A-10C, BMS, or any other sim. And you'll not have a clue which ones are approximated unless you work on the actual airframe. The same as with A-10C.

I know most folks believe that the DCS A-10C is a carbon copy of an actual A-10C minus some systems (IFF). But in reality there are system people use one a dialy basis that are modeled 'wrong' or use features not present in the suite modeled. Does that spoil your sim experience?

Personaly I don't get the obsession with 'it has to be 100% copy, or it's junk'.

Well, there has to be the first aircraft ;)

Some systems will not be modeled and some system will be approximated, the same way it's in the DCS A-10C, BMS, or any other sim. And you'll not have a clue which ones are approximated unless you work on the actual airframe. The same as with A-10C.

I know most folks believe that the DCS A-10C is a carbon copy of an actual A-10C minus some systems (IFF). But in reality there are system people use one a dialy basis that are modeled 'wrong' or use features not present in the suite modeled. Does that spoil your sim experience?

Personaly I don't get the obsession with 'it has to be 100% copy, or it's junk'.

The level of approximation building a so recent (in fact not even completed) aircraft is potentially much higher than the one that affects the A10C, making the simulation more a guessing game than a "DCS level" module.

We all know that the A10C is not 100% like the real counterpart, but it's damn near to it; the F35 would never be that close in the short term, that's why I suggested to postpone the project for when the times are more mature and to dedicate the effort to something that could potentially give a much better result. KI can have a different opinion, i'm not here to tell em what to do, i'm merely express an opinion. :)

• Like 1

In reality, low RCS is low RCS for all frequencies. There are plenty of S and L band radars out there ... they don't magically manage to see aircraft at 10x the range of an X-band radar.

I think it means how vulnerable it is to other radar spectrums. Meaning VHF and L band have almost no resistance to it.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The level of approximation building a so recent (in fact not even completed) aircraft is potentially much higher than the one that affects the A10C, making the simulation more a guessing game than a "DCS level" module.

We all know that the A10C is not 100% like the real counterpart, but it's damn near to it; the F35 would never be that close in the short term, that's why I suggested to postpone the project for when the times are more mature and to dedicate the effort to something that could potentially give a much better result. KI can have a different opinion, i'm not here to tell em what to do, i'm merely express an opinion. :)

You no better "know" that an A10 is accurate than you will "know" the F35 isn't. We're all entitled to an opinion but let's be honest with ourselves about our grasp on the subject before continuously reverting a thread subject back to undue negativity.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Hi all,

An interesting article on the METEOR missile and its performance capabilities. From the prestigious RUSI journal in the UK.

http://www.rusi.org/downloads/assets/25_Meteor_for_sale.pdf

This weapon system is specifically designed to work with AESA radars (like the F35's), has 3 times the head on range of an AIM120 and 5 times more in a tail chase and can fly at up to Mach 4 from launch to intercept as it has RAMJET technology.

This is hopefully going to be developed for use with KI's DCS F35. I wonder what other weapons KI will deliver with their F35?

-Sharpe

Hi all,

An interesting article on the METEOR missile and its performance capabilities. From the prestigious RUSI journal in the UK.

http://www.rusi.org/downloads/assets/25_Meteor_for_sale.pdf

This weapon system is specifically designed to work with AESA radars (like the F35's), has 3 times the head on range of an AIM120 and 5 times more in a tail chase and can fly at up to Mach 4 from launch to intercept as it has RAMJET technology.

This is hopefully going to be developed for use with KI's DCS F35. I wonder what other weapons KI will deliver with their F35?

-Sharpe

And it is also said in that article that implementation on the F35 could prove problematic due to the US Arms industry.

Looking further ahead, it is essential that the Meteor is made available on

the Lockheed Martin F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. It would seem obvious that the world’s

‘best future fighter’ needs the world’s best air-to-air missile, but integrating non-US

weapons on US platforms always meets with resistance from the vested interests in US

industry. Even though the UK intends to equip its F-35Bs with the Meteor, there is not

yet a clearly plotted plan to achieve this.

As one Meteor programme source noted, “ask the question in the US and the first

answer you will get is ‘no’, so you then have to go carefully and figure out who are the

right people to ask and move forward from there”.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Are you trying to be funny? :)

The F-35's stealth relies more on shape than on radar-absorbing materials, and for longer wavelengths, the aircraft simply isn't big enough for shape to make a difference.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

npole- Kinney has been over it a couple times that they can model the F-35 to a realistic extent, it is on their website. I am pretty sure that the F-35 is "done", it is certainly not in the design phase anymore.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool, then you can also call to attention the fact that IEEE L-band isn't going to cut it.

People go gaga over the HF and VHF bands, but you won't see those emitters on aircraft.

No, i'm simply calling to attention the properties of electromagnetic waves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

People go gaga over the HF and VHF bands, but you won't see those emitters on aircraft.

Of course you won't, not on fighter sized planes anyway, i just found your initial statement misleading.

• Like 1

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Okay I'll play, just because it looks great form this angle!!

Doesn't look half bad loaded up either ;)

Nice! I definitely like the A and B version better than the C, I don't care for the look of the larger wings on the C version.