The June 21st DCS News Update Discussion Thread

I am very impressed. It seems 1.2.5 will be here very shortly?? For anyone who is not interested in FC3, please reconsider. I booted up the original LockOn (tm Ubisoft, used here without prior consent) just to see what I used to enjoy... WOW!! I was so underwhelmed that I cannot believe I ever played that game with enthusiasm. Any way, we all would like to have every aircraft in the world modeled as nicely as the A10C, but the reality of having FC3 in the meantime is astounding. Actually, I would not want to master every system on all of those planes, but FC3 has found a very playable happy medium when you want something different. When the Hornet comes out, I will probably shelf FC3 and everything else, but I will never regret buying any ED product. Taking my girl out to dinner costs more (and I get less enjoyment out of it, but don't tell her!!)

Thanks again, ED for remembering all of us, not just the ones who are avid rabid reality or nothing guys. Of course, I am one of those too, when the Hornet comes out. :thumbup:

CPU: Intel Core i3 3240 3.4GHz LGA 1155

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Memory: 8 gb DDR3 1600

Video: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti(PCI-Express )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The June 21st DCS News Update Discussion Thread part 2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1794677&postcount=2

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

So does this mean if I have both I wont have an issue with FC3 aircraft, and DCS A10A in the World?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

So does this mean if I have both I wont have an issue with FC3 aircraft, and DCS A10A in the World?

Why would you have both? There will be no difference.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Update - 22 June 2013

wow, now that's a big gift to the community indeed! I'd imagine that developping those costs a pretty penny and they are giving it away for free - hope all the nagging will now stop cause this gift will cost them a lot since fc3 is their best selling product (I think). As for me, I will buy those the day they come out - the eagle looks fun, but im not interrested in buying old lock on cd .... weeee :pilotfly:

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

I'm just waiting for the first person to complain about this............. ;)

Nate

WAAAAAH theyll force us to pay when they make the planes with clickable cockpits WAAAAH.

i dont know how to even put this, i was sure FC3 owners would have to pay for the upgrade, the value of FC3 just went through the roof.

Well, I would have gladly paid for those FC3 modules, just to support ED. There isn't much to do when one already owns all the other modules, and brand new modules are still so far out...

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I said before that I was willing to pay for a proper landing in the F-15, but this is certainly a nice bonus.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Awesome! Thanks for the update Wags.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Well, I would have gladly paid for those FC3 modules, just to support ED. There isn't much to do when one already owns all the other modules, and brand new modules are still so far out...

Same here rrohde!! I was all set for another purchase.

EDIT:: Oh and thanks Matt and ED for the latest and very quick update!! We didn't have to wait for another DCS:Friday for such an awesome news!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

There would be no reason to purchase A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs if you already own FC3, they will be the exact same aircraft.

Because i wouldn't mind buying the module version to

Support ED. Given the fact that all the work going into this isn't free.

Support ED.

There would still be no reason to install it, so there would be no conflict.

Support ED. Given the fact that all the work going into this isn't free.

Instead of a duplicate maybe consider another module you may not have and add it to your collection. Just purchased the P-51 myself, but not sure how much flying I will do with it. Just another alternative to think about. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Thx Wags for the update, i bought the FC 3 right now.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Update - 22 June 2013

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale?

Wow... Wags and the rest of ED team, you've outdone yourselves. As a FC3 customer, I can't emphasize enough just how appreciative I am of this. I expected the upgrades to be made available for a fee, I hoped the fee would be less than the price of a full module. Your solution is just awesome.

As you pointed out, it would be pointless to buy another DCS: FC module if you already own FC3.

However, just to support ED, and to spread the love, I will purchase one DCS: FC module for someone on this forum, when these modules are made available.

EDIT:

Scratch that. I'll buy FC3.

So, whoever wants it, PM me. I'll make a random draw from the first 10 people who PM me, and the lucky winner will get FC3.

I'll contact ED support to see how I can make the purchase for someone else.

Edited by ishtmail
  • Like 1

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Update - 22 June 2013

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale? smile.gif

This is just too good to be true! FC3 will be great value for the money now, even with the full price that I gladly payed as soon as it was released. No reason for people to feel bad now. I just hope ED does not take too big a financial hit.