DCS 1.2.5 Released, Update 2 Released

Anybody noticed that using right mouse button, and pointing at enemy ground unit and clicking left button, pilot reports enemy units position ?

It was there before 1.2.5

On another note: when the option to disable trackir when using sights is on, i cant control weapon sight with mouse..I just can turn the pilot head without sight moving?

+1 :huh:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, something is very amiss. It appears something happened between the last test build and what went out today. We will get to the bottom of this ASAP. Apologies.

Thanks! :thumbup:

I'm suprised that only two or three people in this thread have noticed it yet. :huh:

Ok...so the ATC improvements didn't make it. Shame but if it wasn't ready it wasn't ready.

2 quick questions.

Will the ATC have to wait until 1.2.6 or is it close enough to being good that we MIGHT get it in an interim update?

Can you give us some idea of what the improvements consist of?

I'm really looking forward to this and it occurs to me that if its just improvements to the current system I could be sorely dissapointed when it does come out. Alternatively if it includes fixes and new features then i can stay excited...

Kind Regards,

Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

Guys, do you have CA radar look or it's been moved for further updates?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I'll wait for the A-10A flight model fix before installing. Bought FC3 in the sale for a friend that couldn't cope with A-10C and I'm looking forward to flying some co-op missions. Just don't want to put him off with the standard flight model!

Tears of joy, tears of happines, the landing bug has finally been fixed.

And there are also canopy scratches. Aries is smiling from the banned folks heaven. :D

As Mr Burns would say, "Exxxxcellent..."

:thumbup:

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Maybe a simple solution to people's constant whining about problems being addressed or not would be a public locked thread that lists all the bugs ED acknowledges and will work on somewhere in the future, with no promises until a new announcement maybe when time allows.

If there's a post about it in the Bugs and Problems forum there's a pretty good chance ED knows about it. In fact, if you use the Search function and find any posts related to whatever you're about to ask about, there's a pretty good chance ED knows about it and will work on it in the future when time and resources allow.

If an official bug tracker for DCS existed, these constant whining posts would not go away. They would just change into "Bug x exists in the tracker, so why isn't it fixed in <latest version number here>? Since it's in the bug tracker it should be fixed already! COME ON GUYS IT WAS REPORTED <number of days> AGO!! NEVER BUYING MODULES AGAIN. Q_Q"

If a bug is listed in the Bugs and Problems forum, assume ED knows about it and will work on it in the future with no promises until the patch has been released and it is specifically listed in the change log. Even a planned change list isn't a 100% guarantee, as that is the nature of software development.

So what you propose already exists, people just choose not to use or acknowledge it.

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Great! Thanks ED for your hard work. And...

Notes:

1- Earlier we had hoped to include some ATC changes in 1.2.5. However, due to some unresolved bugs and a staffing change, we were unable to complete this in time for 1.2.5.

2- We are well aware of other known item such EOS, CBU-97/105 effectiveness, countermeasure effectiveness, client control of air units in CA, game performance, etc., and they will be addressed as time and resources allow. There really is no need for, "what about..." questions.

..thank you Wags for the heads up. It prevents some unnecessary questions, and I'm glad to be informed. :)

Nice patch ED! Looking forward to the DCS FC A-10A with AFM. :thumbup:

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I haven't installed 1.2.5 yet. Waiting for the A-10A flight model issue to be fixed. But out of curiosity, has anyone noticed performance improvements? Better FPS, especially with high-density weapons effects (rocket salvos, cluster bombs, etc.)?

Kon

I haven't installed 1.2.5 yet. Waiting for the A-10A flight model issue to be fixed. But out of curiosity, has anyone noticed performance improvements? Better FPS, especially with high-density weapons effects (rocket salvos, cluster bombs, etc.)?

Kon

Yes absolutely.. especially it's very much obvious if you fly SU-27..

It would seem that the AFM is not really as good as A-10C not sure why? It's just the rudder and they way it takes off its somewhat close to the A-10C though it seems pointless actually having the A-10A when we have the A-10C AFM. Well these will be cool for multiplayer but I am really looking forward to some serious AFM click able f-15's, f-16's, f-35's. So when does the full fidelity f-15C come out?

Ver 1.2.5.15586

CCRP in MIG29,SU27 is now spot on.

new view limits in 6DOF cockpits ... great job

A10A seems its the same SFM

MIG29,SU27,SU33,SU25T Betty is in English

SU25 no AOA tone.

Wags is looking into it, the A-10A AFM either got corrupted or is missing

(TBH it's prolly missing, as I felt like i was flying the same ole' SFM...)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Two things

1. Like the new SU-25 flight model. Gives a real sense of weight and inertia now. If vapor trails were working would most likely see them with high AOA that can be achieved.

2. Like the new 6DOF. I can actually see the seat in the su25 now when looking back over the wing. Nice.

Thanks ED

Cant wait for the DCS 25SM some day :-)

One more thing also noted in the download 1.4 gig but at just of 1 gig went into update mode. Did we get the whole thing?

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

I am pretty late to the party, but today is a good day! The two sims that I play are getting major updates! :D

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

These new effects are awesome, and my performance is considerably better when looking at burning aircraft, thanks ED! One thing though, the damage models seem to be a little messed up on the Su-25T which is what I tested against in the video below.

Flying without vertical stabilizer, 2 wing-ends with different camouflage falling from a wing that remained intact, speeding up to around 400 knots in level flight with one engine, engine sounds ceased once the pilot had ejected... Hopefully these problems have been addressed by ED. :pilotfly:

Edited by Chippy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]