DCS C-17

dooom

I want. Mucho.

Johnnyv2pto had a great idea here http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1842223&postcount=194 tying it too the combat objectives and I am absolutely begging for paratroopers. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94320&highlight=paratroopers

Think about it - delivering supplies via drop or landing by trafficking between warehouse airfields or dropping paratroopers with hueys doing extraction etc.

What do you think? could a DCS C-17 module bring in the FSX crowd??? maybe a c-130? Who wouldn't love to drop an angel flare show??

smokeangel_usaf_big.jpg

-ntD8IDZoPE

Edited by dooom
  • Like 1

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

+ 1

YES!! I would LOVE DCS level aircraft for the logistics and support role.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I buy DCS modules to fly around blowing stuff up. I can't imagine anything more boring than delivering mail from the front :D

Thats fine, but for everyone like you, are 10 like us who would fly anything as long as the quality is on the DCS level.

...more boring than delivering mail from the front :D

So how about an AC-130 gunship then?

Personally, I'd love to see a DCS-level transport in the sim, even if it was just an old C-47... hah, would make a great career flying that bugga for the insurgents as a mercenary or sumthing :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I would like that, as I like to fly commercial aircrafts, too.

Having a DCS-quality Transport would be fun to fly, as FSX-physics are... well you know what I mean ^^

The Problem is the tiny Area. Cool, I can fly from Batumi to Anapa... yea!

And the C-17 can solely be used for transport. I questioned the usefulness of the UH1 (and still quite do), but it is fun for CSAR and similar missions.

Another Problem could be the combat environment. You are in a constant risk of getting shot down, and the number of players complaining against fighters shooting you down in Attackers is quite high. A transport wouldn't have any ability to strike back, what is even worse than the limited A2A-Combat capability of the attackers.

OFC the major part of the DCS community is not that whiny ^^

But still, the small Area is limiting the C-17 quite a lot. Perhaps it could be fun to deliver Tanks with an airdrop-script ^^

I guess in the current state, when a fixed wing transport should be implemented, I'd prefer a C-130 (AC-130 :-P)

Thats fine, but for everyone like you, are 10 like us who would fly anything as long as the quality is on the DCS level.

Even more! 2.000 FSX Boeing 737 simpits in the world, + a couple new ones every month. You can probably multiply that by a factor of hundred to get the whole player base. Just for that plane only.

How many A-10 simpits?

Everybody needs this, whether they want to fly it or not. Although an airliner would be pretty much useless in this constricted world, a transport plane, tanker, AWACS or a bomber would be awesome beyond explanation.

It would interest civil aviation players, and slowly bring them to the dark side :bomb:

I will like to fly any aircraft from any procedence with condition of a high level simulation...

Even civilian aircraft...

Land a C-17 at a dirt airstrip isn´t a big deal to this aircraft made to this purpose...

But will be a big challenge land a Boeing 737 or 727 at this conditions, like this..

I can't imagine a more unpleasant and boring occupation in the air than flying a goddamn bus.

Flying it on your PC?

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

But will be a big challenge land a Boeing 737 or 727 at this conditions, like this..

This reminds me of a passenger jet (without passengers of course or they will start to complain) landing in a field. The landing was planned and it became a museum. Can't seem to remember the name.

This space is available for your advertisement

The problem with thinking this would draw in civilian simmers, is that if they only fly civilian sims thats all they are gonna be interested in. They'd likely have little to no interest in flying in a combat zone, particularly one of limited size like DCS. In the flight sim world you have people that are mostly on one side or the other, those with the interest in both are probably already flying DCS or are already looking into it.

I don't know if the physics of the DCS engine is good for larger aircraft. I don't know much about the engine but from what I've experience so far it would be a great engine for any type of aircraft.

+1 My opinion is YES! I would love to see this sexy beast in DCS at high quality!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would prefer a C-130, more roles than the C-17

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Sure, why not. The more the merrier. I would love to see dcs become a broader platform for flight sims.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!