Discontinuing Weekly Updates - Please reconsider

Cobra847

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can people complain about the weekly updates going away when they comment "when did Wags say that" meaning they haven't read the update anyways?!?!?!

+1

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I have been complaining about lack of BS2 support every time but without people bringing their voice out, they might think no one is flying the old Shark anymore and let it decay.

About that, if you think that it is your duty to keep the devs in check, you have already crossed a border in this vicious cycle, IMHO.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

84 replies discussing something IMHO subsidiary, and only 33 to discuss much more interesting 1.2.6 log.

Something is wrong about what are more interesting to talk about.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

84 replies discussing something IMHO subsidiary, and only 33 to discuss much more interesting 1.2.6 log.

Something is wrong about what are more interesting to talk about.

If ED doesn't want to talk about the 1.2.6 change log then why would we want to? Everything is subject to change anyway.

Guys get in trouble for being excited about it and are called trolls, they get criticized for being indifferent and told they're talking about the wrong stuff... I mean- good grief.

This ish is cray. :juggle:

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Wags,

I am not sure what the reason for stopping the weekly updates was, but it does seem it comes down to a couple of possibilities.

One: it is time consuming to get information from the different departments every week and publish the content (it is getting in the way of the ladies, let's change the night to thursday).

Two: You are tired of hearing people complain about things you aren't doing instead of focusing on what you are doing and the end game.

Three: Neither and we have no idea what you are thinking and therefore we will not change or correct our way of doing things.

I personally enjoy the weekly updates, because I feel every Friday I get to come by your office and say 'Wags, what's going on this week.' I get to hear from you personally what is going on. If we go to a monthly news letter, then I loose that personal touch.

Your weekly updates makes me look further into the forums for answers like: 'changing the Radar and EOS code' I have to ask my self what is that and how does separating it help in future module updates. So I go to the forums and look for answers to how this has been an issue. But these kind of one liners will probably not be in the news monthly.

It seems to me that since we are all adults we just need to set some boundaries and expectations. I would not be offended if you were to say, 'hey can we change our weekly office visit to every other week. I am getting slammed with everything else and just don't have the spare time.' or 'you know every time I give you an update you always talk about what we are not doing can we focus on the goals we are making.'

Your personal comments and participation on these forums is very important and we always like to have in depth conversations about what you and the ED teams are doing.

I have two requests here

One: If the weekly updates did not get the right reception, what were you looking for and maybe we can make it happen.

Two: Don't stop coming into the forum and giving us stuff to discuss and talk about. (Remember: I have a choice to read those who know stuff and have proven their knowledge and those who are just talking)

As a friend to friend who have never met, keep your office door open. Next time I will bring Irish coffee and we can discuss the challenges of keeping thousands of friends you never met, happy.

76th Falcon

MSI Creator X299 - INTEL i9 - 10900X 3.7 GHZ - 32 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 - EVGA GTX 1080 FTW AC2

People need to chill.

Imagine having to sit around and make stuff up every week for the update.

Not much changes in a week's time and the time digging up info for the updates takes away from doing other work.

Also there is always someone not happy with the info or shortage each week.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

It seems to me that since we are all adults we just need to set some boundaries and expectations.

I don't want to seem glib, and I know it might appear that way because I've ripped your post to bits. But you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Age means nothing. Some of the most mature people I've met here are younger than me. Most of the immature idiots are older than me. That said, such is life.

Nate

I don't want to seem glib, and I know it might appear that way because I've ripped your post to bits. But you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Age means nothing. Some of the most mature people I've met here are younger than me. Most of the immature idiots are older than me. That said, such is life.

Nate

Interesting view my friend...but remember some of us older folks....hmmm .. what was I talking about again....:doh:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

^^ Typewriter run out of ink again?

We still get monthly updates. I dont really see what the issue is anymore??

About that, Sith... and I say this with tongue firmly planted in cheek... As a testor / mod you already know what's going on so you aren't exactly sharing the same perspective as the rest of us.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

About that, Sith... and I say this with tongue firmly planted in cheek... As a testor / mod you already know what's going on so you aren't exactly sharing the same perspective as the rest of us.

This is true, as a tester he is officially sanctioned to give ED grief. You all are just amateurs :)

Nate

Part of the problem is we genuinely are not aware of everything ED does or has planned. We might have greater insight in the short term, but that is about it. Its not like Wags pre-screened every Friday update to us ahead of time, much of what he posted was as much news to us as it was to you.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team

There were many things in the weekly updates that I didnt know about, or at best had limited info on. So sure you are right, I might have a little more light in the dark tunnel that is DCS, but its just a few more feet ahead than you, as a Tester, we are living in current release and a little bit further ahead, spending half our play time trying to make our game crash ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

as a Tester, we are living in current release and a little bit further ahead, spending half our play time trying to make our game crash ;)

Geeze- sounds like anybody in multiplayer could excel at being a tester.

(Enter punch line drumroll here)

Edited by ENO
  • Like 1

"ENO"

Geeze- sounds like anybody in multiplayer could excel at being a tester.

(Enter punch line drumroll here)

It is the pinpointing what is causing the crashes is the difficult bit. Anywho don't worry, open beta testing for 1.2.6 will be along soon.

Nate