DCS WW2 - terrain

Almazi

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep the thread on topic, lets not speculate on anything.

I'm not speculating and don't want to but this read...

Most likely my work in this project is finished. And I'm surprised by this strange fact.

:(

I'm sorry.

... Confuse me :huh: .

Almazi, what were you talking about? I don't know how to understand what you wrote.

Are you sorry because you worked faster than planned or because there is any change in planning, are you now devoted to another 'challenge'?... So much opening for confusion and... speculation.

Would you please clarify?

Thanks in advance.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• ED Team

I did read that, and I am asking not to post any more speculation, a bunch have asked for clarification, we dont need 50 more posts asking for the same thing... lets see if we can get official news.

I'm not speculating and don't want to but this read...

... Confuse me :huh: .

Almazi, what were you talking about? I don't know how to understand what you wrote.

Are you sorry because you worked faster than planned or because there is any change in planning, are you now devoted to another 'challenge'?... So much opening for confusion and... speculation.

Would you please clarify?

Thanks in advance.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Anyways aside from that bit of news, it does seem like ED is making pretty good stride on integration of EDGE based on this.

The landscape is also moving along. The most important part of the process is engine integration, that is, getting the DCS aircraft to fly over the new terrain, and all the other objects, vehicles, ships, and so on, to properly interact with it. This task is in late testing stages, and in the meantime creating the landscape itself has slowed down a bit. Once that task is complete, we’re going to dump an entire large team onto landscape creation, and will be looking at an alpha of a Normandy chunk in a matter of weeks.

Seems like that part of the process is winding up some. Hopefully we will soon see some in game video postings. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Let's see... "Most likely" means more likely to happen than not, right? His surprise by the "strange" fact. His sad smiley. Hmm... What could he be thinking... He's obviously talented and doesn't need luck, but I wish him luck just in case.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Let's see... "Most likely" means more likely to happen than not, right? His surprise by the "strange" fact. His sad smiley. Hmm... What could he be thinking... He's obviously talented and doesn't need luck, but I wish him luck just in case.

:) thank you

Terra Incognita

You're very welcome. :)

I feel like saying something that a couple of people here and I shared via PM during a certain kickstarter campaign about a certain someone that reminded us of a used car salesman. :D

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

• ED Team

Gentlemen, if somebody wrote that his work is finished, and just now I see before me two guys who keep working on Bf-109 what thoughs must appear in your minds? :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Yo-Yo why are you here with us peasants?? Dont you have a mathematical equation to solve somewhere? :smilewink:

Seriously though. Thanks for chiming in. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Gentlemen, if somebody wrote that his work is finished, and just now I see before me two guys who keep working on Bf-109 what thoughs must appear in your minds? :)

Okay, I think it was a "lost in translation" sort of thing, saying his work on terrain was finished was taken out of context as something potentially going wrong, when really he was just saying he's done with his part on terrain. With some of the recent events perhaps we are a little "hair-trigger" at this point. Thanks for giving us a heads-up Yo-Yo.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

does that mean the fw190 is finished and they are moving onto the next aircraft ? :D

The decision not to start world war three was not taken in the Kremlin or White House, but in the sweltering control room of a russian submarine being depth charged by US destroyers during the Cuban missile crisis. In response Captain Valentin Savitsky ordered the B-59's ten kiloton nuclear torpedo to target the aircraft carrier USS Randolf,which would have been vaporised. This launch required the consent of all three Russian senior officers aboard, and only Vasili Arkhipov refused permission.

well, reading between the lines of what Ilya said in his 26th dev update

"The FW.190D-9, in the development of which our team is also taking part, will be completed first (no ETA, not up to me too announce)"

i think it is indeed finished, and only waiting in its hangar for its virgin flight until ED gives permission to take off.

• 2 months later...
It may be a bit out of place, but since we are already talking about the Dora, I was wondering if there will be a bare metal skin available like with the Mustang.

There is a default bare skin included within the current release of the P51.

Any more new for the "complete" terrain?

I would also love to see an update with some terrain pics. We had a bunch of them (last year?) and then it was all about the aircraft.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I would also love to see an update with some terrain pics. We had a bunch of them (last year?) and then it was all about the aircraft.

I'd also like to see some terrain shots. It appears the terrain modeler disappeared after suggesting he wasn't getting any cooperation from the new EDGE graphic development. :(