New Saitek X-55

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why, because the PAC doesnt engage before the cannon to stabilize firing?

I have no issues with putting rounds on target with the CH.

You have to time it right when PAC is on the other switch - too soon and you can't make minor stick corrections because PAC is doing its thing. It's doable with practice, of course.

The point is, why do we need to go through all of this when it's dead easy and natural with dual trigger?

They need to put dual stage trigger back in their sticks. It's beyond my comprehension why they degraded new series of HOTAS and removed dual stage trigger from both X65F and X55?

Mmm, yeah. Not impressed. I've played around with one the X-65 sticks over at Fry's and the buttons felt like they were just barely stuck on. Very cheap feel. Now it looks like they've cut out even more. Good stick for beginners but I think I'll keep looking at the Thrustmaster.

I've just pre-ordered the X55 through Amazon, and take a look at the estimated delivery date:

Estimated delivery: Jan. 30, 2014 - Feb. 6, 2014

:smilewink:

pre-ordered on Amazon (USA) already?? :music_whistling: I only see where you can sign up to be notified when it's ready for ordering, just like the Saitek site. :joystick:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

pre-ordered on Amazon (USA) already?? :music_whistling: I only see where you can sign up to be notified when it's ready for ordering, just like the Saitek site. :joystick:

Same here was looking the other day on amazon could not find nothing....

Is any one from USA interested only in throttle ?? We could split the cost ....pm meeee

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

Well, I placed my order on Wednesday and right after I placed my order, I received a conformation e-mail with estimated delivery date.

I've just checked Amazon, and you are right, Rhino is not available now.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

If you have the money, the warthog is the better choice, there is a reason why it costs so much :D

edit of course, you'll to drop some money at some rudder pedals too (or just use the keyboard :S) since the TM warthog has no twist rudder.

for the price of an x52 pro, i'd say the x-55 looks pretty well featured.

Lazy me still lacks rudder pedals so investment is pretty huge. Not that I'm short with money but using 550-600€ to simgear in one go scary me.

But as said this is some bang for bucks if you don't care mentioned flaws.

Well, I placed my order on Wednesday and right after I placed my order, I received a conformation e-mail with estimated delivery date.

well, hopefully you get yours within that target delivery date... :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

What was the price on Amazon, when you managed to lock in an order? $199?

just curious, as that I'm thinking of picking up this stick, when it's available.

What was the price on Amazon, when you managed to lock in an order? $199?

Yes, it was $199, + shipping $8.64 + tax $17.21, total $225.84.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Hi!

Is there a chance the X-55 throttle would be available alone?

I couldn't find a X-52 pro throttle for sale, even via eBay and it seems Saitek only sales the complete HOTAS? (apparently it can be used alone on it's own USB port - if I'm correct?)

I plan to buy a Warthog stick or a VBK Fat Black Mamba with the X-55 throttle if that's not too tricky.

Do you think it would be possible (I live in the Indian Ocean)?

Thanks!

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Yes, it was $199, + shipping $8.64 + tax $17.21, total $225.84.

Cool, thanks for confirming! Hopefully you get yours soon, so that you can provide a usage report. :thumbup:

Hi!

Is there a chance the X-55 throttle would be available alone?

I couldn't find a X-52 pro throttle for sale, even via eBay and it seems Saitek only sales the complete HOTAS? (apparently it can be used alone on it's own USB port - if I'm correct?)

I plan to buy a Warthog stick or a VBK Fat Black Mamba with the X-55 throttle if that's not too tricky.

Should by nice if Saitek sold only trottle - but probable this dont happen... market.

You dont have option to buy only X-52 throttle standalone, unless one that eventually apear in eBay, and YES you can use only X-52 throttle with another brand joystick.

The only standalone throttle available is CH PRO Throttle and

Gametrix ECS (only sold and Russian and CIS market).

WKB will sold a interface that allow you to combine a VKB mamba with Cougar, G940, Gametrix ECS... throttle as one USB device, the ThrottleBox:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=172908&d=1388258946

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=72100&page=108

For use Cougar throttle standalone use you have too the Realsimulator TUSBA option

http://www.realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html

Sokol1_Br

• Like 1

I have a g940 too. Had yhe throtle spike problem had the wireing replaced with more durrable cables. Also removed the washer and small rod in the middle of throtle grip.

Yes it has the plastic feel to it and at present the FFB simulitaion is broken it still better than anything i tried.

This is a personal view. If you fly helos its a must. If you fly jets it handy to feel the stall limit. If/when the ffb buv is sorted.

I know that the pedals will have the same problem as the throtle. I just have the wire replaced as well.

Hi, I have G940 and I am collecting all kind information to fix its known problems. Do you have photos or tips about that cable chance? As I have few times noticed that throttle Chinese hat doesn't want to react to 270-180 degree inputs when throttle was below afterburner bump so I am worried there is coming problem in my version too.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Fortunately, they've kindly highlighted the inclusion of the TERRIBLE "spring-and-plate" design that makes the X-52 line such garbage for precision flying. Thanks for making sure I know to ignore this product, Saitek. Always a pleasure.

Couldn't have said it better! Instead of investing in like, you know, hiring at least one real engineer, they invested in the marketing department. I knew it's the way Saitek is going for a while now. For example by the ridiculous Cyborg X (almost beats THE worst joystick in history - Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D Pro), then the Saitek insisting upon using the flawed centering in X-52 Pro.

The warthog stick is greatly overpriced (at least in Australia), its only $50-$100 difference in price between the stick, and the full HOTAS. So I think you would pay much more if you bought the warthog stick only, and the x-55 throttle only and get an inferior product.

exactly. you can buy the full Warthog HOTAS for $400, and get joystick only for $300... Might as well spend the full Monty at that rate.

I could easily believe that manufacturing cost of the stick exceeds that of the throttle.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Thanks for the help and the informations!

As I'm really interested in the VKB design, that's partly why I was considering buying a standalone throttle.

My hesitation regarding the Warthog is because I'd rather not have a full A-10C HOTAS replica, especially for the throttle, and because my current reseller only has the flight stick available (and no full WT HOTAS) (I live on a tiny island in the Indian ocean = wild shipping costs or no shipping available from a specific resellers). Even if I've read it's a great product.

Anyway, I'm currently considering that HOTAS as the best solution (availability-and-quality-wise).

I'm also slightly worried about the X-55 throttle quality (no hall-effect sensor) (despite the attractive number of rotaries and buttons/switches). I'll wait for your opinions and other reviews.

In the meanwhile, I will use a freshly ordered Logitech Extreme 3D pro for training.

Thanks again for your help and advices.

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I thought this would be a lot better than it seems to be.

I'll look forward to reading some reviews about this , but I have to say, it doesn't look like all that much of an upgrade from the X52/Pro.

We'll see.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

Ordered mine last night !!

As far as a second trigger that everybody has been ragging on..The "pinky paddle" is the second trigger..

Finally somebody comes out with a HOTAS that is low price ($223.49) compared to others and has tons of features and a great realistic design can't wait to fly the Huey with this stick.

Just the look alone is an upgrade from the X52/P

I ordered mine.

Not going to lie, I'm raging pretty hard about the non-dual stage trigger, but the HALL sensors, number of hat switches, and low price tag outweigh that con. Plus I can sell my X52 pro and X52 (lol) to recoup most of the price.

I ordered mine.

Not going to lie, I'm raging pretty hard about the non-dual stage trigger, but the HALL sensors, number of hat switches, and low price tag outweigh that con. Plus I can sell my X52 pro and X52 (lol) to recoup most of the price.

Don't sell your X-52 pro. Keep it for spare. I have two X-52 pro's, one is spare.