MFG Crosswind - Review

Hi samoo,

I've added you to the list - sorry, but no amount of words can take away the pain - hahahahaha:cry:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Wow Milan really is selling a lot of these things this quarter isn't he? Lol. I've been checking my email like a crazy person all month. I guess I will look forward to actually paying him in early April. I am glad this thread exists though, I'd be bugging Milan too much, and I don't want to take away from what time he has to spend making Crosswinds.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

I'm so happy with the feel and quality. There are some small "imperfections" around some holes where the laminate are ever so slightly chipped but that doesn't detriment the over all impression :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Sooo, Serial number 1900 shipped on next work day :)

I'd laugh if it was some kind of cruel April Fools joke from Milan.. and I might cry a little on the inside if it was from you.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Invoice received. Mine were a really nice birthday gift though, so I'll edit this post with serial # when I receive that information.

I'm also going to say here something similar to what I just said to Milan.

He never took more than a day to respond to any email inquiry throughout this entire process, even being as busy as might be indicated just by reading this thread over the last month. I don't vouch for people easily. It's been a pleasure doing business with Milan.

Spoiler

Invoice received. Mine were a really nice birthday gift though, so I'll edit this post with serial # when I receive that information.

I'm also going to say here something similar to what I just said to Milan.

He never took more than a day to respond to any email inquiry throughout this entire process, even being as busy as might be indicated just by reading this thread over the last month. I don't vouch for people easily. It's been a pleasure doing business with Milan.

Absolutely, I wish if there would be more people like him.

I had to put mine off a cpl months cause of the ole cancer bug...Asked milan to hold off but keep me in the loop...Well he had no prob keepin me on his list and finally a cpl weeks ago i asked him to put me back active..

Today i got my p/p bill...They are paid for as of now....In about 7 days they will ship and maybe another week to arrive...Cant wait to get started..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

HANSANGB...All good now bud...Feb 9th i was under the knife...6 days later i was on my way home..Almost 2 months now and im back to about 90%...Cant wait to go back to work later this week and try to recover what used to be my savings..lol..

HEADWARP..I totally aggree with everything you said..I cant say a bad word about milan..Been good to me and wish i could buy the man a cold one..

HANSANGB...All good now bud...Feb 9th i was under the knife...6 days later i was on my way home..Almost 2 months now and im back to about 90%...Cant wait to go back to work later this week and try to recover what used to be my savings..lol..

HEADWARP..I totally aggree with everything you said..I cant say a bad word about milan..Been good to me and wish i could buy the man a cold one..

Well it's good the first I'm hearing about is your recovery stranger. Hope you find some time off work to enjoy those pedals! Best of luck to you.

Spoiler

Headwarp..Have we chatted before,i dont reconize the name..

Just got my tracking # today so i figure atleast a week befoe i see it..Headin out this weekend to do some truckin and im guessing ill be home just in time or it will arrive just as i leave..lol..

Im in no rush cause i got a longggg ways to go in dsc and just as long to go into figureing out profiles for the TM WH and now peddles..

Either way,cant friggin wait..My serial # is S/N 1930

I still love my pedals.

I wonder if we can make a flight stick with the same kind of mechanism?

Or at least the base.. I know it will be large as the base, but the feel would be awesome.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

Headwarp..Have we chatted before,i dont reconize the name..

Just got my tracking # today so i figure atleast a week befoe i see it..Headin out this weekend to do some truckin and im guessing ill be home just in time or it will arrive just as i leave..lol..

Im in no rush cause i got a longggg ways to go in dsc and just as long to go into figureing out profiles for the TM WH and now peddles..

Either way,cant friggin wait..My serial # is S/N 1930

No sir, we haven't. Hence I said stranger. ;)

Updating thread to say my serial #'s = 1952

Spoiler

This thread can be used as therapeutic tool for everyone like me who is waiting for shipment. I've ordered on 13.1.2016

Well hope this helps ease your pain with impatience. The wait for these or so far projection for mine is like a month and a half and we don't get charged till they are ready to ship, I've got thousands hung up on other items that i had to pay full: one I've been waiting 8 months for now ... so this wait isn't bad for me. Cheers man.

Ex Alto Vincimus

Got a question for other Crosswind owners. I'm having a problem flying the Dora with the crosswinds and need to tone them down for this craft. They are just two responsive or sensitive for steady flight or most combat maneuvers. No problems with the Mustang or K-4 but the Dora I've had some problems adjusting to. Just wondering what others have done ... I hate messing with the MFG software side of it because it will change everything on other aircraft that I don't have a problem. I have lowered or changed curves on the DCS which helped some but looking for suggestions.

I have lowered or changed curves on the DCS which helped some but looking for suggestions.

That would be my first solution: Set a curve in DCS and adjust it so you feel comfortable. In most modules, I've set a curve of 15 for the rudders and that feels very good. Without curve, they're too responsive for my taste. Might work okay with a very tight spring, but I prefer to keep it soft to retain a lot of flexibility for the choppers, and I don't like screwing and unscrewing it for each module individually.

That said, I haven't flown the props in a while, but I don't recall that big a difference in yaw behavior between the Kurfürst and the Dora - both try to kill me on every take-off and landing in almost equal fashion. :D

That would be my first solution: Set a curve in DCS and adjust it so you feel comfortable. In most modules, I've set a curve of 15 for the rudders and that feels very good. Without curve, they're too responsive for my taste. Might work okay with a very tight spring, but I prefer to keep it soft to retain a lot of flexibility for the choppers, and I don't like screwing and unscrewing it for each module individually.

That said, I haven't flown the props in a while, but I don't recall that big a difference in yaw behavior between the Kurfürst and the Dora - both try to kill me on every take-off and landing in almost equal fashion. :D

15 curve is reducing it way to much ... especially on the ground with no airspeed. No wonder your have trouble on takeoff/landings. You have virtually no rudder input at all. I left X saturation alone at 100 and changed Y to 60 so I still have enough control on the ground but balance doing hammerheads or other combat maneuvers. I've tightened the spring quite a bit but may lower it for helos. I agree unscrewing over and over for each module isn't favorable.

15 curve is reducing it way to much ... especially on the ground with no airspeed. No wonder your have trouble on takeoff/landings. You have virtually no rudder input at all.

Errr, what are you talking about? Like I said, these values work very well for me, always have, and I see no relation between a well tuned rudder setting and the fact that high powered WWII props are very difficult to take-off and land in.

I also usually start with 0 curve in new aircraft, typically decide that it's impossible to fine-control, and then quickly settle on 15 (for joystick X and Y as well).

Putting a curve of 15 in sounds totally sensible to me too Yurgon. All you are doing is reducing the initial input, which, in flight. gives you a much more controllable co-ordination of turns.

On the ground, using much larger rudder deflections anyway, you'll have all the control you need.

Just leave the saturation alone, and it works very well indeed.

• Like 1