MFG Crosswind - Review

Exellent news Milan, thanks for sharing!

I am really curious on the comment on the gimbal design...

Happy New Year!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Great news Milan, eagerly awaiting your official announcement :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Milan, your timing couldn't be better! :thumbup:

Up until now I've used the Warthog as a side-stick on the desk but more and more I feel that using it as a center-stick with extension will be the way to go. Knowing the MFG Crosswinds quality first hand (or rather: first foot :D) I don't need any reviews to know the extensions will be absolutely worth it. Can't wait to order one. ;)

When using extender, be aware about this..http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144993..it happend to me after 2 years of use with extender...and one case of ipad falling on my stick..now somebody needs to make cheap replacement for that crappy piece that tm used in warthog stick

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

It's just very unnatural for me. Everything I've ever had the privilege to be at the controls of has had me put my heels on the floor, and that is very much ingrained into how I fly. I think I'd be willing to give it a shot, but if my only safety net is hoping to get a decent resale out of them if I don't like it, then I'm not sure I'm interested in the steep initial investment. I'd rather have crappy Saitek Pro Combat or Cessna pedals. But we'll see... Thanks for the info.

It's not a problem using the default footplates with a heel-on-floor approach. I do it all the time when flying the helos. Just adjust the angle of the footplates to make it comfortable.

I know I may sound curmudgeonly (great word, and sadly it applies to me more and more often these days) and I don't mean to. I am sure these pedals will meet my needs. Thanks for all of the input, it's truly helpful. Now I just need to present my case to my Chief Financial Officer (wife) for approval. Should be okay, she was about to buy me a set of Bose A20's for Christmas before I stopped her to redirect the money elsewhere.

Time to talk to the boss and get the OK. I tried my heels on the floor also and you could do it, but I would put my money on it that if you try full feet on pedals with a comfortable adjustment that you will never go back. Keep in mind that the Crosswinds are so incredibly sensitive and precise around the center position, there is no center detent bump, that there is no need to have your heels on the door to make those precise movements. There just is not a good enough way to explain with words how Milans' Crosswinds eclipse Saiteks ' and most other type of pedals I would imagine. Once you get the money together, it took me around 2 years to save and comitt, you will impatiently wait and wonder whether you made a good decision. Once you receive your Crosswinds you will know within less than 2 hours that you indeed made a wise investment that increases the emersion and enjoyment of flight simming as a whole. Can you tell I like my Crosswinds? Try them in ROF as they really shine in WWI Warbirds. Now if we could just get Milan to complete the engineering and start producing a high end Hotas, we flight simmers would be broke, but in Heaven on the earth.:megalol:

S!Blade<><

WHAT!!! High End Hotas!!!!! Jesus mary n Joseph i just spent a hunk of cash on my dx racer chair,warthog hostas and awaiting my crosswinds and now this gets mentioned..Like WTF man!!!

LOL at this rate ill never get to retire..lol

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Mine are Serial No. 003 located in Germany.

Sorry can't give any date on when I ordered them , there was not even a Website back then. According to Milans thread ,showing the first few prototype pictures on SimHQ Forums, I showed my interest in obtaining a Set in May 2013. I recieved them somewhere around mid August 2013.

List updated and will be uploaded soon:thumbup:

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

Colorado, USA

i7-5820K 3.30Ghz | Asus X99-S | Sapphire R290X | R7 240 | 16GB DDR4 PC4 2800MHz | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD (DCS) | Noctua NH-D14 2011 Cooler | OCZ ZT 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular PSU | NZXT Phantom Enthusiast | 3 x IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" | 1 x Dell S2240T 21.5" Touch Screen | Windows 10 64-Bit | AMD Eyefinity 5760 x 1080 | TrackIR5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind 1771 | Vaicom Pro + VA (Licensed) | Sennheiser Game Zero | Honeycomb Yoke (June 2020)]

I ordered my on oct 29th this yr..Got a msg they will be on the way in jan..I think milan is on vaca till the 7th..
Thanks - List updated :thumbup:

Beeroshima,

Too late... I have just purchased the first 1000 :)

LOL

I know I may sound curmudgeonly (great word, and sadly it applies to me more and more often these days) and I don't mean to. I am sure these pedals will meet my needs. Thanks for all of the input, it's truly helpful. Now I just need to present my case to my Chief Financial Officer (wife) for approval. Should be okay, she was about to buy me a set of Bose A20's for Christmas before I stopped her to redirect the money elsewhere.

My wife said well how much do they cost ... I said 256 then lowered my voice to say Euros. I live in the US so I'll play dumb to the conversion rate then the bill comes along which will be close to my birthday anyways. I'll just be a real good boy for the next couple of months.

I hope they release the extensions before my order comes up because I may just have them throw it in there also.

Edited by fastfreddie

My wife said well how much do they cost ... I said 256 then lowered my voice to say Euros. I live in the US so I'll play dumb to the conversion rate then the bill comes along which will be close to my birthday anyways.

Must be why they call you " fastfreddie".

:lol:

Congrats, they will be so worth the wait, you are going to love them.

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My wife said well how much do they cost ... I said 256 then lowered my voice to say Euros. I live in the US so I'll play dumb to the conversion rate then the bill comes along which will be close to my birthday anyways. I'll just be a real good boy for the next couple of months.

I hope they release the extensions before my order comes up because I may just have them throw it in there also.

"Honey, those rat bastards upcharged me on the Euro conversion. CLEARLY, if it was upfront, I would have known about it. Trust me, I'm *MORE PISSED* about it than you. I've got a half a mind to pack this up and send it RIGHT back. But then I'll have to pay for return international shipping, and insurance....." :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

"Honey, those rat bastards upcharged me on the Euro conversion. CLEARLY, if it was upfront, I would have known about it. Trust me, I'm *MORE PISSED* about it than you. I've got a half a mind to pack this up and send it RIGHT back. But then I'll have to pay for return international shipping, and insurance....." :D

Yes, the shipping charges ... forgot to mention that additional charge or the Cam5/Width adjustment sets I added to the order in case I ever needed them. This will end up falling into the its better to ask forgiveness than permission category.

I know I may sound curmudgeonly

To save others also looking this one up...

Curmudgeon

archaic

miser

crusty

ill-tempered

usually old man

But, apart from that, a really nice guy!

LOL

:smartass:

Nearly two weeks with the MFG's here and only can say that I can't live without them.. since the first moment I feel a big difference with my previous pedals and in the first 5 minutes I was doing maneuvers that were inimaginable for me with the old pedals.. And the best is that my girlfriend didn't notice them ( I take the care of move the old g940 set to the storage room where she never is going to find them ) so everything is running perfect here.. Now need to think what's the next purchase should be.. :lol:

Yes, and as a public service to all mankind (I mean that literally), Milan should consider making these in all black. Helps to swap it out with other rudders. LOL.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yes, and as a public service to all mankind (I mean that literally), Milan should consider making these in all black. Helps to swap it out with other rudders. LOL.
Shouldn't worry about what colour Milan makes them... all it's gonna take is for your Mrs to start doing a bit of Spring cleaning and yours are gonna be on Ebay :megalol:

I've had some time to play with my set and i'm really happy about the rudders.

Now, this is my first set of rudders ever (been using a twist joystick before i got a Warthog) so I can't really compare with any other rudder set, but learning to fly on these has been a really wonderful experience. They're very precise and flying the aircraft with them (especially the prop planes) is really intuitive and you kind of "feel" them almost instantly. That said, I've still a lot to learn and am far from being an expert, but using these pedals feels very natural almost at once and allows for some really precise and minute adjustments. Nothing really new or what the other guys have not said before, I know, just adding one more voice to it :)

Also the build quality is really good, packaging was very nice so there's no chance it seems of the item getting damaged in transport and Milan has responded really quickly to any questions I might have.

Anyway, one more happy customer here :)

I've had some time to play with my set and i'm really happy about the rudders.

Now, this is my first set of rudders ever (been using a twist joystick before i got a Warthog) so I can't really compare with any other rudder set, but learning to fly on these has been a really wonderful experience. They're very precise and flying the aircraft with them (especially the prop planes) is really intuitive and you kind of "feel" them almost instantly. That said, I've still a lot to learn and am far from being an expert, but using these pedals feels very natural almost at once and allows for some really precise and minute adjustments. Nothing really new or what the other guys have not said before, I know, just adding one more voice to it :)

Also the build quality is really good, packaging was very nice so there's no chance it seems of the item getting damaged in transport and Milan has responded really quickly to any questions I might have.

Anyway, one more happy customer here :)

I have to agree completely, I got mine Christmas Eve but have only recently had the time to assemble and set them up. The assembly was much easier than I had imagined (or worried). The youtube video was easy to follow. The calibration went fine. These are m very first set of pedals also, I sold a hardly used steering wheel to help fund them. It really does change the whole experience of flying using pedals instead of twist grip, it feels a lot immersive, I'm sure it will take some practice but so far I'm loving them. I'd rated them 10/10!

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.