MFG Crosswind - Review

Well I ordered mine a couple weeks ago, guess they means I'll get the new color, which I quite like.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Tie fighter pilot black?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Tie fighter pilot black?

What ever you call it, black hardware/appliance is always good.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

OMG these look really awesome!

I mean it doesn't really matter. My feet rest on them, I know the mechanics and electronics are absolutely top-notch, and the "old" white ones do look great in any case. But man do they look better in that graphite black. If I ever have too much money, I might order another set and put the old ones up for sale. ;)

Yep, it's a new graphite/black color that we start producing now in August. It's just the color and a slight, barely noticable redesign of the footrests ( grey models produced since May also have this slight redesign on footrests but nothing dramatic).

Starting from August we offer a color option - customers can choose to buy in mild grey or graphite color.... will update our website regarding news

Enjoy

Milan

Hey Milan...

Like many here I was waiting for your F-16 style pedals that you said you were working on. When are you releasing them ?:helpsmilie:

Please provide an update on those.

BTW the new graphite/black colour looks awesome...:thumbup:

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

They look great Milan, I just received my 2nd pair not long ago. Might have to order a 3rd :)

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

I just received mine yesterday :pilotfly:

20160803_065720.jpg

20160803_065747.jpg

20160803_065810.jpg

I like the new color and thanks Milan for your great work

i7-6700K | MSI Z170A Gaming M7 | Dominator 32GB 3000MHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING Z | 2TB SSD & 1TB HDD | Acer H277HU 27" WQHD | Audeze Mobius | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Pro

Would love to have a set in the black, however since I own a set that would be a serious extravagance, I am actually more interested in the F-16 style pedals, if that option is still in the works.

Oh yes, a F16 style pedal would be great!

Damn - all this talk about the Crosswind pedals here is making me want some too :D

But my combat pedals are still good .. sooo ... hmmm ....

Your combat pedals might SEEM good, but when you try these, you'll wonder how you ever managed without them.

*cough* BRD *cough*

Seems to me that BRD is more of a hobby and MFG is business.

But both who are passionate about their product.

It's just easier with MFG because it ships, there is a website, and it's, well, easier to order it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

BRD is big in Russia, I'll admit MFG has a larger presence and certainly makes it easier to order.

Interestingly Baur @ BRD actually helped Milan with the MFG Crosswind pedals design.

If ease of purchase is your main concern then MFG wins. But I had zero issues ordering my BRD pedals and it was all sorted after a few messages to Baur. :thumbup:

Is there an in-depth review of BRD pedals? The Milan video showing all the features is great --- you really see all the adjustments possible, from foot position, angle, tension, return-to-center-force, and the all important cams for strong vs. soft center detent. I could not find anything similar for BRD pedals ...

[EDIT: if there isn't it would be great if you could do one! Though either way, probably better to do this in separate thread, creating a new one if none such exists!]

Edited by Bearfoot

BRD is big in Russia, I'll admit MFG has a larger presence and certainly makes it easier to order.

Interestingly Baur @ BRD actually helped Milan with the MFG Crosswind pedals design.

If ease of purchase is your main concern then MFG wins. But I had zero issues ordering my BRD pedals and it was all sorted after a few messages to Baur. :thumbup:

There's more to it than ease. But that's a litmus test for anyone ordering, no? If you're new to this, where would you order it? Case in point is even if you google for it, there's no easy way of placing the order. You have to figure out the email address, etc. That immediately puts doubts into a new buyer. For those who are familiar, it's not an issue. I'm not putting Baur down, I'm just saying he doesn't seem serious about expanding beyond his current niche. That's he's prerogative and and I wish him the best of luck.

Like I said before, I'm all for people like Milan and Baur who expand my enjoyment of flying in DCS.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

There isn't such a thing for the BRD pedals unfortunately, but I've discussed this with Baur and I have agreed to create one for him to show off the pedals to the english speaking community. I'll create a thread for them soon :)

I agree with you 100%! I can't speak for Baur obviously, but there is reasons for this. He does a number of products including a damn fine flight stick (which I'm hoping to upgrade to soon from my VKB) and his hands are full with just the Russian side of things.

back on topic now!

Yeah would be interesting to see a hands on video review for BRD on a new thread... Exciting times for simmers...

@Milan...

Still waiting for the F16 type pedals before placing an order for your MFG Crosswinds...

Please provide an update to the community whether the plans are still on or canned....

Rooting for you mate but a bit dissapointed due to lack of updates...

Sent from my A210 using Tapatalk

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Seems to me that BRD is more of a hobby and MFG is business.

Indeed, BAUR can't finance a continuous production, only small batches - perhaps based on pre-order like VKB used to do before Gladiator line.

Laser cut parts are ordered from 3rd part - what perhaps require minimum quantities, schedule machines availability...

Dont know, but looks that make pedals/gimbals is not their primary occupation, so is a "hobby". :)

Only recently he engage a guy to help in sales for Russian market.

Add to this language barriers, difficult for payments - no PayPal like option for him - and difficult to send goods for American market due the "Putin against world" or "World against Putin" thing. ;)

--snippage -

>

Add to this language barriers, difficult for payments - no PayPal like option for him - and difficult to send goods for American market due the "Putin against world" or "World against Putin" thing. ;)

=================>

^- this is a ten foot pole. I'm not going to touch it! :) It's an idiom in the States.

Just sell it through Milan. Partner up, and both can make money. Problem solved! :) No, seriously.....you guys should consider it!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

OK,

I have also brought me these things.

Had to wait 14 days and after a few hours, the rubber sheets are loose.

And the cost for 320 euros ...

Super MFG :thumbup:

What did you bought and what rubber sheets?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

This sheets rubber feet. See red circle.

Mine are black.

Sorry for that. Rubber feet are simple parts with pre-glued surface that we "stick" to our pedals...and it might happen that pedals weren't properly wiped/cleaned before gluing rubber.

We have recently replaced a worker in production...and while I personally inspect all pedals before packing there is always a possibility to miss something. I never thought on checking rubber feet adhesion :-)

So...if any of you recieved pedals with similar glitch please REPORT TO ME. I will gladly send replacement parts, and , very important to me, I will prevent such things from happening again and improve/modify our design or production principles for next batch of MFG Crosswinds. After all, that's the way we introduce small improvements over time on MFG Crosswinds.

REGARDING F-16 style footrests :

- yes, these are still planed, and we are getting close. From day we started producing MFG's our priority was to produce enough so we can have at least small stock, and we still don't have stock, but with introduction of new machines at start of 2016 and getting new workers more and more qualified we are slowly getting there !...

- I know there were lack of updates, mostly because I had to deal with all sorts of "production workflow" and workers education, and because I was working on many other projects , doing customer relationship and ordering stuff all by myself. We employed another worker to help me out with these and voila... I have some time to read forums again, take some pictures, introduce new color, started sales of our MFG Warthog extensions, finished firmware for universal joystick controller...more things to come.

We are currently working on finishing our own webshop...after that, you can expect more frequent updates from MFG Team !!!

Thank you for your patience with me regarding introduction of F-16 style footrests... we will get there soon

P.S. Very important correction regarding me and Baur BRD !!!!

- I was in contact with Baur on forums, very nice guy. I really appreciate his contribution to flight simulation community...that's all. Baur BRD DID NOT HELP ME WITH MFG CROSSWIND DESIGN.... but we did share same electronics producer, and yes, BAUR had produced pedals before MFG...that's a FACT. Later on we switched from hobby to business, introduced our own electronics in V2 model

I belive we made a better design, appreciated by the community better, made it more available around the world...and by now...PROVEN TROUGH TIME ...and that's a FACT !!!

I wish Baur all the best. We kind of need to push each other to create a better products for us all. Unlike some others, me and Baur always behaved like gentelmen so I can only say Salute ! If someone like Baur design better, for whatever reason, I am happy to hear that :-)

Sorry for that. Rubber feet are simple parts with pre-glued surface that we "stick" to our pedals...and it might happen that pedals weren't properly wiped/cleaned before gluing rubber.

We have recently replaced a worker in production...and while I personally inspect all pedals before packing there is always a possibility to miss something. I never thought on checking rubber feet adhesion :-)

So...if any of you recieved pedals with similar glitch please REPORT TO ME. I will gladly send replacement parts, and , very important to me, I will prevent such things from happening again and improve/modify our design or production principles for next batch of MFG Crosswinds. After all, that's the way we introduce small improvements over time on MFG Crosswinds.

Good and detailed statement.

The standalone capability must be improved.

The balance should be spread to all four carriers and center of the base.

The front spacers are meaningless for me, but practical.

The rubber feet must be secured with screws, because very strong pressure comes down.

Instead of rubber feet are anti-slip feet for carpets better.

rubber-001.jpg.36c6a773cfe750fa3ca7bb9e3942f0f1.jpg