Slingload mission wiht 1.2.8 Open Beta

SimFreak

Well, that was probably the hardest thing I think I've ever done in a flight sim :)

Thanks for the mission. Any tips?

BIG +1 :D

IMHO Im not bad heli pilot, but it took approx ten minutes of hovering around to hook up my first load, air refueling is a piece of cake, a childs play compared to this :music_whistling: ;)

Wow, this totally rocks! Can't believe how hard it is to fly the Huey with a sling load. I guess it'll take a good long while until we can deliver x-mas trees like that guy from the video.

For starters:

5000 lbs is definitely too heavy. I just couldn't get into ETL, and there was absolutely no way to hover this load into the air.

Screen_140405_022136.thumb.jpg.03bedb88aeb104bb9f20731824b6eb4d.jpg

Delivering 500, 1000 and 2000 lbs. I broke the 1000 lbs package, but 2 out of 3 on the second attempt at sling loading doesn't seem too bad:

Screen_140405_024923.thumb.jpg.6d751db6c58b7dc32a921d0857bae137.jpg

Having a blast so far. Great work, ED + BST! :thumbup:

Wow, those armed guards really get mad when you drop their cargo shipment of Playstation 4s, Xbox 1s, and Nintendo 64s.

Thanks for mission that is fun. Sometimes it's like a giant hand is trying to rock me to sleep.

Great! Thank you!

A question, though: why must a static cargo explicitely marked as cargo in the ME? ... will there be more "potential cargos" available? Perhaps even every object (within weight constrains) could be choosen to be "cargoable" one day? :o)

absolutely AWSOME!!! :D

one bug i seen:

After you attach the Cargo, the helicopter has the weight already on the hook, so you have to pull the collective pretty hard. But the Line is still lose and the Cargo on the ground...

Is it possible to change the Ropelenght?

Thing is that now we have to hover over a much smaller area, whilst looking at the cargo cam, and monitor visual cues on the instrument panel as well as the outside (which is partly obscured by the cargo cam) to hover correctly.

I.e. a bit of a sensory overload.

that problem description is a bit vague? :o)

tried a reinstall ,nothing my end for sling loads, no clue whats going on here.

sling load camera does not work for me,

or does the hook unhook key commands.

do u get a sound effect of loads being hooked up?

Edited by diveplane

tried a reinstall ,nothing my end for sling loads, no clue whats going on here.

sling load camera does not work for me,

or does the hook unhook key commands.

do u get a sound effect of loads being hooked up?

You followed the instructions in the manual (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2035161&postcount=5)? I haven't tried to hook up the cargo by hovering over it, yet, so I can't comment on the cargo cam. But what I have read here so far is, that the parameters for this are quite restrictive.

But landing close (really close) to the cargo and hooking it (CTRL+L?) worked for me, though.

But all without sound - and I think, that it is supposed to not have a sound effect (what sound does a hook make? *click*?)

Edited by Flagrum