Slingload mission wiht 1.2.8 Open Beta

SimFreak

I've had great fun doing this. As I'm using the oculus rift I can't use the cargo cam. It would be great if we had an audio Q. A voice alert on the intercom would be awesome. Load master "cargo attached" or something similar. Especially as hook and unhook are mapped to the same switch its hard to know if I am hooked up and then dropping the cargo again (by repeated attempts and pressing the same button twice).

Edited by Frusheen

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I've had great fun doing this. As I'm using the oculus rift I can't use the cargo cam. It would be great if we had an audio Q. A voice alert on the intercom would be awesome. Load master "cargo attached" or something similar. Especially as hook and unhook are mapped to the same switch its hard to know if I am hooked up and then dropping the cargo again (by repeated attempts and pressing the same button twice).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122531

Excellent. Thanks for the link Flagrum. I look forward to trying this.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Guy's......there's a bug with the cargo cam.

You need to turn it on at least once BEFORE you pick up your first load. If you don't then the cam won't work after that.

They have already fixed this, but it hasn't been released yet. I'm guessing it will come out in a beta update or the 1.2.8 final release.

I did get all this info here on the forums but I look at so many threads I can't honestly remember which one it was now to post a link to it.....sorry.

Cargo is great eh!!!

Anyone else notice at the end of the special missions section of the manual it says something about troop carrying and it's WIP :thumbup:

This Huey of ours just keeps getting better and better.

Ok now for more practice :joystick:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Ok here's my efforts so far....

Great mission :thumbup:

Huey Cargo Sling Practice.trk

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Gotta say I've been very happy with sling loading so far! It takes a great amount of practice to do it while hovering. It's a nice you can land next to it as well.

So far as stated in the bug section of the forum them small kinks need to be worked out but other things that I'd like to see come in time is different cargo. Also maybe allowing us to raise or lower the cable?

With that said, I play on a 42 inch LED TV, And trying to hover while looking at the top right part of the screen for the cam then back over to the top left to see if you're at the right height and anything is even happening is rather tough.

In time I know I'll just feel it out to know what's right. But I would love more control over that silly camera It's far to big and I'd personally rather it be in the bottom right corner so I can keep better sight of the ground under me.

Would LOVE to see this come for the Mi-8 as well.

Amazing work and if Troop transport is coming as well, Even better!

Is the UH-1H equipped with a cargo camera IRL? Or is it present in the game just to make our life more easier? And how did the early pilots of the Huey coped without it when ferrying sling loads?

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Is the UH-1H equipped with a cargo camera IRL? Or is it present in the game just to make our life more easier? And how did the early pilots of the Huey coped without it when ferrying sling loads?

they have a extra guy in the back called a crew chief sticks his head out the side , via radio comms guides

the pilot into position and hover, also monitors the load during flight.

also keep in mind theres crews on the ground to hook the sling load up as well.

am hoping we can get this feature added into the huey = crew chief call outs.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/US_Navy_051103-M-6538A-004_U.S._Marine_Corps_Staff_Sgt._Michael_Chaloupka,_a_UH-1N_Huey_crew_chief_assigned_to_Marine_Light_Attack_Helicopter_Squadron_One_Six_Seven_(HML-A-167),_scans_the_desert_.jpg

http://media.dma.mil/2008/Aug/28/236032/600/400/0/080828-M-0007C-938.jpg

Edited by diveplane

Thanks for the Mission SimFreak.

yeay!, after 1 hour of practice and nearly giving up in frustration, I managed to hover over the load long enough to pick it up

attachment.php?attachmentid=96724&stc=1&d=1397259464

Why did you have to park so many vehicles around it made it even harder!

Cargo Cam worked fine for me (I have mapped it to my HOTAS Stick)

attachment.php?attachmentid=96725&stc=1&d=1397259332

I didn't know where to drop the load off so I just put it (Smashed it more like) near the fuel trucks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=96726&stc=1&d=1397259332

My load did have a funny few minutes and clipped throught the ground for a while when I hit it hard on the ground, Hopefully they can fix this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=96727&stc=1&d=1397259699

it would take me so much practice to get persistently good but over all a very challenging and fun experience, I love DCS!

Screen_140412_002259.thumb.jpg.0b6c876acb80bca5af49d64977409c5d.jpg

Screen_140412_002321.thumb.jpg.ef8211456b458d56e9b531b5fd668be9.jpg

Screen_140412_002819.thumb.jpg.87f2c97b0831df50fc34ad766dd7b55d.jpg

Screen_140412_002537.thumb.jpg.d0723f7ac86b8f9ea489a261e98ac2c4.jpg

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I have a question that I meant to try out - Can you put a cargo package on the deck of a ship so it can be sling loaded to shore?

Would that be an awesome challenge? Or vice versa - from shore to a ship?

I doubt it can be done but would be great to add in =)

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I have a question that I meant to try out - Can you put a cargo package on the deck of a ship so it can be sling loaded to shore?

Would that be an awesome challenge? Or vice versa - from shore to a ship?

I doubt it can be done but would be great to add in =)

A ship, yes. A moving ship? Most likely no.

Unfortunately you can't place a cargo container on a ship in the editor and if you sling one out onto it, it disappears as soon as you unhook =(

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals