MB-339A/PAN by Frecce Tricolori Virtuali (ONLY COMPATIBLE with DCS World 2.5.6)

I just want to quickly say that I overlooked this plane because there are so many modules in DCS that I don't have time to fly. Well that was a big mistake! I downloaded the MB-339A last night and fell in love with her! This is such an incredible module and I can tell the developers poured their hearts into her... Not only does it look right but it feels right on the ground and in the air. That is saying something when compared to the mighty DCS modules. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Bello e spiritoso pure... Buon Natale a tutti voi, con i migliori saluti.

Nice and humorous too... Merry Christmas to all of you.

With best regards.

Merry Xmas to you and your team.

I downloaded and flew the MB 339 yesterday and it was a blast especially in vr.

Not really too fond of aircraft analogue avionic but the MB 339 is quite amazing.

I am yet to fully explore the aircraft but the few minutes I was in it has been fun.

The music that plays in the background in the aerobatic mission(Instant Mission) so nice and enjoyable.

I will be perusing the manual to learn more about the aircraft.

Kudos to you guys for this remarkable mod in dcs.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Questo filmato merita semplicemente un post pieno di :thumbup:

Grazie per averlo condiviso, Aracno... è meraviglioso e tutti voi avete molto talento! Non ci sono parole per la qualità del vostro addestramento, naturalmente.

Con i migliori saluti.

It's simply worth of a post full of :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for sharing this, Aracno... it's awesome and all of you are very skilled! Not enough words about the quality of your training, of course.

With best regards.

Superb!:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

This truly is a great mod,.

Could you please help me out with a problem regards to Kneeboards.

I've created my own kneeboards as well as having downloaded others and unlike other modules, they are not showing up ingame. (curiously enough the only kneeboard page showing up ingame is page 102 of the manual, no other pages).

I've put the png files into my Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard folder and in there I've created a folder called MB-339PAN and dropped the png files (550x800 like my others) in there as per instructions. Other kneeboards show fine but not the MB339.

I've also tried jpeg variations and put them directly into the Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard folder (not in a specific aircraft folder to see if the kneeboards show up in all other modules which they do).

I've also tried dropping them into Saved Games/DCS/Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD/pages but again they don't show.

Any help would be wonderful. I'll send an example of one of my kneeboard pages.

Thank you in advance.

Baz

a05_start_up_taxi.thumb.jpg.a4dba24d01c08a54c2a6115b3ca7dc9f.jpg

c08_takeoff_vfr.thumb.jpg.ec13bf62843516cf11be6087372d2406.jpg

v04_landing_vfr.thumb.jpg.5277a3777eb3c78a952b41f9a5a7e820.jpg

Edited by skybaby68

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

This truly is a great mod,.

Could you please help me out with a problem regards to Kneeboards.

I've created my own kneeboards as well as having downloaded others and unlike other modules, they are not showing up ingame. (curiously enough the only kneeboard page showing up ingame is page 102 of the manual, no other pages).

I've put the png files into my Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard folder and in there I've created a folder called MB-339PAN and dropped the png files (550x800 like my others) in there as per instructions. Other kneeboards show fine but not the MB339.

I've also tried jpeg variations and put them directly into the Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard folder (not in a specific aircraft folder to see if the kneeboards show up in all other modules which they do).

I've also tried dropping them into Saved Games/DCS/Mods/aircraft/MB-339PAN/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD/pages but again they don't show.

Any help would be wonderful. I'll send an example of one of my kneeboard pages.

Thank you in advance.

Baz

I have the same problem reported some week ago.

At the moment MB339 doesn't support custom kneeboards. It is on the todo list, but there is no estimation when it will be fixed.

Really nice Kneeboard pictures! Can you send me the original size please?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Great mod.

Is Tacan or any other navigational system implemented in the MB 339. I cannot rotate the tacan knob on the right hand console.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I have the same problem reported some week ago.

At the moment MB339 doesn't support custom kneeboards. It is on the todo list, but there is no estimation when it will be fixed.

Really nice Kneeboard pictures! Can you send me the original size please?

Ah great that it's on the to do list as it's such an awesome mod. Being a VR flyer I make my own custom kneeboards covering various procedures and stupidly I went ahead and made the kneeboards without 1st checking that it was working in the plane or not. (I just assumed it was).

These are actual size and I make them as 550x800 jpegs but if you'd still like them I could always upload them to my dropbox.

i9 14900K - ROG Maximus Z790 Hero - GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4090 - 64GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 XMP - Samsung 4TB SSD - Pimax Crystal - Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle & Joystick - VirPil AH-64D Grip - Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals 

Mission custom kneeboard surely works :smilewink:

81630121_10218477267757060_5633015587715153920_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=R38AwaMeu0IAQlwhIrlI1fII1VmGs-kzxmdW5P3eU0TMkbYjxNeSpZH-g&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=4df2737531e8aeb78101eb04c6da995a&oe=5EA7C3C1

That's interesting. Although I've never used mission kneeboards and wouldn't know how to install them or get them to show.

Is it an easy process?

Hi guys,

The nav system is not inolemented yet but we are working on it.

The kneeboard is fixed but not released yet, we have to check if it works with custom kneeboard. If yes, we will evaluate to release a small fix.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

Awesome news. :)

Appreciate all your work on the beautiful MB-339 model. Do you have a rough idea of when the next update might happen for shared cockpit? Additional systems synchronization? Many thanks!
Unfortunately not for now.

Our efforts are focused on the finalization of all systems and no forecast is available yet.

Frecce Tricolori Virtuali - EFM coder

That's interesting. Although I've never used mission kneeboards and wouldn't know how to install them or get them to show.

Is it an easy process?

Yes look at this

BTW I have fixed the kneeboard and send the modified lua to Duke.

You wont be able to see any kneeboard before the new update anyway.

In the meantime I've created a new mini-campaign ( 6 missions ) set in Caucasus that will be available once navigation systems are done. It can also be played with NS430 of course.

4 of this mission will be also converted for COOP.

:cry:

Yes look at this

BTW I have fixed the kneeboard and send the modified lua to Duke.

You wont be able to see any kneeboard before the new update anyway.

In the meantime I've created a new mini-campaign ( 6 missions ) set in Caucasus that will be available once navigation systems are done. It can also be played with NS430 of course.

4 of this mission will be also converted for COOP.

Hmm this is very strange. I tried this per video last week and it didn't work for me. I open a mission file (miz) using both winrar and then 7Zip, created a folder called 'KNEEBOARD' then inside that created a folder called 'IMAGES' dropped my 550x880 standard kneeboard-sized PNG files into IMAGES but didn't work. (Curiously for me, I can't seem to get mission-specific kneeboards to show on any aircraft). Something I must be doing wrong somewhere.

I do have to say I get completely bamboozled and confused at 07:00 on the video when this other guy comes over the top and tells you to do it in a completely different way but the screen goes black

Edited by skybaby68