What if the missus won't let you have a home cockpit

Dave317

So here's the situation. You really want a full size home cockpit but your wife would first laugh at you then divorce you for making 'that thing' in her house. Hmmmm what to do?

Ladies and gentlemen i give to you the mk 1 office cockpit/chair.

100_0107_zps7d00cb6a.jpg

Why that's no good, i hear you cry, she won't let us keep that in 'her house'.

TA DA

100_0109_zps4f0d0c7d.jpg

Fold it all away in seconds and it's back to the normal chair again.

What do you reckon?:)

• Like 1

Very nice. Love the chair.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• ED Team

nice solution :thumbup:

The wife gave up with me in the end, she either deals with it, or she is out lol :music_whistling:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When I retrimmed my lotus a few years ago I bought 2 of these seats. One of them had a tiny tear on the underside so they sent me another. I sewed up the tear and fitted it to the base of the chair I had been using. The stick mount is made from a piece of 5mm aluminium plate that I cut and filed into shape. Recoilfx that is amazing! Very ingenius.

so recoil your kind of little?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Time for a new wife...upgrade. :D

Way to unpredictable if you ask me...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

nice solution :thumbup:

The wife gave up with me in the end, she either deals with it, or she is out lol :music_whistling:

:megalol:

My wife knows it's my hobby, I'm at home and not out doing something dumb or wasting money.

If she loves him then she'll make do. We moved into a smaller house and I have to figure out where I'm gonna put my pit. She said the best place might be our room. If it goes there, I can't fly at night.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I just told 'herself' it's what keeps me out of the pub's and my buddies away from the house... Check bio for 'sim pit' albumn....

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

• 3 years later...

Could you share how you did that?

I believe this would be perfect for me and my wifes space problems haha

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

I upgraded to wife 2.0 and everything runs a lot smoother with better graphics and smarter systems implementation. Also came with a bigger house and no nagging DLC.

I do like the fold away mounts, well done.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Nice work on the pit.

Personally my solution for the wife would be shoot, shovel, and shut up. (joking of course)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet