How to retract the gears?

stray cat

If you broke the 600km/h IAS before you tried to raise the gear, gears will "brake" (no more movements).

Raise them below 600km/h. Same goes for extraction.

Training missions are nice, you might want to try few.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was using the procedure, but gears got damaged probably because of a bouncy take off.

Training missions are not a good idea, because fps suck so bad.

In the first training mission my fps drops to 15 in the cockpit just because there is an mi24 taking off near. I get 35-50 on an empty map.

Just curious as I'm still waiting for my DCSW download to finish, is it voiced over?

No Yoyo, unfortunately...

Four of us were stretching all over the place to get it prepared as much as possible. With no resources we could not afford additional personnel to take care of the voicing the missions and campaign. Now that would be really cool...

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No Yoyo, unfortunately...

Four of us were stretching all over the place to get it prepared as much as possible. With no resources we could not afford additional personnel to take care of the voicing the missions and campaign. Now that would be really cool...

That said, however, it is planned. Even if it is my girly squeaky voice. :D

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On the danger of starting a realism debate: Is there anything planned in the direction of a "gear up/down" keyboard shortcut...? :p

I thought there were. Shift G or Alt G or Shift Alt G or Shift CTRL Alt G or something like that.. It's like Twister for your fingers...

:lol:

:D I guess screw me for not looking here or reading the manual first before I took off in the 21, maybe my first flight would have been longer.

Takeoff wasn't a problem though the shaking did make me think I was going to wreck at any moment. Of course my gear didn't go up. Kept hitting G to raise it. I figured there was a lever I had to hit before raising the gear. Because I didn't RTFM I didn't know which lever to hit and just started clicking on things near the gear indicator.

Well I never found the lever to unlock the gear but I did find out which one I shouldn't hit during flight:

ips9l0.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Gear won't retract

Hi Guys,

First of all congrats with this amazing aircraft. I really enjoy flying it.

I have a problem with my gear. When I'm spawning on the runway to fly I can't retract my gear after take off. The handle moves up but no actual gear retraction.

Does anybody has the same problem?

Strange enough it works fine during the training missions.

My Pictures at: http://vortex-images.com/

Funnily, this turned out to be "first time get it right" endevaour for me, unlike my long search for NWS key in Falcon :D. May be NWS has been a good teacher for me to adopt RTFM motto :D

Landing gear works fine for me, but I can't for the life of me, line myself up with the runway to make use of them, just can't see the runway. So far, landing attempts : 3, go arounds : 3 :P time to learn using that RSBN & PRMG I guess.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

That said, however, it is planned. Even if it is my girly squeaky voice. :D

Should hire James Earl Jones to do it again like they did with the A-10 :P

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now