Hi all :)

A very informative interview :)

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very interesting interview Looking forward to future dynamic campaign, Syrian map and animated carrier deck.

A former FA-18 pilot giving Dcs FA-18 a good mark on a very first attempts was particularly good to know.

Got to know a lot more about Matt Wagner,

Great passion Matt

I am well enlighten as to the limitations that comes making these PC simulation I enjoy immensely.

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

interesting.

shame we dont see it.

ps. why does matt wagner use the keyboard to start the engine. makes no sense.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

interesting.

shame we dont see it.

ps. why does matt wagner use the keyboard to start the engine. makes no sense.

Fighterpilot podcast is new and needs help on the tech side IMHO.

Me thinks for speed, Matt side stepped a lot of die hard full blown sim nerd stuff ;)

He might have paused in mid air :eek:, a major die hard no no ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great episode! I think Wags did a good job of introducing Jell-O in a way that was really entertaining to listen to! Great stuff!

And hey, they mentioned me at 1:16:05! STARSTRUCK! :cheer3nc:

You the sky knights guy .. haven't tried your game yet but good going :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's rare that i'll sit and listen to a podcast for an hour and nineteen minutes long. However, i'm really glad I did this time. I enjoyed myself through the whole thing. I'm impressed with Matt's background and hearing how fast Jell-O caught on to DCS. I'm also impressed with how accurate the F/A-18 is.

Great job Thumper. :)

Buzz

VERY nice interview. And Wags was rattling off all the upcoming planes by 3rd party devs and ED and he said "and one big surprise"

WHAT CAN IT BE!!!!!

PS: Pretty impressed that a real FA18 aviator can just pick it up and fly it and land it. Testament to the simulation!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Been listening to the Podcast since the beginning and I've just been waiting for him to dive in with the DCS Hornet.

Really quite a testament to how accurate the flight model is compared to the real deal, and I enjoyed hearing Matt talk about his background a bit, and EDs priorities when it comes to "grey area" information.

Cannot wait for more info on the Syria map and whatever the "big surprise" is!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Very good podcast. Thanks.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I'm at work listening to this quality podcast from my desk. Superb stuff. I wasn't aware of these podcasts.

Listening to that former fighter pilot starting the Hornet in DCS was just amazing. I can't tell you how great it is to hear someone with that kind of background do what we all do.

Will be subscribing from now on.

Brilliant!!

VERY nice interview. And Wags was rattling off all the upcoming planes by 3rd party devs and ED and he said "and one big surprise"

WHAT CAN IT BE!!!!!

PS: Pretty impressed that a real FA18 aviator can just pick it up and fly it and land it. Testament to the simulation!

Actually I was impressed the fact that Wags confessed he needed days, even weeks to get that onspeed AoA habit. I did it first try without having flown a real thing... dealwithit.png

Also looking forward to that surprise... pc-suwink.png

One thing that really got me though was that talk about all the feedback you'd get in the real plane that can't be simulated, when it eventually came to the stick. I really do want that modelled with FFB as I'm certain this would be possible to get simulated pretty well. And by just going through that "what's your primary controller" thread I can judge that the FFB2 is in fact still one of the most used sticks here.

Also, it's kinda relaxing to know that even a real Hornet driver has to relearn things after just two years. I'm not embarrassed of myself anymore now when I forgot how to do things after a year or even longer periods of time. Always thought I haven't learnt them hard enough... pinkiepieexcited.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Me thinks the surprise has to do with the F-16 since he didn't mention it when talking about new modules. ;)

Haven't they already confirmed the F-16C?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

The Eagle Dynamics/Belsimtek dream team :thumbup:

To specify EDSA(and Belsimtek before they merged with ED) - ED registered Switzerland ( SA )

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3443831&postcount=25

So, the F/A-18 will have to be done before they start on the F-16? That will be quite a while before we see it.

In case you didn't saw it already, there is a 38 pages thread about it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205813

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings