ANNOUNCEMENT - DCS: MiG-21bis

Cobra847

A priority tasking has come up which will be taking until Sunday to complete.

Sometime quickly after that.

Thank you, sir!

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys do an alpha release, really looking forward to this jet

I believe they are in beta and that wont happen either...

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Release of the module is scheduled for May/June. You can find more info about that on their official website : http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Sincerely, Quent.

Nice, we have a date, again.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Taking in count the Duxfor Alpha presentation i guess Mig-21 could not be availabe before June.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Taking in count the Duxfor Alpha presentation i guess Mig-21 could not be availabe prior June.

Duxfor Alpha? Am I missing out on something?

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

This.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123927

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Yeah... missing the D... :megalol:

..................................:smartass:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Was that a yes to the AI version AND the external model? Also, what about RWR symbols in other aircraft? Will you see a 21 symbol in the A-10C if you're being locked up for example and is ECM effective against the MiG-21 with it being an older airframe? I assume that an ECM pod like the ALQ-184 would give the MiG a very hard time in real life...

^^^ Well the point if the DCS:World system was that it wouldn't need people to download mods to join any multiplayer server but having everything installed before-hand and everything online-compatible so I guess it would have to be Yes to all those questions.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Also, what about RWR symbols in other aircraft? Will you see a 21 symbol in the A-10C if you're being locked up for example

This would be on ED's side, and I'm guessing they likely already did it. I can't imagine the RWR wouldn't show a symbol for the 21's radar.

and is ECM effective against the MiG-21 with it being an older airframe? I assume that an ECM pod like the ALQ-184 would give the MiG a very hard time in real life...

In real life I'm sure. But in DCS (again just guessing) I seriously doubt ECM is going to be any different against the 21 than any of the other aircraft we have. I've heard ECM is something they want to look at on improving down the road, but doesn't sound like a high priority to ED on top of everything else on their plate.

There would be a lot of guess work I'd imagine. They would have to figure out just how much would the effectiveness be, what range would the MiG-21 have to be for ECM not to work anymore, or if it is capable of completely shutting down a Bis to the point that they might as well not turn on the radar because they will be close enough for a heater before they burn through. For now I think they likely would just have it work the same against the 21 as everything else. Would be interesting if a dev informed me I was incorrect in my guess and that ECM will do different things to the 21, we'll have to see.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Was that a yes to the AI version AND the external model? Also, what about RWR symbols in other aircraft? Will you see a 21 symbol in the A-10C if you're being locked up for example and is ECM effective against the MiG-21 with it being an older airframe? I assume that an ECM pod like the ALQ-184 would give the MiG a very hard time in real life...

It's a Yes to AI and External Model implemented in Core DCS World.

Skipping the whole compatibility pack workaround solution, which is sub-optimal.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

From the updates it looks like it will be released in the next 2 weeks or so, hopefully

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5