Release??

Revan

Here is my educated guess...I have no inside info...

My guess is if approved by ED it will be released with 1.3.0. My reason for this assumption is the Mig has to be incorporated as AI, as a minimum a DCS world patch would have to be released at the same time otherwise you get the whole MP comparability issue.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is if approved by ED it will be released with 1.3.0. My reason for this assumption is the Mig has to be incorporated as AI, as a minimum a DCS world patch would have to be released at the same time otherwise you get the whole MP comparability issue.

Which would push the release well after what Leatherneck announced. I don't think ED will wait for 1.3.0 to integrate the MiG-21 module. As I see it, the EDGE update isn't coming before late August or September (if not later) and I highly doubt the MiG-21 will be out that late.

1.3.0 will likely be released in July based on the F-86 release announcement which isn't that far off.

Fact of the matter is Leatherneck can suggest all day they want to release in 1.2.8 but ED makes the final decision on when it'll be released.

If I'm right I promise I won't say "told ya so". Ok, yeah I probably will :D

I have no problem keep waiting for this MIG21.

but what's kicks me off is that they publish a DATE and than they not say noting .

and its like this for more than a year!

Now as I say before I have no problem to keep wait .

but come on give us something for refreshing the eyes.

screenshot.

video.

manual.

tutorial.

like all the model publisher in this community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Paulrkii I know you were a tester for sometime with ED and I dare not to challenge your insight, but is it possible to capture the AI in another 1.2.8 + build? Thus allowing LS to release the Mig-21.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

That' a good guess, maybe it will be available before, but think of all the coalitions that may have to be added it would be the easiest to incorporate all this in the patch.

But anyway I guess that, it will come before 1.3.0 (which is still months away I guess and not even tested) and then a hotfix will be issued to fix the biggest compability isssues.

I'm pretty confident that they will release it before the end of the month, because they stated it "only" has to be tested and approved by ED

needless to say: REALLY looking forward to this :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Well in PC pilot this month ( page 36 ), when asked this very question. Nicholas Dackard states "right now June looks very promising, subject to change, but we're working very hard to wrap things up and meet this estimate"

Now granted he doesn't state which June. ;) But it certainly sounds very very promising indeed.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I recommend that Mig-21 fans go through the very professional looking and informative Leatherneck Simulations website. The website provides a lot of useful information and includes a rough estimate of around when the Mig-21 may be ready, if things go according to plan. June may be a good month for Mig-21 fans. ;)

The website can be found, here: http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Edited by mjmorrow

Paulrkii I know you were a tester for sometime with ED and I dare not to challenge your insight, but is it possible to capture the AI in another 1.2.8 + build? Thus allowing LS to release the Mig-21.

Of course, they would just release another patch to 1.2.8. Only reason I'm guessing 1.3.0. is the F-86 shots were all taken in 1.3.0. and the "planned" release of the 86 is July.

All of this talk about waiting until 1.3.0 might be true but on the other hand, I have a hard time believing that every 3rd party will need to wait for a major patch release to not only release products but also to update them, it does not sound very logical at all.

I suspect that what will end up happening is that ED will simply roll out small compatibility patches on release of any 3rd party module.

Without knowing all the details, I can't say if I am right or wrong on this but my gut tells me that the MiG is not going to have to wait for a huge update, that would make things more complicated and more annoying for 3rd party dev's who are able to release products outside a big ED update.

Day 247

Sacrificed all of the goats.

Moving onto squirrels.

Still no MiG-21 module. Still patient.

+1 :megalol::megalol:

I think I'm up to checking this forum about 5 times a day......still patient.

The manual would be a nice thing to flick through as we wait (hint hint):book:.

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

Day 247

Sacrificed all of the goats.

Moving onto squirrels.

Still no MiG-21 module. Still patient.

we need to be patient for another 2 weeks ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I think the fact they haven't released the manual is a good indication where they are on the release schedule. They also haven't show any new videos or Screenies (which they indicated they would) OR more accurate there would be a ton more info.

I think the fact they haven't released the manual is a good indication where they are on the release schedule. They also haven't show any new videos or Screenies (which they indicated they would) OR more accurate there would be a ton more info.

This week would be the longest ever for me (dcs mig21 fan)

btw There is mig-21 pic post on DCS group fb asking 'Ready'. no idea who they ask or it is the release prelude we are looking for months?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

What is DCS GROUP FB.

Sry, DCS A-10C FB

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=888019604548549&id=213475292002987

Is this official post?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just checked their Website, it is down. HMMMM, perhaps updating it to announce release.

Never mind, the link to their website off their FB page is wrong. It points to the wrong spot.

Edited by Mode1961

Just checked their Website, it is down. HMMMM, perhaps updating it to announce release.

Never mind, the link to their website off their FB page is wrong. It points to the wrong spot.

those are old pics.....

keep on waiting 4 official news

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recommend that Mig-21 fans go through the very professional looking and informative Leatherneck Simulations website. The website provides a lot of useful information and includes a rough estimate of around when the Mig-21 may be ready, if things go according to plan. June may be a good month for Mig-21 fans. ;)

The website can be found, here: http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

Great site. Interesting they have Grumman on the home page.....

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.