#04 - MINI-UPDATE & COLD STARTUP

Cobra847

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope you're right! I would be definitely be willing to wait another week or 2 if we can get EDGE the same time as the release of the MiG! A whole new DCS experience :)

Did you mean the end of this year (Wags mentions EDGE/1.3.0 released end of this year in Aprl newsletter)? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Cobra847, will there be an interesting campaign to go along with the module? I'm currently playing through the huey campaign and it's so much more fun than the a10c one with it's voice overs, interesting missions, etc.

Edited by Zeaus

I have to say that the sound effect of closing landing gear doors is amazing and ravishing.

It seems that all 3 doors are closed in sequence not concurrently, since there are three sound can be identified. And it is different from what I thought previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Cobra, first thanks for the video.

Can you tell us, what PC system you have used to make the video and maybe your DCS World Setup (High, Middle, Low ...), thanks.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Love it. Thank you for sharing.

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Did you mean the end of this year (Wags mentions EDGE/1.3.0 released end of this year in Aprl newsletter)? :D

It was mentioned in a thread by GG I believe as to why ED is skipping 1.2.9, there going all out to intergrate edge in 1.3.0.. Sorry I searched but couldn't find it, hopefully GG can chime in.

It was mentioned in a thread by GG I believe as to why ED is skipping 1.2.9, there going all out to intergrate edge in 1.3.0.. Sorry I searched but couldn't find it, hopefully GG can chime in.

Yep, I know it. But it didn't mention (if I remembered correctly) whether 1.3.0 will take the time which used to belong to 1.2.9 release or will keep the pre-determined release time (end of this year).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cobra, first thanks for the video.

Can you tell us, what PC system you have used to make the video and maybe your DCS World Setup (High, Middle, Low ...), thanks.

Ahoy mwd2!

I'm on a i7 3770K, R280X, 16GB Ram system.

All settings on high, except scenes which are at medium and drawdistance at medium. (Tree distance and stuff like that is pretty low too). 4x MSAA, TSSAA. Mirrors off most of the time (but the MiG-21 mirror does not sap much performance)

FPS is about 5-8% lower than the A-10C and about 15% lower than the TF-51 at the moment. (in the cockpit) We still have some optimization to do in the next week if required, we'll see what the results of those are.

Can you throw us the texture template if available? The video is nothing short of great. I really cant wait to get inside!

Coming ASAP -- but likely will be a week or so after release. We have a "clean" skin with white background; which makes it easy to use blending modes to paint the aircraft (just need to adjust colours accordingly).

Cobra847, will there be an interesting campaign to go along with the module? I'm currently playing through the huey campaign and it's so much more fun than the a10c one with it's voice overs, interesting missions, etc.

Yep! SP Campaign is in. Interesting? You'll have to decide for yourself, we're too biased. :P

One thing I can note with pure certainty is that the mission variety is excellent.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

omg that afterburner effect <3

Yes that stood out for me.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Not the Campaign.

However, we have interactive tutorial missions for everything from startup to air combat, radar and ground pounding. Some practice SP missions too

14BowM0.jpg

Wow! This is cool!!!'

It seems that your DCS setup is normal, but the F2 view of mig-21 w/ environment seems quite different from other ACs and has a quality of CG in both light and texture rendering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Template will be released once I am happy with it. I'm still tweaking things around. Please don't expect it during release. The tail section is a bit quirky because of how the spine meets the tail. A lot of adjusting was necessary.

I also run:

2700K i7

Titan in SLI

32GB Ram

Max Settings, except: TSSAA, Civil Traffic.

Clutter = 0, Trees = 6000, Preload = 150000

Edited by -Rudel-
sp

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Holy sh*t 32GB ram !

oh and thanks for the reply on the prev.page.

Not the Campaign.

However, we have interactive tutorial missions for everything from startup to air combat, radar and ground pounding. Some practice SP missions too

This is exactly what I was asking and am extremely happy we are getting proper tutorials! Thanks!

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Holy sh*t 32GB ram !

oh and thanks for the reply on the prev.page.

This is exactly what I was asking and am extremely happy we are getting proper tutorials! Thanks!

Ram is cheap Sceptre : )

Absolutely stunning looking aircraft Cobra and Rudel.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Awesome work, Leatherneck! :thumbup: It looks fantastic!

Thanks for the update and video. :)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]