[Request] Commands for Turn Weapon Selector Right/Left

zaelu

I wish, if Leatherneck guys have the time, that two new commands will be added for "Turn Weapon Selector Right and Left".

Many of us have HOTAS with multiple buttons and instead of pressing 1, 2, 3, 4, etc for selecting the pylons/weapons we would find better to have just 2 buttons for turning left and right the knob just as you do it with the mouse of in real life.

I have a rotary encoder free just for that for example :D.

here it how it would look:

107nnza.png

There are some other modules that have this feature... like P51 and UH1H for rockets release knobs for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

There is solution for this in your HOTASs profiler software.

In the axis section you can chose one of the axis buttons. In properties of the axis set 11 sectors equal size and set it up each sector for position of trigger. This way you will get exactly the same button like it is in cockpit with 11 positions matching real one. It is even better for immersion in game.

I set it up this way on my G940 but all hot ass got this possibilities.

But anyway supporting this idea same as toggle button.

Edited by wormeaten

G940 has a problem with "hysteresis" on axis so defining sectors in them and assigning them to buttons is very imprecise...

Also... the axis are good for something else as there are plenty of axes to use

Buttons are more precise, something like left turn and right turn are far simpler.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

+1

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

There is solution for this in your HOTASs profiler software.

In the axis section you can chose one of the axis buttons. In properties of the axis set 11 sectors equal size and set it up each sector for position of trigger. This way you will get exactly the same button like it is in cockpit with 11 positions matching real one. It is even better for immersion in game.

I set it up this way on my G940 but all hot ass got this possibilities.

But anyway supporting this idea same as toggle button.

Can you explain more about this mate ? On logitech profiler and divided one of the trim axis into x parts, but later in DCS I can't map any button with this axis ( outside axis mode of course ). I am missing something, what is ?

Thanks in advance

This also needs to be addressed by ED and a standard established. Commands for left and right rotation for all rotaries and commands for each position on rotary switches.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This also needs to be addressed by ED and a standard established. Commands for left and right rotation for all rotaries and commands for each position on rotary switches.

Exactly. But please do default bindings for both cases at the same time, just for the left/right in the first place.

I'd pretty much like to have standardized controls and I'm still wishing one thing to be done by ED: A "general commands" page for standard things like menua access, rearm options, view control, time control, scoreboard/briefings/kneeboard etc, debug/cheat commands etc. that have to be mapped ONCE for all modules at the same time. Stick to the word module: Make the control settings modular. Saves us tons of work remapping things over and over at each module release and sometimes even on plain updates.

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think it is.

For example in clickabledata.lua at the start of the file are described the "stadards" and I think multiposition_switch_limited is what we need most of the time. It is a switch with multiple positions that is limited in travel, I think it means it can't be turned over some limits. If a unlimited switch is needed then multiposition_switch is the next choice.

This is the part for multiposition switch limited:

function multiposition_switch_limited(hint_,device_,command_,arg_,count_,delta_,inversed_,min_)

local min_ = min_ or 0

local delta_ = delta_ or 0.5

local inversed = 1

if inversed_ then

inversed = -1

end

return {

class = {class_type.TUMB,class_type.TUMB},

hint = hint_,

device = device_,

action = {command_,command_},

arg = {arg_,arg_},

arg_value = {-delta_ * inversed,delta_ * inversed},

arg_lim = {{min_, min_ + delta_ * (count_ -1)},

{min_, min_ + delta_ * (count_ -1)}},

updatable = true,

use_OBB = true,

cycle = false,

}

end

Also in DCS F-86 module there are switches that work very well:

example:

elements["Rocket-Gun-Bomb_selector"] = multiposition_switch_limited(_("Variable Sight Selector Unit - Sight Function Selector Lever, ROCKET/GUN/BOMB") , devices.A4_GUNSIGHT, device_commands.Button_11, 721, 3, 0.1, true)

and it has proper commands in default.lua files:

{down = device_commands.Button_29, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1, name = 'Variable Sight Selector Unit - Sight Function Selector Lever - CCW', category = 'Center Pedestal'},

{down = device_commands.Button_29, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = -1, name = 'Variable Sight Selector Unit - Sight Function Selector Lever - CW', category = 'Center Pedestal'},

And this makes you have 2 buttons for the 3 positions of the switch for selecting bombs/guns or rockets.

Having 10 buttons for something that even in real live has "two moves"... (left right) is very wrong simulation.

Most of us have a HAT or a 2 position switch that can be used for such trivial action of turning a knob right or left instead of leaning over the keyboard and pressing 10 buttons that are not even having always sense... 1 2 3 4 are resembling pylon selections but the rest... are a memory test.

I have an encoder that looks exactly like that knob and I am forced to lose a lot of seconds to fiddle with the keyboard or with the mouse.

Speaking of mouse...

Majority of people when faced with a knob like switch... like the one that programs a washing machine if asked how would they call turning CCW, counter clock wise that knob will answer: "Left turning" and if asked about the other movement... CW, Clockwise they will answer: "Right Turning".

I'm guessing this is because we look at the top half of the circle of movement and maybe many of these switches don't have anything or have less commands on the lower half thus making people to "default" on the upper part.

So when we want to simulate commanding such a knob like switch with the 2 buttons of the mouse... the left and the right ones... why would it be implemented the other way around? :D

Currently clicking right button turns the knob what it would be for most people "left wise" and vice-versa.

So could we have and update on these please?

2 buttons fo turning CCW-CW and switching the mouse buttons actions for this knob.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

+1 we really need some commands unification between all the modules. Even DCS Dora and Kurfurst are different. For example, there is no key to remove stick's safety switch on the Dora, but there is one on the 109.

And no toggle commands for F-86 and MiG-21 is a really annoying issue.

I7 4790k, Asus Z97 Deluxe, 16GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 2x SDDs Samsung 850 pro & Sandisk Extreme Pro, 1 HDD Samsung, Hotas Warthog with Sahaj' s 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Track IR 5, Wheelstand Pro, CH MFP, Logitech G13.

+10 ;p

i was looking for a way to do this with a mod.

but it seems like its not possible :(

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=139383

i would verry much like to have this aswell since its not possible to do by a mod.

i have actually a python script i wrote that i use to simulate this.

but it is far from an ideal solution and not something that i want to share.