Bad habits

N1tch

Its an old 1.1.1.1 habit. Just as I told pr1malr8ge, I used to do this before they fixed CCIP in 1.1.1.1 as on diving from 15 k and higher, I wanted pbil to solidify quickly. As i did this, I crossed 400 kts everytime, and of course powered out. I dont know if my explanation is correct but there is time restriction on rpm exceeding a known value.

I'm no real world pilot (dentist here) so I am not sure if these apply to RW tactics or SOPs.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Oh, add to that, selecting maverick as soi, but not weapon, and ghus releasing bombs when you've got a valid lock just because you couldn't flick dms right/left to intended payload or forgot..

Haha, yeah, add that to my list as well. Actually is just happened some 15 minutes ago when I was testing something and thought I'd dispose off those T-90s after testing was done and... no launch? Too close? Hmmm. Turn around, get some spacing, check Master Arm, okay. In hot, rifl... WTF? Oh, right, no profile selected *cough*. :lol:

Turning off the damn APU, I always forget that. You would think I wouldn't with the noise it makes but I do it just about every damn time.

Not selecting the weapon I want to use in the dms profile, that one actually stumps me for a few seconds trying to think what I did wrong.

Dropping the bombs when I am a ballhair from the target, it hurts when you do that. I am such a noob, lol.

Why are you even using ground power?

The first thing I do when I join a server is:

1) Turn on ground power

2) Turn on CDU and EGI

3) ???

4) Profit

I'm usually the first guy taxiing out if I'm with guys I joined with. Getting that alignment going early helps a lot, and not having to wait on the APU to spool definitely helps.:smartass:

The first thing I do when I join a server is:

1) Turn on ground power

2) Turn on CDU and EGI

3) ???

4) Profit

I'm usually the first guy taxiing out if I'm with guys I joined with. Getting that alignment going early helps a lot, and not having to wait on the APU to spool definitely helps.:smartass:

Exactly why I do it. Though I appreciate now you can do a flight alignment I've got to the point where once I've done everything else I still have around 1 minute to wait for alignment so I spend that time in the DSMS setting up laser codes for the GBU12s.

I still think ED should model some ground crew model holding on to the wing or the ground power cable trailing behind if you pull away while it's still on :thumbup:

eheheh you don't feel the pain of death :megalol:

Can any one explain what is target fixation?

When you focus too much and too hard on the target you are about to attack. This is bad as you lose your situational awareness, you don't notice what is happening around you, and that can lead to unpleasant surprised. That way you may overlook that there are tracers comping up for you from a different spot, you may not notice that you are already going too fast or too low, etc.

When you focus too much and too hard on the target you are about to attack. This is bad as you lose your situational awareness, you don't notice what is happening around you, and that can lead to unpleasant surprised. That way you may overlook that there are tracers comping up for you from a different spot, you may not notice that you are already going too fast or too low, etc.

Thx for the quick replay.

It is one of my bad habit. Target fixation

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

Haha exactly, when the red mist descends and all your focus is on killing that 1 target. Or for me it's the fixation on the target I'm gun running and ignoring the pull up signals or like you say the tracers flying at me :helpsmilie:

• 4 weeks later...
Its an old 1.1.1.1 habit. Just as I told pr1malr8ge, I used to do this before they fixed CCIP in 1.1.1.1 as on diving from 15 k and higher, I wanted pbil to solidify quickly. As i did this, I crossed 400 kts everytime, and of course powered out. I dont know if my explanation is correct but there is time restriction on rpm exceeding a known value.

I'm no real world pilot (dentist here) so I am not sure if these apply to RW tactics or SOPs.

I just had this happen to me today. Going in for guns, pulling out with no engines and everything off. The good news was that I was able to get my APU on and engines restarted. The bad news was that I was in the mountains and didn't have enough airspeed to clear that last ridge by the time I was back up and running.

"Would you say we'd be venturing into a "Zone of Danger?"

My bad habits are the following:

1. Overconfidence. Thinking that I can fly the way I want, where I want without getting hit. Having a buttkicker really wakes you up when from out of no where you get a missile up your arse and the buttkicker makes you feel it.

2. Not searching for threats before engaging. Related to #1.

3. Not popping chaff and flares before, during and after the attack run. Target fixated so I forget about this essential step and usually pay the price.

4. Admiring my weapons impact instead of jinking and egressing as quick as I can. We all want to see the how we did right?

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Most of the things that most people do in DCS are in fact bad habits.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Obviously, Mr. Sensitivity... but why remind virtual pilots they're 'virtual'?.. that's like:

Here kid.. here's a big jar of candy..

Keep in mind it's going to rot the hell out of your teeth.. enjoy!

<kid walks away staring at jar with a frown>

I mean.. really.. what's the purpose? :)

In your defense, you do grace the forums with your vastly superior knowledge, so there is some balance.

<kid glances back at the Dentists office, still perplexed>

Most of the things that most people do in DCS are in fact bad habits.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm