Interesting banner at the top of the forum

Kenan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would guess or you have reason to believe?

Reason to believe.

A few months ago ED posted SS of the Hornet that were more than what the OP described, yet Wags came along and said that ED was much further along than the SS led to believe as the SS were early work in progress.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I know that nothing will be released tomorrow, but whoever made and put the banner up has got to realize that it will be hyped to no tomorrow...I mean, an F/A-18C, with explicit references to Christmas, ready to launch.

OS: Win11 Pro 64bit MB: ASUS B550-I STRIX CPU: AMD R7 5800X GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 SSD (OS and Sims): Samsung 980 Pro 2TB Accessories: TrackIR5, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals

The banner is just an indication they are working on the hornet, and that they'll release it along the next few years, probably by christmas. :)

Edit : Santa is pointing to the right, meaning they are on the right track.

Edited by Cyb0rg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

The last good FA-18C sim I recall is Hornet Korea by Graphsim

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?709-Graphsim-s-F-A-18-Korea

That was a day or two ago.

Dale

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I know that nothing will be released tomorrow, but whoever made and put the banner up has got to realize that it will be hyped to no tomorrow...I mean, an F/A-18C, with explicit references to Christmas, ready to launch.

I agree. That is just our nature.

I think it would have been better to show the AC being ushered/directed to the launcher signifying that it was getting close.

Oh well, we as a community, would still take it out of context and speculate beyond its actual meaning.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Merry Xmas with Santa :D

1700591.jpg

Those must be for the naughty kids.:smilewink:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

This forum,mainly cover photos and Wags' avatar are subject to speculations more then any other thing on the earth :D

And people eat it up all the time. :D

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

The banner was changed to Su-27 around Christmas 2013. People (me) then were speculating that the next big thing from ED would be about Su-27. The Su-27 PFM was released almost a year later (Nov 15, 2014). Just something to aid you in any estimation of a future F-18C release date.

Edit: sniped...

Edited by blackbelter

The last good FA-18C sim I recall is Hornet Korea by Graphsim

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?709-Graphsim-s-F-A-18-Korea

That was a day or two ago.

Dale

The last one I remember, VRS' Superbug had the aircraft modelled really well, but they should've just released their own game. The thing is, without the fly-by-wire system enabled, you could pull off whatever you wanted to do if FSX let you do it. :lol:

FSX is pretty difficult to work with when you're trying to create a realistic military aircraft. The freeware military aircraft addons are pure hilarity, try trimming upwards all the way, then pulling full aft on the stick. Watch your MiG-21 do a 360° somersault, à la Su-37. Twice. :megalol:

Let's try not to digress too much from the topic, though, right? :thumbup:

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Its a holiday themed Image, dont read or speculate too much into it.

Not to be used without expressed permission of Ricky Bobby Inc..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Its a holiday themed Image, dont read or speculate too much into it.

Buzz Killer. :P

You coming over to my house next to take away my Johnnie Walker Blue? :D

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Best banner ever :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 3570K @4.2ghz | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel® Thermal Solution RTS2011LC | G.Skill Ares 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | MSI N760 2GD5/OC ITX| 2x Corsair CSSD-F60GBGT-BK | Western Digital WD10EALX 1TB | HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 | Win 7

Best banner ever :-)

Its a clever signal they are not actually ready to launch completely, but might launch a beta test like they did with A10C....? :joystick:

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Its a clever signal they are not actually ready to launch completely, but might launch a beta test like they did with A10C....? :joystick:

OR! It means they are completely ready to go but just have to do one last little thing.

I'm pretty sure that's it. YYYup. We'll be flying the F18 tomorrow.

OR! It means they are completely ready to go but just have to do one last little thing.

I'm pretty sure that's it. YYYup. We'll be flying the F18 tomorrow.

Johnnie Walker and I agree with you, sir.