Leatherneck Simulations Monthly Update - January 2015

Cobra847

It will be the testbed as far as I understand it, I am just saying it may not be ready at release, I just dont want people stating it will be there day 1 and be disappointed if it isnt.

Understood

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, the L-39 will receive 2 seats BUT may not launch with it. Just to manage expectations there...

This is what I was referring to.

"Multi-crew aircraft for multiplayer is certainly something we plan, and aircraft like the L-39 are certainly scheduled to take advantage of this. While this feature will not be ready in time for the release of the L-39, we are pushing to have it available in 2015."

Note "Pushing to have it avail in 2015", now based on history and that language, I highly doubt we will see it this year.

I've read in an Interview with UVP that there are three Aircraft coming from LNS.

Quote: "they are all Fixed Wing. ( well... kind of...)

If I don't get this wrong, LNS has just said, that they are indeed have an Tomcat upcoming...

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

I've read in an Interview with UVP that there are three Aircraft coming from LNS.

Quote: "they are all Fixed Wing. ( well... kind of...)

If I don't get this wrong, LNS has just said, that they are indeed have an Tomcat upcoming...

They've released other hints, look at the last pages of the "Leatherneck new Facebook picture" thread for a gif that will confirm what you think :)

Jeah the Red Lines are a little obvious to the F-14.

Would loving it, IRL I allready sat in one.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Do not mean to throw a kink on our hopes of the new aircraft being an F-14, but could this be an F-111? They both share the same similar look from the front and top down. Not sure if they ever mentioned doing the aircraft. I really hope it is an F-14 though. The three aircraft I want most in a sim are the Corsair, Phantom, and Tomcat. I was looking at images of the Ardvark landing and she looks a lot like the photo Leatherneck teased us with. Also from top down you have the same triangular shape of the Tomcat. Just a guess. Hope its the Tomcat though.

They've released other hints, look at the last pages of the "Leatherneck new Facebook picture" thread for a gif that will confirm what you think :)

For me, the biggest hint was quoting the "You've lost that loving feeling" song from Top Gun. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Mbot,

I agree it looks similar to an F-14 but its not 100%. That photo still resembles several other aircraft. I hope to god it is an F-14 and I agree that all the "top Gun" quotes being dropped are leading up to it, but I hope we are not let down if it turns out to be something other than the Tomcat. What ever it is I will buy it. Leatherneck has does a PHENOMENAL job with the Mig. Just hope this truly is an F-14.

That picture is a Tomcat. I don't get how anyone that knows how a Tomcat looks like cannot see it :)

Like this man has said it is a Tomcat in the picture 100% there can be no doubts about that what so ever.

That does not 100% mean LN are developing the Tomcat. But it would be very cruel if they don't do it.

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

For me, the biggest hint was quoting the "You've lost that loving feeling" song from Top Gun. :)

For me the biggest hint was Cobra's avatar bring an exact picture of the Tomcat's radar.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

For me the biggest hint was Cobra's avatar bring an exact picture of the Tomcat's radar.

Yeah that's mine too. The question for me isn't if it's the Tomcat, it's what are the other two. Also, I know LN said they were going to have another module out this year, but I don't believe it'll be the Tomcat. Something that large and complex is going to take a lot of time, so i frankly don't see the Tomcat as coming out before 2017.

Yeah that's mine too. The question for me isn't if it's the Tomcat, it's what are the other two. Also, I know LN said they were going to have another module out this year, but I don't believe it'll be the Tomcat. Something that large and complex is going to take a lot of time, so i frankly don't see the Tomcat as coming out before 2017.

well they did say that all three modules were in advanced stages in development so I wouldn't count on a 2017 release but more of a late 2015-mid 2016 release

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

well they did say that all three modules were in advanced stages in development so I wouldn't count on a 2017 release but more of a late 2015-mid 2016 release

Between the swing wing, the avionics and the fact it will be one of the first dual seat integrations, I just foresee lots of delays. So keeping my hopes restricted to 2017 lets me be either smug or happily surprised.