A-1 Skyraider mod in dev

same this is by far my favorite

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I downloaded the file posted on the first page and its a P-51B model... Whats up with that?

Sorry, the added file included no 3d model of the sandy, it was only a test file for propeller animation purpose.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Now we need a skin like this one for the Su-27 so we can rescue his downed pilots. :)

003_zps5afe745b.jpg

And before someone asks why a Su-27 and not a F-15, remember that the Flanker can use bombs and the Eagle no.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

And before someone asks why a Su-27 and not a F-15, remember that the Flanker can use bombs and the Eagle no.

this is an incorrect statement :)

only usaf f-15s are not used to carry bombs

they can, but not required in the usaf

and now im not talking about the mudhen-eagle ;)

sign-pic4.jpg

this is an incorrect statement :)

only usaf f-15s are not used to carry bombs

they can, but not required in the usaf

and now im not talking about the mudhen-eagle ;)

Well, the USAF version is the one we have, and we cannot use bombs in game. That's why I'm talking about a Flanker skin.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Well, the USAF version is the one we have, and we cannot use bombs in game. That's why I'm talking about a Flanker skin.

we got israeli eagles in the sim as well, they use eagles for bombing too (mostly on the world)

shame on devs that they did not add the a2g capability :( (dumb bombing for the f-15c)

israeli air force use bombs more frequently on their eagles (not on mudhens) than russian airforce use bombs on their su-27s flankers in real-ordinary missions (not training missions)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

we got israeli eagles in the sim as well, they use eagles for bombing too (mostly on the world)

shame on devs that they did not add the a2g capability :( (dumb bombing for the f-15c)

israeli air force use bombs more frequently on their eagles (not on mudhens) than russian airforce use bombs on their su-27s flankers in real-ordinary missions (not training missions)

Because Isrealis eagles are not the C model.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Because Isrealis eagles are not the C model.

they got C models too

more precisely: they have (all A2G capable) A, B, C, D, E and of course I versions as well - some with CFTs and with thicker RWR/TEWS antenna on the top of the left tail, what is exactly the same C model what we have in the sim

sign-pic4.jpg

day one buy for me! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Who cares about Eagles. This is a SKY - muthalovin - RAIDER. A10-C of it's day but more versatile.

Korea is damn right. This is the next piece required after the F-86 and Mig-15. Some would argue it should have come first. Imagine if it came with a carrier.

• 3 weeks later...

Starway,

Is that a completely new Vietnam map you are working on or a new mesh for the current DCS map? Outstanding job on the Sandy and the what looks like a new map. There is an old timer that volunteers for the PD I work at and used to be a Skyraider pilot. If you have any questions about the aircraft, I might be able to get you answers. Let me know if you need help. I also have access to a static one where I can send photos if you need them.

Regards

Robert

• 1 month later...

Please Starway, Join a Studio (Leatherneck sims) and get your stuff published for real. You are very talented, I would pay good money for legitimate versions of your mods. These absolutely need to be in the sim, and backed as proper modules. The future looks bright for DCS. I hate mods, but yours are very enticing! Keep up the great work. -Woog

Totally agree,with your talents Starway you need to be making money mate,this is just another breath taking project that looks superb :thumbup:

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 8 months later...

While going through "aviation "A" School at NAS Millington, Tenn. in 1960, I had the opportunity to actually sit in the cockpit of an AD and start that rascal up. The sheer power from that engine has to be experienced to be believed. An amazing experience. Would really like to have one to putt putt around in even in DCSW.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Starway, has the AD Skyraider project been dropped? I sure hope not. Your stuff is awesome and the Skyraider would be the most awesome addition to this sim since the A-7 and F/A-18 and George Bush came along.

I think Starway is busy getting the new textures ready for the Caucasus map patch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]