VLOG: DCS WORLD 2 EXCLUSIVE PEEK

Wags

ICE CREAM.....:megalol:Damn I want some ICE CREAM:D:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems OK, it is still pre-alpha so it is reasonable to say far from beta and further from final release :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Awesome :thumbup:

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

VLOG: DCS WORLD 2 EXCLUSIVE PEEK

Ok now we know it's coming real soon. Just look at how much vids there pumping out!

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Wow! Thanks very much Wags and Froogle.

Things I like :-

-Frame rate is very smooth over airports

-Very detailed ground allows you to judge your flight speed and height very easily

Frame rate is very smooth everywhere :thumbup:

because DX11 gives plus 400% FPS than DX9 :bounce:

sign-pic4.jpg

"The Mission editor" you have my attention "... will it be simplified ..." :shocking:

"but this will not be happening. The editor will remain as powerful complex and deep as it is now." :prop:

But seriously ED what we want is MORE powerful, MORE complex and MORE deep. In DCS, MORE is always the answer.

Anyone care to guess when they release the alpha will it be possible to see if two video cards vs one will matter or will that feature/component not be in that release??? I know a lot of members are curious about the hardware to run this. Matt had a single card afaik.

Looks great but my biggest concern is their is absolutely no mention on wether nvidia or Ati or doing new game profiles aka sli/crossfire, nvidia surround, also most importantly nvidia 3dvision. Please can we get an answer to nvidia 3dvision and sli drivers? Good to hear oculus rift is being improved.

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Looks great but my biggest concern is their is absolutely no mention on wether nvidia or Ati or doing new game profiles aka sli/crossfire, nvidia surround, also most importantly nvidia 3dvision. Please can we get an answer to nvidia 3dvision and sli drivers? Good to hear oculus rift is being improved.

They have already stated that multi-GPU is supported and that means Nvidia and AMD both... (So yes SLI and Crossfire)

Details beyond that have not been shared as this is still a WIP..

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Ok we all know that, but if you've been watching the history as of late with nvidia anyway. They don't exactly support their own technologies very well with many buggy drivers and such. So was hoping some one official could comment on this wether they currently have a new profile in which they are using for the alpha. And if so how about 3dvision and the actual oculu rift functionality in the nvidia drivers?

My biggest question is nvidia 3dvision as many developers and even nvidia just brush it to the side. Dcs world is the most epic experience when flown in 3d and want to convey that to the developers. Please support it

Also my previous post was in regards to profiles I very well know that Dcs 2.0 is said to support sli but won't mean anything if nvidia doesn't make a new profile

Edited by rcjonessnp175

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Ok we all know that, but if you've been watching the history as of late with nvidia anyway. They don't exactly support their own technologies very well with many buggy drivers and such. So was hoping some one official could comment on this wether they currently have a new profile in which they are using for the alpha. And if so how about 3dvision and the actual oculu rift functionality in the nvidia drivers?

My biggest question is nvidia 3dvision as many developers and even nvidia just brush it to the side. Dcs world is the most epic experience when flown in 3d and want to convey that to the developers. Please support it

So you want ED to jump in and tell you that they are supporting a "technology" that you yourself have just said that NVidia is not supporting (at least not very well according to you)

Why on EARTH would ED do that if Nvidia is shaky on whether it will be supported?

Based on what you just said I can pretty well guarantee that 3d vision won't be supported because as a developer why would you tie up your resources on something that you don't even know will be there tomorrow?

And the drivers that Nvidia provide are just that.. Drivers that Nvidia provide and have nothing at all to do with ED.. (and I am not sure where you get the idea that their drivers are buggy, but at least they provide SOME kind of support unlike AMD that may push out an update driver once a millenium..)

:doh:

Edited by outlawal2

RAMBO

Love the new map. What I would like to see is whether ED have made bigger/better explosions in 2.0. The explosions in the current version are nice but a bit arcadish.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

So you want ED to jump in and tell you that they are supporting a "technology" that you yourself have just said that NVidia is not supporting (at least not very well according to you)

Why on EARTH would ED do that if Nvidia is shaky on whether it will be supported?

Based on what you just said I can pretty well guarantee that 3d vision won't be supported because as a developer why would you tie up your resources on something that you don't even know will be there tomorrow?

:doh:

Why? Why not as its a simulator and very much benefits from that technology. Don't understand your resistance. I'm simply asking about technology that is or may not be in the new Dcs iteration as it is in the old Dcs. My logical guess is 3d would be improved due to the fact they have made many improvements for oculus rift.

Sli is a very shaky tech since developers and graphic card manufacturers in charge of making drivers don't do good at times. Simple questions don't see why your taking offense about tech questions being asked. Pretty confident if you where currently flying in 3d on a 55 inCher and utilizing sli to do it you would be some what curios yes?

Game developers and aka nvidia generally work together in writing game profiles and drivers by the way

Edited by rcjonessnp175

Why? Why not as its a simulator and very much benefits from that technology. Don't understand your resistance. I'm simply asking about technology that is or may it be in the new Dcs iteration as it is in the old Dcs. My logical guess is 3d would be improved due to the fact they have made many improvements for oculus rift.

Sli is a very shaky tech since developers and graphic card manufacturers in charge of making drivers don't do good at times. Simple questions don't see why your taking offense about tech questions being asked. Pretty confident if you where currently flying in 3d on a 55 in her and utilizing sli to do it you would be some what curios yes?

OK maybe I am missing something here... Isn't 3dvision an Nvidia technology to begin with? If the company that is trying to sell the product isn't 100% on board then anyone else supporting it is really taking a huge gamble. If they decide to drop it altogether then ED would have wasted it's time, right?

Am I missing something here?

RAMBO

OK maybe I am missing something here... Isn't 3dvision an Nvidia technology to begin with? If the company that is trying to sell the product isn't 100% on board then anyone else supporting it is really taking a huge gamble. If they decide to drop it altogether then ED would have wasted it's time, right?

Am I missing something here?

I give up dude, it's simple questions. Go check out some nvidia forums and get caught up with current times. Again I'm simply asking if their is improvements to 3dvision along side oculus rift improvements. Additionally, sli yes it's supported BUT has nvidia provided an updated profile for it and can you speak in regards to any of that. Both technologies currently work in Dcs and simy inquiring about wether 3dvision is being incorporated in the new engine?

You don't see the point I am trying to make at all? If you ran a company and somebody had some new tech out there and you were interested in it... Would you still take the time and effort and money to utilize this brand new tech if you thought it could be cancelled tomorrow? Hell no you wouldn't because it doesn't make sense to risk that kind of money unless there is some kind of possibility it will be of value..

If Nvidia doesn't support their own product and may simply crap can the whole thing, ED would be nuts to try to utilize it until there is some kind of definitive answer regarding it's longevity...

RAMBO