DCS C-101 Aviojet owner club

rajdary

Nice, fun flying in this new jet. Pretty details, inside and outside.

Good job!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New owner. I love this little thing. :)

I also have some questions.

Question 1: I appear to have trouble mapping the flaps. Mapping "Flaps: Landing", "Flaps: Up", etc. appears to do nothing, while using "HOTAS: Flaps up" and "HOTAS: Flaps Down" appears to cause a temporary change, while leaving the flaps in "Takeoff" position whenever I release the button. I'm using a Saitek X-52. Am I doing something wrong?

Question 2: How do I change liveries?

Question 3: How do I find the TACAN and VOR frequencies of an airport?

New owner. I love this little thing. smile.gif

I also have some questions.

Question 1: I appear to have trouble mapping the flaps. Mapping "Flaps: Landing", "Flaps: Up", etc. appears to do nothing, while using "HOTAS: Flaps up" and "HOTAS: Flaps Down" appears to cause a temporary change, while leaving the flaps in "Takeoff" position whenever I release the button. I'm using a Saitek X-52. Am I doing something wrong?

Question 2: How do I change liveries?

Question 3: How do I find the TACAN and VOR frequencies of an airport?

1) All mapping/keybindings need to be done in the CUSTOM KEYS dropdown, not the regular dropdown, for the C-101EB. This is a byproduct of it being a BETA, and won't always be so. If you have the T.1A Hawk, you'll find that it's setup the same way - and also a beta.

2) Liveries availability changes with country - and can be set in the mission editor, or mission planner. E.g. - the fictional USAF livery can only be assigned to US planes of this type.

3) You can start here although if you do some digging in the DCS documentation folders, you'll likely find a reference as well. In a pinch, you can look up real world airport data. DCS is usually correct.

You can find radio charts if you look around in the User Files as well.

Usually, such radio charts slip nicely into the kneeboard pages so you can look them up - literally "on the fly" - but the kneeboard isn't implemented yet.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Vedexent

the fictional USAF livery can only be assigned to US planes of this type.

Please, don't ever lose that livery. It's one of the reasons I bought the plane! (Many other reasons, but I am sooo in love with that livery. :)

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

?

IIRC the "HOTAS: flaps up/down" controls in custom controls, are made for three-position switches that stay in place.

So when you use them with a normal button or the two-way rockers on the X-52, flaps will extend only as long as you keep your finger on the button.

Use the "Flaps notch up/down" (also in custom controls) instead.

Por cierto!! ¿tenemos el manual en español?

Felicidades otra vez AVIODEV, estupendo trabajo.

No de momento. Not yet.

Sólo hay el manual de inicio rápido en inglés que está aún en desarrollo, así como una lista de chequeo que harm_ preparó hace unos días. Los puedes encontrar en este foro:

Quick Start Guide

Checklist

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 2 weeks later...

Got it ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 2 weeks later...

AvioDev,

I love flying this bird. It handles very smoothly and extremely docile.

Can't wait for the combat version.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Now that I figured out how to start the aircraft and realized I can actually tune TACANS and ILS in DCS world, I thought I would see how well this aircraft handles.

I was able to fly Batumi to Kutaisi in IFR conditions. I attached the .trk file if other want to give it a try.

It was nice to do some real instrument flying in DCS and it was nice to take a break from A/A and A/G combat for a bit.

I'll try to build a mini campaign for it emphasizing instrument work and basic pilot training skills.

Thanks again AvioDev for a very well designed aircraft

Cheers,

C101-Batumi-Kutaisi-IFR.trk

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Finally I gave in to this module today together with the 15. What a great feeling to finally get that over with :P

Thank you Aviodev for your devotion in creating this module and giving me the opportunity to poor some money into another module :)

Looking forward now to loading it up for the first time.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying how controllable the C-101 is. A real treat to fly. It's also possible to land in some interesting places...!

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 2 months later...

Well I got this baby yesterday and took it for a free flight had a nice landing at Kraznodar and a quick take off and climb. Very enjoyable experience and seems very easy to control.

Thanks Aviodev going to wait for NTTR map to learn all the system s and just enjoy the flying experience till then:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

"Failure is always an option and landing is always optional."

-Cal the Almighty

-Founder of the Pandas

-Callsign: Mother

Warning: Prolonged exposure to DCS Forums may cause tourettes syndrome.

Sometimes I don't know which plane to fly:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

I would go for this :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least