DCS World 1.2.15 Release Build Discussion

*Rage*

I tried serveral things including reinstalling and 'repairing.' I've come to the conclusion the the update broke the sim. :doh:

please attach a txt DXDiag output, along with autoupdater and dcs.log/me.log, and the description of the problem.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hear, hear! Mig29 Afm please.

Mig29 bug

After ejection the camera is fixed to the seat.

oh where is the 6dof and afm? :)

This is NOT a wishlist thread/

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I haven’t notice any comments about one of the bug fixes that in my oppinion will affect gameplay the most:

Changelog of 1.2.15

DCS World

Excessive delay of AI aircraft launching follow-on air-to-air missiles shots have been addressed.

“Excessive delay” means that up to 1.2.14 the AI will not fire a second air to air missile while a previous one is still in the air, no matter how easy the shot is.

To clarify the issue a made a video explaining the bug in 1.2.14 and how things are now in 1.2.15.

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

DCS 1.2.1.5 CANNOT RUN

I have update DCS to 1.2.1.5 with DCS Updater and cannot run DCS. I have tried to Run Launcher.exe/run as administrator,a cmd window come out and nothing happens. Even repair DCS World is not working.

What should I do? My DCS does not want to Run:cry:

I have update DCS to 1.2.1.5 with DCS Updater and cannot run DCS. I have tried to Run Launcher.exe/run as administrator,a cmd window come out and nothing happens. Even repair DCS World is not working.

What should I do? My DCS does not want to Run:cry:

Have U tried re-installing the DX9 and Redistributed files? That window popping up like that reminds me of the error from another update that didn't install those files after auto patching the Sim.

Just a hunch though.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

“Excessive delay” means that up to 1.2.14 the AI will not fire a second air to air missile while a previous one is still in the air, no matter how easy the shot is.

To clarify the issue a made a video explaining the bug in 1.2.14 and how things are now in 1.2.15.

I discover this "TACview", it's amazing... why any equivalent (even simplified) isn't integrated in DCS for débriefing ? ... :/

Might be just me and this new rig I have but my keyboard in MP is "not present" usually. I sometimes manage to grab it with multiple CTRL-ALT-DEL and ALT-TAB but that often causes DCS to stop working and reload.

I changed the KB from USB to PS2, just to make sure it`s not a USB-Hotas cross effect but it's the same with PS2. No key is recognized but ALT-TAB and CTRL-ALT-DEL, those punch through. It seems something takes like SOI of the KB and takes it away from DCS. It came with 1.2.9.

Maybe someone else has the same symptom, I dont know if it is general or specific formy machine.

BTW nice to see that the MiG-21bis license issue got fixed :)

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I haven’t notice any comments about one of the bug fixes that in my oppinion will affect gameplay the most:

Changelog of 1.2.15

DCS World

Excessive delay of AI aircraft launching follow-on air-to-air missiles shots have been addressed.

I discover this "TACview", it's amazing... why any equivalent (even simplified) isn't integrated in DCS for débriefing ? ... :/

Tacview is endeed amazing.

When you are learning to combat it's a must have tool. Really easy to check things like the bug fix I talked about in my original post.

Big :thumbup: for the developer, here is his web page:

http://lomac.strasoftware.com/tacview-en.php

Flying is fantastic, but add a few missiles and explosions and it becomes addictive.

---------

http://www.youtube.com/c/taletoul

Is anyone else having a strange radio bug where the tower does not reply to contact but the radio menu changes like it has? Not easy communication and only tried with the mustang so far. Has been working for me until this last update.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

When is a fix/patch going to be released so we can start using CBUs again? This is getting a bit old...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

When is a fix/patch going to be released so we can start using CBUs again? This is getting a bit old...

Most likely that is going to have to wait for 2.0 to come out.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Most likely that is going to have to wait for 2.0 to come out.

That's really disappointing if so... Pretty much unacceptable! I'm not looking for a new edition. But they broke the game with this new release. CBUs are not usuable at all....and it seems to be a universal problem with everyone. Either give us a fix or 2.0 this weekend ED!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Looks like a fix has released...

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

1.2.15 update breaks DCS

Just updated DCS to 1.2.15 with the result that DCS crashes on attempting to run any mission.. :noexpression: [updated W8.1]

'DCS repair' failed to fix... :noexpression:

Hopefully a long tedious job of uninstalling, downloading new and re-installing DCS and all owned aircrafts will fix it....:cry:

Just updated DCS to 1.2.15 with the result that DCS crashes on attempting to run any mission.. :noexpression: [updated W8.1]

'DCS repair' failed to fix... :noexpression:

Hopefully a long tedious job of uninstalling, downloading new and re-installing DCS and all owned aircrafts will fix it....:cry:

I prefer to DL the offline files including all modules I own or intend to buy soon. That way I can DL over night or when I am afk and install and reinstall without another DL job.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Did they finally clean up the dirty F-86 canopy?

NO..!!! i flew tonight and was the same as before cant see jack sh** out of it nearly impossible to dogfight in sunlight rolling around a Mig15 with a dirty canopy lost sight so many times because of it .

Edited by con3para

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

Please fix known issues that have been here for a long time , and i mean a long time . All these updates and still no fix.

1. game play online is awful , bad fps.

2.tracer bring systems to stand still and cluster bombs also .

3.ww2 or close dogfights are awful laggy . bad fps .

4.its 2015 .

its getting very frustrating lately with all these updates but the same bugs are still here and stopping game play . come on EDGE.

Edited by con3para

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

Is there a chance to get an info on what files have been updated incl addons? Unfortunately with every update there are new bugs and it's frustrating to wait until they have been fixed and released. You wait for a fix until you wait for the next one. It could lead to users fixing some minor bugs themselves in the meantime.