Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I just realised that the guy (on the Swedish forum) was talking about "our Viggens", as in there being more than one of them.

Maybe, like is the case with the Tomcat, they are doing more than one version. If we're getting both the AJ, the JA and maybe even the AJS, that would indeed be jaw dropping.

Getting both serious sea and ground strike capability as well as mutiple air target engagement capability with Sky Flash would make it a bunch of interesting platforms in the current DCS World environment.

While it would be awesome to get all three of them, the AJ and AJS is actually more likely than the JA since the later share a lot of technology with the Gripen that might still be classified (datalink among other things.) :P

I'd like to add, as a counterargument to those who thinks we need "popular" planes:

When the Mig-21 came out, I thought: "What?!".

"What he heck would I want a Mig-21 for?" "Boring old, outlived airplane?"

Well, as it happens, the Mig-21 turned out to be a popular bird after its release.

How many of you would have voted for Mig-21 before its release?

And for me, I not only ended up buying the module, it also taught me a lot about the airplane, and because it was so thoroughly modelled, I ended up actually liking it, and beginning to appreciate its particular qualities.

I think that having an actual Mig21 pilot on the team making the FM had a lot to do with the choice of the first aircraft from LN studios. ;)

With that said the Mig21 is one of the iconic cold war interceptors/fighters.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think that having an actual Mig21 pilot on the team making the FM had a lot to do with the choice of the first aircraft from LN studios. ;)

You are quite possibly right about that. :)

And now we see a modelling artist who has taken 2000+ pictures of the real Viggen, and a development team where half of them is from Viggen's home country.

This could end up good. ;)

With that said the Mig21 is one of the iconic cold war interceptors/fighters.

You might be right, but nevertheless, I still thought it was boring before LN released their module. Now not so much. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

That influenced Beczl Studios on the first aircraft they would make (funded by the IndieGoGo campaign); the guys who subsequently formed LN joined later on IIRC and then eventually took on the project since they were already knee deep in it. My mind might be playing tricks with me, but I think they even stated that if it was up to them from the start, they wouldn't have chosen the MiG-21, at least not to start with.

Funny how nice things happen by accident. :) (TBH, I only funded it because the BS planned that the MiG-23 and Su-22 modules would follow; the MiG-21 is a bit too archaic with its capabilities for my taste; hopefully, LN might get around making a MiG-23 one day at least)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Anyone who played Novalogic's Comanche: Maximum Overkill back in the early 90s!

Or who had an interest in military aviation, which is probably a lot of people present here..

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I was never really interested in Viggen, and I always found it extremely ugly :D.

However, doing some research lately, it kind of grew on me, and now I realy hope that Viggen is the next LN plane. With the appropriate map, it will nicely complement Mig-21.

Anyway, because of the quality of MiG-21 module, I have already decided that I will buy the next LN product, whichever it will be.

Is funny the euro thing some guys use for the Viggen. For me and for many a euro plane is a plane like the Tornado or the Mirage III made and used by several air forces in Europe, but the Viggen? The Viggen is a swedish product flown only in Sweden, not a euro plane.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Anyway, because of the quality of MiG-21 module, I have already decided that I will buy the next LN product, whichever it will be.

This is the most important to me. LN delivered an incredibly well made aircraft that blew everything else out of the sky (pun intended). It's easily the best module I own. If any of the other third-party developers say they're going to make a jet or helicopter from between 1960 to 1990, that doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe I'll buy that module in the future, after reviews are in, and on a sale.

For LN however, I can't imagine not buying (preordering) their next modules. :)

Is funny the euro thing some guys use for the Viggen. For me and for many a euro plane is a plane like the Tornado or the Mirage III made and used by several air forces in Europe, but the Viggen? The Viggen is a swedish product flown only in Sweden, not a euro plane.

When Im talking about Euro Im not talking about a plane that is used throughout Europe but rather any aircraft for the most part created or designed in the European continent. There really isnt anything in terms of design or capability that has interested me. Mirage, Rafale, Tornado and Typhoon are the only exceptions.

We're veering a little off topic. :)

An update to the update of the update- our hopeful estimate to reveal in September may have been slightly optimistic. (Sorry for this, again!)

Not only has regular development been taking a massive chunk of time, MiG-21 1.5 has been requiring a lot of attention.

Sincere apologies for a disappointing end to September, but we're working a lot of OT to ensure we come out of the gate swinging.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

An update to the update- our hopeful estimate to reveal in September may have been slightly optimistic. (Sorry for this, again!)

Not only has regular development been taking a massive chunk of time, MiG-21 1.5 has been requiring a lot of attention. This has been compounded by illness of various team members.

Sincere apologies for a disappointing end to September, but we're working a lot of OT to ensure we come out of the gate swinging.

Thanks for the update and it's a shame that the announcements are delayed, i would logically assume that would also push the two unannounced modules past a late 2015 release date to sometime™ in 2016?

Edited by Skjold

An update to the update- our hopeful estimate to reveal in September may have been slightly optimistic. (Sorry for this, again!)

Not only has regular development been taking a massive chunk of time, MiG-21 1.5 has been requiring a lot of attention. This has been compounded by illness of various team members.

Thanks for the update. I hope that those that were ill will get well soon!

Thanks for the update and it's a shame that the announcements are delayed, i would logically assume that would also push the two unannounced modules past a late 2015 release date to sometime™ in 2016?

In short, absolutely not - we will announce projected release dates together with the aircraft, and we still plan on releasing product(s) this year.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

When Im talking about Euro Im not talking about a plane that is used throughout Europe but rather any aircraft for the most part created or designed in the European continent. There really isnt anything in terms of design or capability that has interested me. Mirage, Rafale, Tornado and Typhoon are the only exceptions.

U mean western erurope dont yo?

An update to the update of the update- our hopeful estimate to reveal in September may have been slightly optimistic. (Sorry for this, again!)

Not only has regular development been taking a massive chunk of time, MiG-21 1.5 has been requiring a lot of attention.

57953654.jpg

In short, absolutely not - we will announce projected release dates together with the aircraft, and we still plan on releasing product(s) this year.

Hold on, let me grab a piece of paper and a pencil.

So the plan is still to release both modules this year....there are 12 months in a year and the next chance to announce is October and probably won't announce both the same month right?

12-10=2...and

12-11=1....so

I'm guessing that the time between announce and release will be quite short?

Are you considering something crazy...like announcing the module and then referring us to the DCS-World website where we can promptly purchase the Beta? :)

With the included maps to follow shortly after (like after DCS 2.0 and NTTR are released)???

I'm sure that sounds insane to everyone, but something tells me it could be possible.

Oh, here it is:

We're also investing a lot of time into auxiliary components that require a lot of care and attention to detail.

These include Audio, UI Artwork, Documentation, Mission & Campaign building, Training packages, music and Web/PR.

Usually these are done in the final stages of development; where the aircraft approaches a feature complete status.

I'm not in the mood to be pessimistic, at least tonight.:thumbup:

-Nick

57953654.jpg

:D

I simply pass the announcements of announcements, effectively they mean nothing now to me. I got immunized.

I think Cobra should not beat himself much to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

And there we have it, was just waiting for a post like this...

Does any developer in the DCS franchise EVER stay in time with announcements or releases? :huh:

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

I expect the delay of the announcement has a lot to do with EDGE being delayed again. According to Wags they're having a meeting today (Monday) to figure out where they are with Edge and if they're going to meet their release date. I suspect they've already let LN know it's been delayed.

This is of course, pure speculation on my part.