Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Space shuttle. It's gotta be.

It's the wrong game, and yeah, Orbiter already exists, but I would pay for a DCS PFM/ASM version :)

Seriously though, it's most likely the Viggen and the F4U based on clues.

The only thing I'm thinking of that is slightly left field is the F4U could be a double pack with something Japanese thanks to a couple of other hints. We are starting to see multi-aircraft modules (C101EB and CC, L39C and ZA, plus LN's own F14A and B), so it's not completely bonkers as far as wishful thinking goes.

It's the wrong game, and yeah, Orbiter already exists, but I would pay for a DCS PFM/ASM version :)

Seriously though, it's most likely the Viggen and the F4U based on clues.

The only thing I'm thinking of that is slightly left field is the F4U could be a double pack with something Japanese thanks to a couple of other hints. We are starting to see multi-aircraft modules (C101EB and CC, L39C and ZA, plus LN's own F14A and B), so it's not completely bonkers as far as wishful thinking goes.

Yep, I'm on board with Buzzles.

F4U vs Zeke with a map and some support units. Maybe part of the Solomon islands.

Plus a Saab...

I actually doubt its the Viggen. My thoughts are this "Larger Project" are naval aircraft.

Also Air to ground needs alot of loving, my money is on it being either the Tornado IDS (With naval modifications) or the Tornado GR4

It has both ground targeting and ground following / mapping radar, it has thrust reversers, it has more advanced avionics then the F-14. So it seems most likely

Which would be very very nice to have.

It is A6 intruder , sorry if i spoil everybody's speculation.

-haukka81

Hope u wrong.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

It is A6 intruder , sorry if i spoil everybody's speculation.

-haukka81

A-6 Intruder one more two-seater warplane. IMHO, not the best way from marketing point. At least, better to make F-14D with LANTIRN as independent DCS module.

Edited by Sea Wings

80s - Great Time ...

IMHO, A-6 Intruder after F-14 not the best way from marketing point. Better to improve F-14 Air-to-Ground capability or make F-14D with LANTIRN as independent DCS module.

I think it would be great from a marketing standpoint. If I have the F-14 I would also like the A-6 so i can have more than one aircraft type on my carrier and have a realistic loadout. Also multiplayer in an A-6 would be awesome.

You can have multiplayer maps where there is only a bluefor carrier and F-14 for A2A and A-6 for groundpounding. Would be great.

I think it would be great from a marketing standpoint. If I have the F-14 I would also like the A-6 so i can have more than one aircraft type on my carrier and have a realistic loadout. Also multiplayer in an A-6 would be awesome.

You can have multiplayer maps where there is only a bluefor carrier and F-14 for A2A and A-6 for groundpounding. Would be great.

Well, I agree with you but still can not understand how to fly two-seater and bomb )))

80s - Great Time ...

But the F14 with a LANTIRN pod was created especially to replace the A6. It wouldn't make sense to have an A6.

Gotta catch them all bandits! :joystick:

I actually doubt its the Viggen. My thoughts are this "Larger Project" are naval aircraft.

Also Air to ground needs alot of loving, my money is on it being either the Tornado IDS (With naval modifications) or the Tornado GR4

It has both ground targeting and ground following / mapping radar, it has thrust reversers, it has more advanced avionics then the F-14. So it seems most likely

Which would be very very nice to have.

Just FYI, the AJ and AJS versions of the Viggen is dedicated air-to-ground versions with ground targeting and ground following / mapping radar plus thrust reversers. It also has extremly advanced avionics for its time.

But yeah don't get me wrong, i'd take a Tornado anyday!

2 Skjold

What do you think about Saab JAS 39 ?

As a swede, i would love it.

As a realist, i don't see it ever becoming a reality, except maybe the A variant but that things capabilities were somewhat of a joke. (partly why the Viggen's remained in service so long until we could get the Gripens up and running to specs)

To get the proper modern multi-role jet you'd need a JAS 39C version and that thing would be extremly fudged and simplified to the point where i -> personally <- don't really see the point (á la VEAO Typhoon)

On topic: The russians really do need some love, noit counting the FC3 stuff their selection is and will be extremly limited. MiG-23MLD in the future would be awesome.

I'm just hoping and praying its a fast mover and multirole! All of these dedicated A to A and A to G planes are killing me!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

To get the proper modern multi-role jet you'd need a JAS 39C version and that thing would be extremly fudged and simplified to the point where i -> personally <- don't really see the point (á la VEAO Typhoon)

They are also planning a Gripen I believe, I agree it needs to be a C model to be useful. We hear this a lot about certain aircraft being too complicated to model correctly in sim. In reality, VEAO have a lot more access to the aircraft than the rest of us and are confident that they can provide a product that is to DCS standards, and something very close to the real thing. This is good enough for me, it would be naive of us to expect all systems from a military aircraft to be 100% modeled in a public sim. I'm pretty sure that ED's A-10c has some items stripped from the consumer version, they don't detract from it at all so let's hope it is a similar situation with VEAOs Typhoon. As long as it looks and flys like a Typhoon, and the buttons do what I expect, I'll be very happy. DCS is a game ultimately and having a Typhoon that is even 95% what the real thing is, is better than having no Typhoon imo. Let's not write it off so eagerly at this stage anyway. I'd love a Gripen personally, I'm a big fan of Swedish aircraft.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

They are also planning a Gripen I believe

Yes, VEAO has it on their list, but that list is long with unfinished, and unstarted projects and I think the Gripen is far down the list when it comes to their priority, so I doubt I'll see it in my lifetime.

I think the next one will be "Mig-21 1.5 FIXed" :D

/jk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

As a swede, i would love it.

As a realist, i don't see it ever becoming a reality, except maybe the A variant but that things capabilities were somewhat of a joke. (partly why the Viggen's remained in service so long until we could get the Gripens up and running to specs)

On topic: The russians really do need some love, noit counting the FC3 stuff their selection is and will be extremly limited. MiG-23MLD in the future would be awesome.

Thank you! Good answer.

I hope SAAB will use the DCS for Gripen promotion and even finance developers. Why not? Now SAAB use YouTube to make Gripen promotion but DCS platform the best way to do this :thumbup:

80s - Great Time ...

I hope SAAB will use the DCS for Gripen promotion and even finance developers. Why not? Now SAAB use YouTube to make Gripen promotion but DCS platform the best way to do this :thumbup:

Lol, I'm sorry, but why would they focus their promotion towards video gamers? They are not selling any products targeted at that audience. YouTube is a very wide platform, and is actually useful for them in promoting their products to the target audience, which mostly consists of governments around the world. I also belive there is a disclaimer on the DCS loading screen saying something along the lines of "The manufacturers and intellectual property right owners of the vehicles, weapons, sensors and other systems represented in DCS World in no way endorse, sponsor or are otherwise involved in the development of DCS World and it's modules".