Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I find it interesting that a couple of the results for the search of that bolt are in Japanese. Maybe it is a Japanese plane as it would fit in with Rudel's avatar?

Edit: I found this Ebay posting with that bolt stating that it is used with: S-3B, H-60 and CH-53D/E

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/3-8-24-x-1-7-8-iron-alloy-660-military-aircraft-bolt-Viking-S-3B-Seahawk-H-60-/181470634834

Edited by Random_Pilot

104th_Junior

I find it interesting that a couple of the results for the search of that bolt are in Japanese. Maybe it is a Japanese plane as it would fit in with Rudel's avatar?

Edit: I found this Ebay posting with that bolt stating that it is used with: S-3B, H-60 and CH-53D/E

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/3-8-24-x-1-7-8-iron-alloy-660-military-aircraft-bolt-Viking-S-3B-Seahawk-H-60-/181470634834

Viking confirmed.

Even in both cases, recreating maps implementing submarine environment will be fully needed . Tell me, what we are going to do piloting ASW platforms against surface vessels . So, that is a quite good point for medium term development, if Iran is implemented somehow, its midget submarines + Kilo class can play an interesting role against a Carrier Battle Group or Commercial traffic .

Lets see what is all this bringing us !

Even in both cases, recreating maps implementing submarine environment will be fully needed . Tell me, what we are going to do piloting ASW platforms against surface vessels . So, that is a quite good point for medium term development, if Iran is implemented somehow, its midget submarines + Kilo class can play an interesting role against a Carrier Battle Group or Commercial traffic .

Lets see what is all this bringing us !

Well, Iran did get implemented with the 1.5 update, so thats that.

Also, with the F14 in development plus some theatres by leatherneck, makes me think that the S-3B is extremely possible to be one of the unannounced modules.

104th_Junior

Behind the 4 bolts hides the Viggen aircraft.

In order to understand this conclusion, you have to understand Swedish and also English. The Swedish word "Viggen" is short of the full length Swedish word "Askviggen" (actually the first letter A is in fact a special Swedish letter: an A with a little ring above it, but never mind this).

Askviggen translates into the English word Thunderbolt.

Removing Ask from Askviggen is like removing Thunder from Thunderbolt. So consequently "Viggen" = "Bolt"

I still wonder if this conclusion is the right one?

Viking confirmed.

Complete with Hoover sounds...

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU

A little google search turns up NAS6306-10

The closest I can find is NAS6306-28D which is for a Bombardier Challenger 601.

Can't find where the exact part is from.

Frisco1522

those bolts used to attached the engines? bombardier challenger 601 uses the GE CF34-3b turbofans, which are variants of the military CF34 which is used by the A-10, the Sikorsky S-72.... and the S-3 Viking

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

those bolts used to attached the engines? bombardier challenger 601 uses the GE CF34-3b turbofans, which are variants of the military CF34 which is used by the A-10, the Sikorsky S-72.... and the S-3 Viking

nvm, not engine attachment bolts, 3/8" too small, the ones ive seen in my limited career are wider

-Manfred von Richthofen

I dont know, but do somebody speculate that it could be the Tornado?

Specially the IDS/ECR...

Variable geometry, reverse thrust, ground radar?

maybe but im more inclined to think, without any evidence, that it'll be single seat.. personally im betting on the viggen. tornado ids would fit both the nautical theme of upcoming dcs (german marineflieger) and straights map with saudi tornados pretty good though :)

-Manfred von Richthofen

I've thought for a while now it could be tornado aswell. It fits the hints and if anyone read the article on mudspike about the NTTR a10c campaign, they'd have noticed the amount of tornado pictures on there..... lol

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It may have been mentioned already regarding the tornado there is a new 3D model Tornado IDS in 1.5 ob

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Come on LN! Tell us already! :)

Agreed!!!!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord