Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

Don't play with my feelings like that!

TOVARISCH YOU UNDERESTIMATE EFFECTIVENESS OF YAKOVLEV 38

tumblr_inline_noml3wtGB61rlhtha_500.gif

YAKOVLEV 38 DEMONSTRATES DEFENSIVE ABILITIES. IT PERFORM SOMERSAULT INTO BALL OF FIRE.

WOULD YOU PURSUE INTO BALL OF FIRE? NO? YAKOVLEV 38 DEFENSIVE STRATEGY IS SUCCESSFUL.

Wait, what!? Am i not supposed to follow great ball of fire? Igor no told me in briefing!

Thanks for the rep :)

F-5E doesn't have terribly complex avionics - though perhaps complex compared to the MiG-21)-Nick

The F-5 is simplier than the 21 in every aspect. Experience on both here.:smilewink:

Belsimtek is working on the f-5E, and the new model is in 1.5

Yeah, that´s probably it, but I do said it was a feeling, either one is good, I just believe somebody is going to bring the F-5 to DCS soon and I think it´s because the F-4 is not yet free to model.

But I also think that Zero is another possibility.:music_whistling:

Come on LNS! Bring it on already. :lol:

I figured it out.. They are making the X-wing. It has to be. Everything (almost) fits the bill, especially the new propulsion system. It can go to space AND light speed! Nailed it.

Of course... How could it be so obvious!!!

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

One WWII aircraft was indicated months ago, i don't have the time right now to hunt it down though, so you can either take my word for it or hunt it down on your own. So unless it's a 262, komet, p80 or arado, it'll be a prop.

The other was said to be "Modern", so most likely a jet. Toss in the other clues... well we've been over this... someone should update the OP with all the clues...

One WWII aircraft was indicated months ago, i don't have the time right now to hunt it down though, so you can either take my word for it or hunt it down on your own. So unless it's a 262, komet, p80 or arado, it'll be a prop.

The other was said to be "Modern", so most likely a jet. Toss in the other clues... well we've been over this... someone should update the OP with all the clues...

No, they shouldn't. Cause the OP is lazy.:smilewink:

Indications yes, although, that's still just best guesses. I mean officially. tells us something, without spoiling a proper announcement. :thumbup:

So one is japanese WW2 plane A6M Zero or Ki-84.

The other is maybe swedish or variant of a modern fighter from Russia or Europe.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Hopefully it will be one of the three............A-6 Intruder, F-4 Phantom 2 or the F-111 Ardvark.

Thinking it will be the Phantom 2. To counteract the Mig-21Bis. Which we need in the game. For that Era.

If u are right I just hope its F-4 , the two others dont interest me.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

My Dream is to fly the F-4

but i not have any problem with any of the modern airplanes from US or Russion

if any ather model will reales i bay its but not realy fly it (just like i did with the hawk,mi-8 and so )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Unfortunately it's not the F4 and almost guaranteed to be the Viggen. I say unfortunately because I would rather the F4 but I think the Viggen would still be very cool.

An F111C would be great too. The Aussie ones were very capable.

An F111C would be great too. The Aussie ones were very capable.

It actually kind of satisfies their hints too (still think its a Viggen though):

New force distribution (swing wing, internal bomb bay). The new propulsion might well be on the other plane, or the TF30 turbofan could count (if it came out before the F-14 it would be the first turbofan LNS has made).

Complex missiles: Popeye missile- the launching aircraft locks the missile on to the target after launch via a TV feed. Also the Harpoon anti-ship missile.

A2G radar in both the ground mapping targeting radar and the terrain following radar system.

Complex avionics- goes without saying.

Though I doubt that the F-111 is one of the modules in development, it would be a sensible choice for LNS in the future. The plane is out of service (so less classifed, I hope) and shares some commonality with the F-14 in the form of its engines and swing wing design. It's also an iconic plane (especially in Australia) and fills a gap the roles available among flyable aircraft, which I suspect would provide good sales.

It actually kind of satisfies their hints too (still think its a Viggen though):

New force distribution (swing wing, internal bomb bay). The new propulsion might well be on the other plane, or the TF30 turbofan could count (if it came out before the F-14 it would be the first turbofan LNS has made).

Complex missiles: Popeye missile- the launching aircraft locks the missile on to the target after launch via a TV feed. Also the Harpoon anti-ship missile.

A2G radar in both the ground mapping targeting radar and the terrain following radar system.

Complex avionics- goes without saying.

Though I doubt that the F-111 is one of the modules in development, it would be a sensible choice for LNS in the future. The plane is out of service (so less classifed, I hope) and shares some commonality with the F-14 in the form of its engines and swing wing design. It's also an iconic plane (especially in Australia) and fills a gap the roles available among flyable aircraft, which I suspect would provide good sales.

The problem is that those aircraft are all 2-crew aircraft and will need Jester AI. I doubt we'll see something like that before the F-14, but not impossible.

I suppose that LNS could be developing Jester AI for a module prior to the F-14 and simply announced it with the F-14 since it will also require it. Though I doubt that. Both aircraft are really likely to be single-seater aircraft.

With all of the hints and bits of info pulled together (Riller's comment on their Viggen exterior model in it's 4th iteration on a Swedish forum, for example). I would be flabbergasted if they announced anything but WWII PTO/F4U and the Viggen. For me, the big interest is learning about the modules details, special features, and the theaters they developed.

They could totally shock us with something out of left field, but I wouldn't put money on that.

At least thats my 2 cents.

-Nick

The problem is that those aircraft are all 2-crew aircraft and will need Jester AI. I doubt we'll see something like that before the F-14, but not impossible.

I suppose that LNS could be developing Jester AI for a module prior to the F-14 and simply announced it with the F-14 since it will also require it. Though I doubt that. Both aircraft are really likely to be single-seater aircraft.

With all of the hints and bits of info pulled together (Riller's comment on their Viggen exterior model in it's 4th iteration on a Swedish forum, for example). I would be flabbergasted if they announced anything but WWII PTO/F4U and the Viggen. For me, the big interest is learning about the modules details, special features, and the theaters they developed.

They could totally shock us with something out of left field, but I wouldn't put money on that.

At least thats my 2 cents.

-Nick

Actually, I don't think you would need the Jester AI for the F-111 and other such ground attackers. The need for Jester comes out of the F-14's design for Pilot and RIO.

You don't need it for the current Mi-8 or UH-1H, both of which are manned by crews in combat. Switching from seat to seat would work fine in ground attack roles. Now, when you're needing radar information from a RIO, that's where an issue would come in.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!